Speed UTV

LOL!   

Looks like they found a fail point.  Wonder what failed on the car. 

Maybe in Tech Talk presentation 456 they can explain what happen.  
In Episode 456, Robby will be discussing the A/C and heater features of his fully enclosed prerunner with 30" of travel, stock stereo with XM, BT, Pandora and 2 10" subs, along with the all new twin turbo 3.5l V6 mated to the Albins sequential 6 speed and terrain radar that adjusts the shocks 2000 times per second.

Intro price will be $60k for loyal Speed owners. $100k if you trade in a X3 or Rzr. MSRP will be $75k.

You know in the past... I would say you shouldn't talk to customers that way.... but.... they way the world is going.. it's kind of nice to see somebody not sit back and take chit from people anymore....It would kind of be nice to see the chit talkers get punched in the mouth a few times...bet a lot of them wouldn't be so brave. That is what is wrong with society... you have little punks that know they can't get popped in the mouth just sayin whatever the hell they want... I think people have had enough...

Am I the only one?????????
Robby is somewhat trump-like in his take-no-chit attitude. I like it!

Robby is somewhat trump-like in his take-no-chit attitude. I like it!
On FB, I posted that I would have tried to take 1-2-3 in the UTVWC then start slamming on all of the haters, etc. Basically Robby is too polite and I used to be Trump's social media director, do they need my services??

You know, doing my Sand Shark impersonation!

Then someone else said, "If you were really Trump's social media director, DM me, I have a business proposition for you."

:lol:

Anyone know if Speed is gonna have a dealer in the Cabo San Lucas/SJD area?  I sent them an email, but no response yet.

The latest show he mentioned they’ve experienced some oiling and bearing issues with the motors. Anyone know anything about this? Was this an issue in their previous engines?  Have they resolved them with this new motor which I think is the second or third generation motor??

Also, it was nice to hear he raced the Diablo prototype with the newer engine in it and had no engine or belt issues. I know it was in the dirt but still good to hear.  

Since you gave no details, do you have a link to these vehicles?
Currently I’m at Glamis on Sunset Hill I don’t have my computer this is from my phone but I was looking at a video on YouTube last week from the chupacabra guy he just got a new Can-Am and he was explaining in one of his latest videos the difference in the newer Can-Am‘s and how they are increasing strength in some areas. If I remember right he bought the Can-Am that is more of the Rockcrawler but he goes over and explains it all in detail used to work for one of them side-by-side companies he Kinda seems to be straightforward

as for the Polaris I did see a video last week that was hinting at their newer upgrades but I think somebody mentioned that the first week in November they’re debuting their 22 top-of-the-line model I believe they were now going to have bigger tires and other things that they’ve improved upon but it’s still not gonna be as beefy as a speed that’s all I know take it for what it’s worth

Currently I’m at Glamis on Sunset Hill I don’t have my computer this is from my phone but I was looking at a video on YouTube last week from the chupacabra guy he just got a new Can-Am and he was explaining in one of his latest videos the difference in the newer Can-Am‘s and how they are increasing strength in some areas. If I remember right he bought the Can-Am that is more of the Rockcrawler but he goes over and explains it all in detail used to work for one of them side-by-side companies he Kinda seems to be straightforward

as for the Polaris I did see a video last week that was hinting at their newer upgrades but I think somebody mentioned that the first week in November they’re debuting their 22 top-of-the-line model I believe they were now going to have bigger tires and other things that they’ve improved upon but it’s still not gonna be as beefy as a speed that’s all I know take it for what it’s worth
Gotcha!

I misunderstood what you were saying in the other post, my bad!

Have a great time! Tell Nicholas he shoulda waited for the Speed!

:lol:

So looking at the base model, what are you able to upgrade? Looks like you are stuck with the graphics and the seat upgrade is only for the LE and RG Edition?

Cool video with some awesome views of both the cars and the scenery. Testing must be going good if they’re saying “It’s going to make a lot of people happy”.

LOL!   

Looks like they found a fail point.  Wonder what failed on the car. 

Maybe in Tech Talk presentation 456 they can explain what happen.  
Probably just ran out of gas…AGAIN!! 😂 I believe that car has over 5,000 miles on it now so hopefully nothing major. 

Wonder what's different about the two cars they were testing? The carbon car sounds pretty good, MUCH better than the orange car.  Maybe optional exhaust or something?

Wonder what's different about the two cars they were testing? The carbon car sounds pretty good, MUCH better than the orange car.  Maybe optional exhaust or something?
The carbon car is a race build, so I'm sure it's just a basic straight-through exhaust vs. the prod exhaust.

-TJ

Suspension looked good in the whoops in that video.  I wonder how fast they were going.    Glad they are finally out doing more testing.

Would be cool if they took them to Baja to do some of the pre-running for the 1000.  Those would be some really good test miles to throw on the car. 

The carbon car is a race build, so I'm sure it's just a basic straight-through exhaust vs. the prod exhaust.

-TJ
The exhaust on the production car has a unique sound.  

I noticed in all of their other videos, they filmed from a stationary spot, or aimed the camera forward, but I don't recall them aiming rearward and getting footage of the 2nd car.

I was thinking that this was intentional, with Max doing a lot of excursions off the main trail just to tweak some people's noses about his alternate route in the race. Notice he said, "That will make some people real happy" right after that, not at the end of the video, like he would have if he meant footage of them driving the UTVs in general. 

Just noticed it was the race Speed UTV going to Dakar that they filmed in the whoops.  No wonder it looked good.  LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back