Speed UTV

That one is a Wildcat XX with the Speed suspension they make for it.  Looks like RJ must of bought one of the XXs RG was selling several months ago.    
That's a different XX with Speed suspension parts, # 1811, it's listed as an Arctic Cat. There's another XX in the N/A category, #1810, driven by Lucas Kassity.  

I talked to him yesterday here in Havafew.  He told me he's going to run the stock motor on premium at 225hp(?) not with the speed key tune.  He want's see how a motor, that all cars will be equipped with when delivered to customers (pending any further tweeks) performs and demonstrates reliability.

D/L

Yeah, I watched RG and son and the other dude running the 2 seater.. I'm confident I could do just as well in the 72" wide, 2 seat Turbo XP S Velocity... SXS's like sand cars, have topped out their 'performance.' .. it's pretty much 98% driver now.

Will a Speed UTV 300 HP Speed Key smoke mine...? .. sure.. in a hill shoot or drag, but then again, I could modify my motor and make 500hp right?.. put a 2.0L in there, etc.

Anyhow.. game is not 'changed.' .. it's over.. all about driver now.

$.02

abc

Quote from LOTD on May 24

As far as whether we'll see cars by Halloween, it's looking like it's going to happen. They're building 10 production vehicles now,should be done soon, then some more testing and they'll go into production.  

Just trying to get this bad boy to 200!

Yeah, I watched RG and son and the other dude running the 2 seater.. I'm confident I could do just as well in the 72" wide, 2 seat Turbo XP S Velocity... SXS's like sand cars, have topped out their 'performance.' .. it's pretty much 98% driver now.

Will a Speed UTV 300 HP Speed Key smoke mine...? .. sure.. in a hill shoot or drag, but then again, I could modify my motor and make 500hp right?.. put a 2.0L in there, etc.

Anyhow.. game is not 'changed.' .. it's over.. all about driver now.

$.02

abc
I think you're missing the most important part: the suspension. If the suspension is crap, the driver can't control the car, regardless of how good he is. He also can't get the power to the ground, no matter how much he has.

Ideally, all 3 should be balanced - suspension tune, driver skill and power. Maybe the suspension is a little bit bigger of a variable, if a guy had an amazing suspension, enough power - it might cover up some mistakes he made as a driver, or he might be able to keep up with with more talented drivers.

I do agree with you, it looks like all of the turbo SxSs have plenty of power for everything except hill shooting. 

Max is driving a Wildcat with a lot of Speed parts on it so says Robby. 
Race is running now, Max appears to have an issue, has not completed a lap get. 

That's interesting! I didn't know you could race a N/A car in the turbo class. I wonder if it's going to be competitive.

Now I've got a whole bunch of questions! Are they going to run 3 cars in that class? Is Max going to drive the N/A car and will someone else drive T877? Or are they just going to run T977 and Max will drive his N/A car? That sucks about the steering joint, but that's how it goes, you never know what will break!

I think you're missing the most important part: the suspension. If the suspension is crap, the driver can't control the car, regardless of how good he is. He also can't get the power to the ground, no matter how much he has.

Ideally, all 3 should be balanced - suspension tune, driver skill and power. Maybe the suspension is a little bit bigger of a variable, if a guy had an amazing suspension, enough power - it might cover up some mistakes he made as a driver, or he might be able to keep up with with more talented drivers.

I do agree with you, it looks like all of the turbo SxSs have plenty of power for everything except hill shooting. 
I had Shock Therapy do the 'most' they could $pend wise to my Turbo S and it was a marked improvement. One other thing I noticed as they ran the track is the geometry seems very similar to the 2 seat Turbo S. Definitely, not like the CanAm IMO.

As mentioned though, it's nice to be able to buy a car that is already 'complete' then having to do what I did.. buy it and put $16k into the car to get it 'right.'

I think both the Turbo S and 2 seat Speed are tall and drivers will need to be cognizant of the body roll.

abc

MAX 2nd  started in last

RG 6th

A canam took 1st same guy that won last 4 years??? i think

something like 20 razors / 15 canams /2 speeds 1 was an Artic Cat with speed stuff 37 in final turbo race and Max didnt even have a turbo. They must feel good.

Edit 1 hour later looks like penaltys were give to max not sure on details. That moves RG up to 5th

Last edited by a moderator:
Back