Speed UTV

Think that relationship with King is with SST trucks currently.  Running one of his shocks per wheel on the TT. Mark Post has been testing the Riviera truck, rumor is it’s running the 1000. Looks like it’s still running RG shocks. 

Unicorn rear shock

View attachment 17020

View attachment 17021
The Rivera truck is still badass!   

Magical?  No.  But they are *very* different than what's on the market right now (not just stock SxS shocks, but in general).  Different doesn't always mean better, that'll have to be proven.  But his design creates way more zones for different valving than anything else right now.  That means more (and more difficult) tuning, but *in theory* would provide a shock that can be a better "jack of all trades." 

-TJ
I think this is great for the person that likes to tinker and dial in things(I’m personally that type). But I feel there are a lot of people that want nothing to do with tuning on things and just want to add fuel and pin it. 

How is this not trolling? Nobody said they were magical, just innovative. Go ahead and BS your way out of not being a troll.
I am merely trying to figure out what he does so different than other shock manufactures. I am not saying his shocks are crap.   

Lord of the Dunes thinks everything Robby does is magical and special, so I used the word magical versus innovative.  

I will say your guys view of trolling is way different than what I have seen as actual trolling.  

I think this is great for the person that likes to tinker and dial in things(I’m personally that type). But I feel there are a lot of people that want nothing to do with tuning on things and just want to add fuel and pin it. 
I agree, and the claim is that the shocks will be pretty dialed for that buyer.  They want them setup to dune well, trail ride well, high-speed desert well, jump well, carry 4 ppl well, etc. right out of the box.  If you want it to do any one of those things even better, it'll be a lot of tinkering and presumably take away from the others...

-TJ

Not trolling at all.  You think Robby walks on water and everything he does is magical.  I just don't think his shocks are something magical.   I can accept when I am wrong, you just like to dig the hole deeper when you are wrong.   

I already said he has an advantage with being able to set up his shocks more for a specific target.  Which is a win win for the Speed UTV owners. 

Since you know all that is Robby explain what he does that is so drastically different or better than other shock manufacturers.   
I don't think Robby walks on water. I just pay attention to what he says and shows in the videos. I understand he's been involved in racing for 35 yrs and he's learned a lot along the way. As opposed to whoever is designing for the other UTV makers. 

He hasn't revealed how he designed the shocks, and he probably never will. You consistently underestimate his design ideas and refuse to accept anything I tell you until 2 or 3 other people chime in.

But it really makes no difference, as long as you're happy with your X3, I'm happy for you. It just puzzles me why you have such a negative outlook about the Speed UTV and RG.

I don't think Robby walks on water. I just pay attention to what he says and shows in the videos. I understand he's been involved in racing for 35 yrs and he's learned a lot along the way. As opposed to whoever is designing for the other UTV makers. 

He hasn't revealed how he designed the shocks, and he probably never will. You consistently underestimate his design ideas and refuse to accept anything I tell you until 2 or 3 other people chime in.

But it really makes no difference, as long as you're happy with your X3, I'm happy for you. It just puzzles me why you have such a negative outlook about the Speed UTV and RG.
I don't have a negative outlook on the Speed UTV design or what he is trying to do.  I like a lot of things he has done with the Speed UTV and what he is bringing is great.    Sorry if I do not take certain things at face value and question stuff.  It is in my nature and if you don't question stuff how are you going to learn?

Yes I poke fun, but that is part of this thread. 

Does not mean later down the line I won't own a Speed UTV.    I have no interest in the El Jeffe.   The only model that interest me is the Bandit. 

I don't have a negative outlook on the Speed UTV design or what he is trying to do.  I like a lot of things he has done with the Speed UTV and what he is bringing is great.    Sorry if I do not take certain things at face value and question stuff.  It is in my nature and if you don't question stuff how are you going to learn?

Yes I poke fun, but that is part of this thread. 

Does not mean later down the line I won't own a Speed UTV.    I have no interest in the El Jeffe.   The only model that interest me is the Bandit. 
I can understand asking questions, but you always default to the worst case scenario and refuse to believe what people tell you until two or more verify it.

Maybe you don't realize you're doing it. I also understand you started this thread for entertainment purposes and we're mucking it all up with actual info. 

Sorry about that.    :lol:

Larry Roeseler - The all time winning-est baja racer in history. Racing for over 40 years in baja.

11th Place in San Felipe 250 2021. https://score-international.com/raceinfo/overall-finish-order-2021-sf250/

And your point is?

For shits, here's me giving LR the horns with a flat tire. He still smoked me in the end though.

My point is, his results don't matter, what matters is the product he is developing. Going back to my statement previous in this thread, if he would of DNF'd it would have been devastating.

11th with the penalties is now a tongue in cheek insult.

If he would've gotten 1st there would have been comments about why were his times not faster.

Its all bullshit really. 

The peanut gallery has gotten old here.

View attachment 17023
That is a sweet shot!!!!

With 35+ years racing, placing 11th is very solid. Good job rg!  
RG’s goal wasn’t to finish first rather just to finish. And that’s what he did unlike so many others. If he wanted to win he would not have pitted after every lap to collect data and look the car over. He accomplished what he set out for. 

RG's shocks are innovative because they are/were so far ahead of their time. He was building internal bypass shocks before anyone saw a external (tube) bypass. I pitted the Rivera truck a longggg time ago (Robby pulled into our pit for an emergency). We were working on the back of the truck and I remember seeing the RG shocks for the first time. They were massive! I had no idea what I was looking at. I remember asking someone how the hell is he running with only a coilover??? Now everyone is building them. I have taken a lot of shocks apart but admittingly I have not messed with a internal bypass so I don't know for a fact what is better or worst in an RG/Fox/King/SAW other than the RG has a bigger res. and the res rotates 360 degrees. I know the Fox external adjusters (on internal bypass), adjust such a minimal amount they aren't really worth it. I hope the RG adjuster, adjust more of a percentage of the valving. More like an external bypass.

RG’s goal wasn’t to finish first rather just to finish. And that’s what he did unlike so many others. If he wanted to win he would not have pitted after every lap to collect data and look the car over. He accomplished what he set out for. 
Just like the huckfest thing. He wasn't there to "launch" the car. He was here to test/show the car. 

With 35+ years racing, placing 11th is very solid. Good job rg!  
Obviously this was meant sarcastically.  I think a new car from the ground up finishing its first real race *is* a good job.  Sure, RG has 35+ years in off road racing, but it's still a big accomplishment to put together a program from scratch and finish the first race.  But, ppl can spin it anyway way they want...

-TJ

Back