Speed UTV

Sure. But it’s racing. Some people just show up with stock shocks they haven’t touched or rebuilt in 4 seasons. Others (like Robby) have a team of engineers dialing it in. Some are just smashing through, others slamming on the brakes right before hitting something, and others hitting it smoothly.  

Factory efforts vs factory efforts, there isn’t much difference. 

Even in the exact same car, a good driver will still have much better results than a rookie. 

Let me get this straight.  RG entered a prototype SXS that most laughed at and bashed in an actual race dominated by Race Ready RZR and CanAMs and came in 7th?  This cant be true! All you haters said Speed SXS is a joke.  Well if RG beat down many of the competition, give credit where credit is due.  I highly doubt he was pushing his prototype car with an unproven engine/clutch 100%.  Oh and he was running his own Speed Tires also?  Props to Speed and take your time, these cars are coming sooner then people think and will change the SXS game.  Oh and Max coming in 2nd place in an XX with no turbo in an all turbo class?  Oh wait the XX is a piece of chit also. Its either RZR or CanAM world we live in for the time being.  

Let me get this straight.  RG entered a prototype SXS that most laughed at and bashed in an actual race dominated by Race Ready RZR and CanAMs and came in 7th?  This cant be true! All you haters said Speed SXS is a joke.  Well if RG beat down many of the competition, give credit where credit is due.  I highly doubt he was pushing his prototype car with an unproven engine/clutch 100%.  Oh and he was running his own Speed Tires also?  Props to Speed and take your time, these cars are coming sooner then people think and will change the SXS game.  Oh and Max coming in 2nd place in an XX with no turbo in an all turbo class?  Oh wait the XX is a piece of chit also. Its either RZR or CanAM world we live in for the time being.  
Don't forget the part about Robby stopping in the pits every lap to get the car looked over. Max was actually driving faster. I don't think Robby was trying to win, just finish. He ended up running out of gas 300 yds from the finish line. They got him some gas, but it definitely cost him a lot of time. 

There was also some talk about the fact that this event was sponsored by Polaris, so the fact that only Speed was DQ'd when half of the drivers allegedly took the same line showed the DQs were targeted at Speed drivers only.

It seems very petty and transparent, but I'm really not familiar with how these events are run.

There was also some talk about the fact that this event was sponsored by Polaris, so the fact that only Speed was DQ'd when half of the drivers allegedly took the same line showed the DQs were targeted at Speed drivers only.

It seems very petty and transparent, but I'm really not familiar with how these events are run.
Lol, this is some of the dumbest chit I've read. Polaris sponsored the event so they must also be responsible for DQ'ing a factory polaris driver (wayne matlock) for driving backwards on the course for 10 yards too when he got turned around for a minute on Friday afternoon. Thus throwing his first place finish on the afternoon out the window. Orrrr, do we think these people were DQ'd because the rule book stated they would be DQ'd if any of those actions took place...?

Please provide tracking data and vcp checkpoint logs for the "other half" of the field who didn't get DQ'd so we can see if what jimmy's brothers girlfriends lesbian aunt said on facebook is actually true or not. Because it's pretty simple. Those who broke the rules, were penalized. Those who didnt break the rules, were not. 

It's not because Robby drove a speed he got DQ'd. It's not becuase Max was so fast in his speed he was DQ'd. Y'all are wildin on these conspiracy theories :lol:

Lol, this is some of the dumbest chit I've read. Polaris sponsored the event so they must also be responsible for DQ'ing a factory polaris driver (wayne matlock) for driving backwards on the course for 10 yards too when he got turned around for a minute on Friday afternoon. Thus throwing his first place finish on the afternoon out the window. Orrrr, do we think these people were DQ'd because the rule book stated they would be DQ'd if any of those actions took place...?

Please provide tracking data and vcp checkpoint logs for the "other half" of the field who didn't get DQ'd so we can see if what jimmy's brothers girlfriends lesbian aunt said on facebook is actually true or not. Because it's pretty simple. Those who broke the rules, were penalized. Those who didnt break the rules, were not. 

It's not because Robby drove a speed he got DQ'd. It's not becuase Max was so fast in his speed he was DQ'd. Y'all are wildin on these conspiracy theories :lol:
Learn how to read.

The thing I would like to see is what all broke on the other brands that DNF. I think only 10 cars or less made into the 5th lap out of 37 that started and I say congratulations to Can am and that guy that has now came in first 4 times in a row.

My thoughts are all those cars that DNF had thousands and thousands of dollars of upgrades. I have heard over 100k can go into those stock Razors and Canams. I believe but could be wrong, RG was racing in what I thought will be a stock Diablo (- Minus) The added race requirements for safety. If this is true and he went and finished all 5 laps then what you will get (Some day) with a speed UTV does not compare to a stock other brand at present time. On top of that he will now go and see if there are any weak links and try to fix before he starts production.

FYI  I do not have a SXS or plan on getting one at the current time. Keeping my car I have. Just think he is building a stout platform. Most of you and the common person will not put your chit thru the same abuse I saw on utube yesterday.

Reactions: JBL
2nd place is the 1st loser in Desert racing. Why are we talking about any team that's not on the podium?? Since when do we give drivers credit for anything less? Lord Of Dukie; your drinking again!
Why are you?

Cool footage of the actual race and not a couple of guys talking the whole time. Great ending to the video. Next time Max!!!

Branden Sims is a winning factory Polaris driver. According to him, the most important factor he wants to see in a SxS is... wait for it...

suspension!

Skip to 49 minutes to see it.

Oh, BTW early in the interview he tells Justin Smith that Robby Gordon is his role model.

Reactions: JBL
The thing I would like to see is what all broke on the other brands that DNF. I think only 10 cars or less made into the 5th lap out of 37 that started and I say congratulations to Can am and that guy that has now came in first 4 times in a row.

My thoughts are all those cars that DNF had thousands and thousands of dollars of upgrades. I have heard over 100k can go into those stock Razors and Canams. I believe but could be wrong, RG was racing in what I thought will be a stock Diablo (- Minus) The added race requirements for safety. If this is true and he went and finished all 5 laps then what you will get (Some day) with a speed UTV does not compare to a stock other brand at present time. On top of that he will now go and see if there are any weak links and try to fix before he starts production.

FYI  I do not have a SXS or plan on getting one at the current time. Keeping my car I have. Just think he is building a stout platform. Most of you and the common person will not put your chit thru the same abuse I saw on utube yesterday.
Thats something to ponder right? 37 SXS with some over 100k in upgrades to race and only 10 or so finished.  Speed comes stock ready to torture test his brand new SXS and not only finished but as mentioned stopped often and ran out of gas.  What if he finished first then what happens?   He took 25 years of offroad racing and built what he wished Polaris and Arctic Cat to do.  Instead he saw a vision and started up his own brand.  

This car will be a game changer.  Remember when all you saw were RZR's in Glamis just a few years ago? It was sickening, then came X3 and they took over the scene.  When Speed gets it right (which will be very soon) not only will it dominate the Sand but as you can see the racing world also.  

Moderating is not new to this site. Most members moderate themselves and other members. Staff rarely gets involved.   We ask that members stay on topic and not bash other members.

Not for discussion.

Now back to our regular scheduled Speed UTV discussion.

Thats something to ponder right? 37 SXS with some over 100k in upgrades to race and only 10 or so finished.  Speed comes stock ready to torture test his brand new SXS and not only finished but as mentioned stopped often and ran out of gas.  What if he finished first then what happens?   He took 25 years of offroad racing and built what he wished Polaris and Arctic Cat to do.  Instead he saw a vision and started up his own brand.  

This car will be a game changer.  Remember when all you saw were RZR's in Glamis just a few years ago? It was sickening, then came X3 and they took over the scene.  When Speed gets it right (which will be very soon) not only will it dominate the Sand but as you can see the racing world also.  
It would really upset some people if they had raced the actual Speed race UTV and placed 1, 2 and 3. Talk about really making a statement!

:lol:

9 hours ago, CampfiresNbrews said:

Cool footage of the actual race and not a couple of guys talking the whole time. Great ending to the video. Next time Max!!!

That course coverage was awesome as compared to what they showed on the youtube live broadcast. 

Back