Speed UTV

You know in the past... I would say you shouldn't talk to customers that way.... but.... they way the world is going.. it's kind of nice to see somebody not sit back and take chit from people anymore....It would kind of be nice to see the chit talkers get punched in the mouth a few times...bet a lot of them wouldn't be so brave. That is what is wrong with society... you have little punks that know they can't get popped in the mouth just sayin whatever the hell they want... I think people have had enough...

Am I the only one?????????

Eh... I watched all the UTVs.. I'll stick to my 'opinion'.. a well built up (not stock SPEED) UTV can do just as well.. if not better. .. with the proper driver.

I like the SPEED.. I really like it.. but you have to be in the 2% of drivers or you might as well be running a VW buggy circa 1976 with 2" of travel.

Decent UTV (built) + Driver.. other than that you're a Sierra Club jeeper... 

:rofl:

I'm bored with Speed n' Vaccine talk.. I'm just ready to get in the desert.. besides breaking in my 2 new motors.. I ain't done diddly since I blew both motors in Feb of 21.. super lame..

I can't wait .. to JUNK my sh__ out there.. no limits.. 'PUNCH IT!! .. PUNCH IT!!... GET SOME... GET SOME!..

abc

Last edited by a moderator:
You know in the past... I would say you shouldn't talk to customers that way.... but.... they way the world is going.. it's kind of nice to see somebody not sit back and take chit from people anymore....It would kind of be nice to see the chit talkers get punched in the mouth a few times...bet a lot of them wouldn't be so brave. That is what is wrong with society... you have little punks that know they can't get popped in the mouth just sayin whatever the hell they want... I think people have had enough...

Am I the only one?????????
No, I agree with you. I posted a video of a guy in an Aussie TV show who's daughter got bumped and she lost her ice cream cone. Instead of apologizing, they talked chit. So he put one in the hospital. He got court ordered anger management classes. He told them he doesn't have an anger problem, he just bashes rude arseholes.

The leader of the class said, "The world is full of arseholes, Ray. What are you gonna do? Bash them all?" Ray: "Sure. That's why the world is full of arseholes, because they get away with it. Nobody bashes them. I'm doing something about it."

Now with the internet, people think they can say sh1t and there are no repercussions because they're hiding behind a keyboard in their grandma's basement. Very rarely does anyone on social media get censored for personal attacks. Only if their name is Donald Trump, then you get deleted for telling the uncomfortable truth.

The funny thing is, since RG's clap back, 90%of the sh1t talking has stopped. Glamishub has no more Speed/RG memes, it used to be full of them. Now they only talk crap about Polaris and CanAm. The Speed UTV Community FB page used to be full of haters, now almost no chit talking. I occasionally see some chit talking on the AZ Rzr FB page, but one well aimed slam from the top ropes usually shuts them up immediately.

:lol:

Reactions: DTA
24 minutes ago, ANGRYBUTTCRACK said:

Eh... I watched all the UTVs.. I'll stick to my 'opinion'.. a well built up (not stock SPEED) UTV can do just as well.. if not better. .. with the proper driver.

I like the SPEED.. I really like it.. but you have to be in the 2% of drivers or you might as well be running a VW buggy circa 1976 with 2" of travel.

Decent UTV (built) + Driver.. other than that you're a Sierra Club jeeper... 

:rofl:

I'm bored with Speed n' Vaccine talk.. I'm just ready to get in the desert.. besides breaking in my 2 new motors.. I ain't done diddly since I blew both motors in Feb of 21.. super lame..

I can't wait .. to JUNK my sh__ out there.. no limits.. 'PUNCH IT!! .. PUNCH IT!!... GET SOME... GET SOME!..

I'd like to see that!

Do you have a drone yet? Drone footage would be awesome!!

You've obviously never raced.

If you're not cheating you ain't racing.

The old adage rings true.
I raced every night for 7 years.....

On the internet..😁

It really does bring into question the reliability/dependability of the vehicles that bypassed the rough part. Were the top five all taking the same route?

Last edited by a moderator:
I raced every night for 7 years.....

On the internet..😁

It really does bring into question the reliability of the vehicles that bypass the rough part. For the top five all taking the same route?
What makes you think it was the rough part?

How exactly does that make you question their reliability?

You never know the limits of the vehicle until you break it. There's the possibility that the course could have been 100% rougher and they both still would have finished. But of course if you're a hater, everything looks like imminent failure...

Im saying its sort of the same thing. RG's approach is a little different. People call out his CS skills implying they wont do business with him.

In return he says Eff you.

Sort of the same I think. And I find nothing wrong with it honestly. Its brash that's for sure, but its his business and his IG account. He can do what he wants.
I'm flattered. 

Yes you are correct, he can do whatever he wants. 🙂

What makes you think it was the rough part?

How exactly does that make you question their reliability?

You never know the limits of the vehicle until you break it. There's the possibility that the course could have been 100% rougher and they both still would have finished. But of course if you're a hater, everything looks like imminent failure...
It was stated above that that straight away was bypassing the rough stuff.  I am an 100% impartial jury here so hater I am not. Don't you think it's relevant if they bypassed the rough? There sure were a lot of breakdowns.

It was stated above that that straight away was bypassing the rough stuff.  I am an 100% impartial jury here so hater I am not. Don't you think it's relevant if they bypassed the rough? There sure were a lot of breakdowns.
If you look at some of the video of the cars on the course, most of the course was rough. That wasn't "the rough part" of the course. Also, the wash wasn't a straight away. If you recall from that same post, a lot of the racers used that wash in practice, making it rougher as each car ran through it.

You seem to interpret things in a very unusual way, like changing "wash" to "straight away", thinking the ridge route was "the rough part", feeling that they should have been DQ'd for cheating, when 1/2 the racers took that same wash in the race, etc etc.

You're definitely revealing a "glass is half empty" attitude towards this, when an objective person might say "the glass is filled to 50% of capacity."

Meanwhile, I'm over here saying, "Damn! That's some good Kool-Aid!"

:lol:  

Alot for sure. I think it was only 11 cars that got into the final 5th lap out of 37. And if you go look many only did 1,2or 3 laps didn't even get into the 4th. 

...a well built up (not stock SPEED) UTV can do just as well.. if not better. ..
I don't disagree at all.  The one RG ran was basically stock-spec.  The shocks, arms, etc. on Max's car were stock (like, stock valving and all) AFAIK.  Max only had the NA XX motor.  RG ran the 91 octane tune AFAIK.  The result is incredible for basically stock, out of the box stuff.  Nobody should take what I said above about the penalty situation as discrediting or down-talking the Speed.  Imagine a year or two of development into these cars...

-TJ

I don't disagree at all.  The one RG ran was basically stock-spec.  The shocks, arms, etc. on Max's car were stock (like, stock valving and all) AFAIK.  Max only had the NA XX motor.  RG ran the 91 octane tune AFAIK.  The result is incredible for basically stock, out of the box stuff.  Nobody should take what I said above about the penalty situation as discrediting or down-talking the Speed.  Imagine a year or two of development into these cars...

-TJ
Man... you got some LS with a darn 4.0 whipple.. why are you playing with golf carts? .. Lemme guess...

A. You have a serious (like OB level) toy addiction (including street and off-road stuff) 

OR

B. Your group has SXS and/or quads .. but if that is the case, hope you're getting a 2 seater. I know my buddy with his 4 seat canned ham, hates it when we're with quads. The 2 seater SXSs can do those little hairpin quad like turns in the small stuff... the 4 seaters, not so much.. 

.. You have jeeps too right?.. how many vehicles do you have?.. OK.. off topic. .. I would guess too many to list in your signature ..  :rofl:

Peace

abc

Man... you got some LS with a darn 4.0 whipple.. why are you playing with golf carts? .. Lemme guess...

A. You have a serious (like OB level) toy addiction (including street and off-road stuff) 

OR

B. Your group has SXS and/or quads .. but if that is the case, hope you're getting a 2 seater. I know my buddy with his 4 seat canned ham, hates it when we're with quads. The 2 seater SXSs can do those little hairpin quad like turns in the small stuff... the 4 seaters, not so much.. 

.. You have jeeps too right?.. how many vehicles do you have?.. OK.. off topic. .. I would guess too many to list in your signature ..  :rofl:

Peace

abc
Can't it be both? 

There's no doubt A is a factor. I have issues, man.  B comes into play, but not so much in G.  Most of my G group have rails, and we do a fair amount of rail-only runs.  Don't get me wrong, there are also SxSs and quads in the group, and we often do big group rides with all of 'em and the Funco does just fine for that... or sometimes I just take the RZR for those runs.   It's more than just that though, there's a whole other half of the year where we go do trips all over which are SxS trips.  Neither the wife or I like being passenger, so we like having 2 dirt toys.  We still have our XPT, but right now that leaves one of us (her 😉 ) stuck riding shotgun.  The Speed will fix that.  And yes, I did get the 2 seat, but I got the longer (110") wheelbase "El Diablo" not the shortest 95" wheelbase Baja Bandit.  Yes, I also have some Jeeps (all Grands, an '03 WJ, a '17 Trailhawk 5.7 Hemi and a '18 Trackhawk 6.2 Supercahrged "Hellcat"), and my pickup.  I don't actually have any fast cars right now, which is a bit out of character for me.  But I've been getting more into *cough*Overlanding*cough* so between that, Glamis, house renovation, etc. I really have no time for actually doing AutoX or road course stuff... and the Trackhawk is plenty of giggles for just ripping around on the street.    

-TJ

He finished 6th, even while stopping in the pits every lap to have the car looked over and running out of gas 300 yds from the finish line. The final position of 11th was after penalties, which doesn't reflect the actual speed of the car.
The were taking the cheater line so the longer pit did not really effect them that much.  LOL!  

I'm actually quite impressed with the Textron XX that Max drove. I know it was modified to be his race car long ago, then they added the Speed suspension, wheels and tires. Considering he started off in last position and worked his way up to 2nd before penalties, that's quite a feat! Was he the youngest racer in that class? That's even more impressive. 

I doubt buying a XX for $20k? and then adding the Speed suspension and wheels/tires would save any money over an El Diablo LE which used to sell for $30k, but it does show the platform has plenty of potential to be competitive for far less than $120k.

I wonder if his engine has been tweaked? It sure sounded healthy! Considering it was the only N/A engine in a race full of turbo vehicles...

pretty astounding!

Because before the race, they were told it was a part of the course. That's why so many racers took that wash.
I am not sure that is 100% accurate.  It appears they were specifically told it was not an acceptable line before the race and that is why a VCP was place there to keep the racers from taking the line.   

RG is a savvy racer.  I mean he is the guy that once tore off part of his roll cage padding to try to get a caution so he could get back on the lead lap.  LOL!  

Back