Speed UTV

Not sure what happened to Larry Roeseler but looks like RG is towing him to the finish line. Sportsmanship and Respect. Love it!!!
His transmission was loosing oil.  They ran out of extra oil so RG towed them to the pavement where they could get more oil.  Very classy move.  

Larry drove the entire race at age 64!  Legend!!!!

His transmission was loosing oil.  They ran out of extra oil so RG towed them to the pavement where they could get more oil.  Very classy move.  

Larry drove the entire race at age 64!  Legend!!!!
That’s a stand up move by RG. Any news on what broke on the RZR?

That’s a stand up move by RG. Any news on what broke on the RZR?
Early in the race it was a front shock.  I believe he is still racing.  His tracker stopped working about 3 hours ago around race mile 835.    

A poorly penetrated weld on the Super ATV trailing arm let go.  Freak deal.   They already shipped me new ones.  Have the stock trailing arms on  there.  
Heard about that Shark.  Glad the crew got you going enough to ride.  But lets not bring up the whole Bad weld thing as it might spark a ton of chit talk again about Speed welds and people never buying one.  Should people stop buying Super ATV stuff now due to bad welds.? LMAO

Heard about that Shark.  Glad the crew got you going enough to ride.  But lets not bring up the whole Bad weld thing as it might spark a ton of chit talk again about Speed welds and people never buying one.  Should people stop buying Super ATV stuff now due to bad welds.? LMAO
It was good seeing you!  Hopefully you will make it out between Christmas and New Years. 

The pit crew had my car apart in no time while I got the replacement parts.  It was awesome. 

People talk crap on Super ATV all the time.  Just go on any SXS Facebook page or forum when Super ATV is mentioned. LOL!  I called them and they next day shipped me a new set of trailing arms.   The person said it was a poorly penetrated weld and took care of everything quickly. 

It will be interesting to see how they do head to head once both our out in the public. 
So these cars will be around 3000 lbs with 4 passengers. Seems pretty heavy for 225hp. I will be curious if the extra torque of the bigger engine will help with a heavy loaded car. 

So these cars will be around 3000 lbs with 4 passengers. Seems pretty heavy for 225hp. I will be curious if the extra torque of the bigger engine will help with a heavy loaded car. 
It's a CVT, torque doesn't  factor in the same way it would with a traditional drivetrain.  Now, before everyone jumps down my throat, I'm not saying torque doesn't matter at all - in fact we all know HP is a made-up figure derived from TQ anyway.  HP = (TQ*RPM)/5252  However, with a properly setup CVT anytime you're "on it" you're at or around peak HP-RPM, under load it will never really be at the peak TQ RPM.  Now, the bigger motor (and more efficient head, more efficient turbo/exhaust layout, etc.) will help it spool faster and get you to full boost at peak HP RPM more quickly when you call for power and yes when run through a traditional dyno sweep on an engine dyno I'd expect to see more TQ from the Speed motor than the current Polaris and Can AM turbo offerings, but again you won't really be "using the TQ" when you call for power.  

As for weight, I still don't think it'll be much heavier than a current X3 4-seater, and those seem to do fine on 200 HP. 

-TJ

I think they will scoot around and the only time you will really notice the weight is climbing a steep dune.  If the person knows how to drive in the dunes and use momentum they will be fine.  If they think dune runs are just plowing up and down they will be belt burners. 

In the desert/hard pack they are both going to shine. 

It's a CVT, torque doesn't  factor in the same way it would with a traditional drivetrain.  Now, before everyone jumps down my throat, I'm not saying torque doesn't matter at all - in fact we all know HP is a made-up figure derived from TQ anyway.  HP = (TQ*RPM)/5252  However, with a properly setup CVT anytime you're "on it" you're at or around peak HP-RPM, under load it will never really be at the peak TQ RPM.  Now, the bigger motor (and more efficient head, more efficient turbo/exhaust layout, etc.) will help it spool faster and get you to full boost at peak HP RPM more quickly when you call for power and yes when run through a traditional dyno sweep on an engine dyno I'd expect to see more TQ from the Speed motor than the current Polaris and Can AM turbo offerings, but again you won't really be "using the TQ" when you call for power.  

As for weight, I still don't think it'll be much heavier than a current X3 4-seater, and those seem to do fine on 200 HP. 

-TJ
The biggest difference is the 4 banger Polaris motor might not be working as hard.  With all the crap some people put on their 4 seaters now I would think fully loaded they rolling around in the 2700lbs range. 

Some of those 4 seat Can Am's were flying up Olds.  

Back