Speed UTV

He talked about all of the little refinements they are doing after the testing they did. They tilted the shifter and attached it to the cable double shear, now it works much smoother, they disassembled the test engines and changed some of the tolerances for more longevity. It sounded like the trans and differentials are all fine. That's about it.

It was boring, that poor guy is a great designer or whatever, but he's no motivational speaker!  LOL However, I'm still grateful that they're going over everything with magnifying glasses to make sure they're not missing anything. Nobody's perfect, but if they keep looking everything over again and again with multiple people, eventually they'll catch everything humanly possible.
I would hope at this point they are going over everything with a fine tooth comb. This is no dig, but after taking this long, why not take longer and try to perfect everything possible? Your die hard ticket holders will wait and be thankful for the product in the end. At least that’s how I see it.

I ordered belts from Simpson and got the 2'' shoulders and 3'' lap. Friends asked why and disagreed until they sat in the car.
I had 3" lap belts in my XP1000 with 2" shoulder harnesses. " lap belts are fine, it is the 3" shoulder belts that rub on your neck. My last X3 I did 2" all around.  

Wasn’t Robby or max in the truck at that time. They handed it off to Steve. Not sure who is co pilot. 
Yeah I saw that. Guess Steve barely hopped in and then he went into a ditch.  :doh:  .
In other news sounds like Wayne  Matlock broke a shock and is down for now. 

Yeah I saw that. Guess Steve barely hopped in and then he went into a ditch.  :doh:  .
In other news sounds like Wayne  Matlock broke a shock and is down for now. 
Matlock is moving again.  Front shock broke is the rumor and replaced.

RG won't be in the truck until after mile 600.  

what i heard from a cactus who was told by the roadrunner who said that the eagle saw RG nerf the ProR then pit maneuver the front corner asking about his patented lower shock mount location and poof down went the split over axle shock  :dunno:

Wayne and his Pro R are still going.  He is around mile 750 and 3rd in his class.  

The lead turbo car of Phil Blurton (Can Am for LOTD) is around race mile 927.   Oh and the lead turbo UTV would be running 3rd in Class 10 right now.  LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back