Speed UTV

He has bean counters called his investors.  At some point those money investors are going to want a return on their investment.  Profit is still number one, they may have a lower expectation of what the profit should be versus the big guys.

I know one Can Am owner that did not have to pay for the Speed tool kit, so he lost out on some profit.  LOL!

RG better hurry up as Polaris just dropped a sweet video of the Pro R and it will be in dealer by the end of next month or December. 
You mean the Hoonigan video where the right rear tire missed the landing ramp?

After RG drove over K-rails, they drove over some little rubber parking stops? How cute!      :lmao:

I was more impressed they got permission to drive on the beach and drift in the streets. 

Does it have hydraulics on it? I thought I saw some low riders in there somewhere...

He has bean counters called his investors.  At some point those money investors are going to want a return on their investment.  Profit is still number one, they may have a lower expectation of what the profit should be versus the big guys.

I know one Can Am owner that did not have to pay for the Speed tool kit, so he lost out on some profit.  LOL!

RG better hurry up as Polaris just dropped a sweet video of the Pro R and it will be in dealer by the end of next month or December. 
How do you know he has investors? Do you know who they are?

He might have gotten a loan, and as long as he makes his loan payments every month from profits selling tool kits to Canam owners who really need them, it's all good.

How do you know he has investors? Do you know who they are?

He might have gotten a loan, and as long as he makes his loan payments every month from profits selling tool kits to Canam owners who really need them, it's all good.
How much you think it cost to design everything from the ground up, build the prototypes for parts and the car, test, refine, order all the parts needed to make them and then pay for manufacturing and tooling?   

I am pretty confident they have some outside investors with a lot more money then Todd and RG combined. 

How much you think it cost to design everything from the ground up, build the prototypes for parts and the car, test, refine, order all the parts needed to make them and then pay for manufacturing and tooling?   

I am pretty confident they have some outside investors with a lot more money then Todd and RG combined. 
I've covered this in  previous post.

How much does it cost RG to do all of that?

A LOT less than any big corporation with tons of worthless executives at the top sucking millions in salary every yr.

Just like Lockheed's Skunkworks designed the SR-71 and lots of other cutting edge planes. Lockheed knew the entire bureaucracy would bog down any fast paced project, so they hired a genius, let him pick his team and they cranked out a revolutionary plane that dealt with tons of issues including extreme heat dissipation, material expansion, supersonic aerodynamics at the air inlets, flying at the edge of space, etc etc in record time at a fairly low cost, compared to a company wide committee fiasco.

In one video, RG mentioned he needed a part redesigned and they did it in one day.

He also got deposits of $1500 min. per car, plus all accessories were paid in advance by the customers. That's millions of $$ of deposits in advance and he paid nothing out of pocket for accessories.

If you do a Google search for "investors for speed utv" here's what comes up:

TCF National Bank's inventory finance subsidiary was named the exclusive floor plan financing provider for powersports company Speed UTV, which is owned by Robby Gordon, a former NASCAR and IndyCar racer, and Todd Romano, Founder of DragonFire Racing.

No mention of any investors or venture capitalists.

I've covered this in  previous post.

How much does it cost RG to do all of that?

A LOT less than any big corporation with tons of worthless executives at the top sucking millions in salary every yr.

Just like Lockheed's Skunkworks designed the SR-71 and lots of other cutting edge planes. Lockheed knew the entire bureaucracy would bog down any fast paced project, so they hired a genius, let him pick his team and they cranked out a revolutionary plane that dealt with tons of issues including extreme heat dissipation, material expansion, supersonic aerodynamics at the air inlets, flying at the edge of space, etc etc in record time at a fairly low cost, compared to a company wide committee fiasco.

In one video, RG mentioned he needed a part redesigned and they did it in one day.

He also got deposits of $1500 min. per car, plus all accessories were paid in advance by the customers. That's millions of $$ of deposits in advance and he paid nothing out of pocket for accessories.

If you do a Google search for "investors for speed utv" here's what comes up:

TCF National Bank's inventory finance subsidiary was named the exclusive floor plan financing provider for powersports company Speed UTV, which is owned by Robby Gordon, a former NASCAR and IndyCar racer, and Todd Romano, Founder of DragonFire Racing.

No mention of any investors or venture capitalists.
If he and Todd are doing this with no outside investors, then kudos to them.   

TCF is for them to get the dealer network going and get the dealers the financing to put the cars on the showroom floor. 

Silent investors are often not named as owners.  

Only you would know how it's spelled on his underwear
FIFY :biggrin:

Sure, but it was a different race altogether. The stats he listed are from one specific race. Purposely excluding any other races. He didn't include any cars from that race either. C'mon man. 

Unpossible.  The arms should've exploded and killed many innocents in the process.

You mean they didn't jump over a fwy in Long Beach, or race down the beach, drift in the streets or hang out with lowriders???

Damn. Just more boring tech talk.

Too bad RG spends so much time on tech stuff. He should do a video! Driving through the streets of Harlem! Jumping over 100 Rzrs stuck in a wash... driving by the Canam factory storage lot, tossing a lighter...

:lol:

You mean they didn't jump over a fwy in Long Beach, or race down the beach, drift in the streets or hang out with lowriders???

Too bad RG spends so much time on tech stuff. He should do a video! Driving through the streets of Harlem! Jumping over 100 Rzrs stuck in a wash... driving by the Canam factory storage lot, tossing a lighter...

Polaris knows their market-base.

While these drivers are great....

I'd love to see New Models tested in the places we use them. Even though we often see a very modified video with all the best angles, clips, etc   :lol:

Polaris knows their market-base.

While these drivers are great....

I'd love to see New Models tested in the places we use them. Even though we often see a very modified video with all the best angles, clips, etc   :lol:
Back in 2012, Arctic Cat took video footage from Polaris's own ads and slowed it way down, showing just how rough the ride is for the driver through the whoops as it hammered from one crest to another. Then they ran their car and a Rzr through a test section and they showed how the WC had more travel, so it soaked up the whoops better, but the driver was also in the center, so as the front and rear bounced, the driver was rocking slightly, rather than getting hammered in the ass by a jackhammer with only 14" of travel.

Of course the whoops and speed were optimized in the WC's favor, but it did illustrate that 18">14" and seat location makes a huge difference.

Tech talk for how many weeks now?   Polaris will give the tech stuff when they make the official announcement.

Perhaps RG should spend less time telling us how great everything is and spend more time testing.   Thank god there was a Can Am there!  LMAO!!!!!

oops.png

Tech talk for how many weeks now?   Polaris will give the tech stuff when they make the official announcement.

Perhaps RG should spend less time telling us how great everything is and spend more time testing.   Thank god there was a Can Am there!  LMAO!!!!!

View attachment 16679
All Tech talk no sizzle until interest starts to fizzle

View attachment 16679
The story I heard was the front end fell of the X3 and the Speed got a flat tire running over it.

The story I heard was the front end fell of the X3 and the Speed got a flat tire running over it.

LOL!   

Looks like they found a fail point.  Wonder what failed on the car. 

Maybe in Tech Talk presentation 456 they can explain what happen.  

Back