Speed UTV

C'mon man !  Its people like that that make this site entertaining.  You remember 650 HP ?  Seriously, don't let him live rent free in your head.  We will all be ok.  
couldn't agree more. 

Clutching was acting up during qualifying. Let's see how it holds up during the race. Lots of work to do before the race. She's a big girl that's not into sprinting.

Once production starts, there is a process to get EPA certified. Don’t hold your breath for this year, not going to happen. 
Robby is trying, credit to him, but it’s a process. 

Clutching was acting up during qualifying. Let's see how it holds up during the race. Lots of work to do before the race. She's a big girl that's not into sprinting.
Was that on Max’s car or do they actually have a race Speed UTV racing? 

They're racing 3 cars. Max is driving the N/A XX #1977. He's also driving a Speed UTV in Desert Pro Turbo T877, and Robby is driving T977.

Max is racing the xx in the NA class with speed shocks tires and other items. 

Robby will be racing the speed el Diablo test mule that he stated has thousands of miles on it. 

They're racing 3 cars. Max is driving the N/A XX #1977. He's also driving a Speed UTV in Desert Pro Turbo T877, and Robby is driving T977.
I saw the test  mule Robby is racing on Instagram.  Does not look like they completed the race specific cars.  

Max is racing the xx in the NA class with speed shocks tires and other items. 

Robby will be racing the speed el Diablo test mule that he stated has thousands of miles on it. 

Wonder why they did not get the race specific cars done.  Maybe they will get them done for the Mint 400 in December 

Today RG said production will start Dec/Jan.
Where did you hear that from @Punchdrunk Monkey?

Thinking we won’t see these cars till May or June now. With all that’s going on in the world with shortages, back ups at the ports, shortages of trucks and having to make new tooling for the doors etc. I just don’t see us seeing cars this year or early next year. Hopefully I’m wrong and he’ll be able to at least produce the first 1500 cars in time for the season but not holding my breath. 

I saw the test  mule Robby is racing on Instagram.  Does not look like they completed the race specific cars.  
I saw that prototype car as well. I'm assuming Max is driving a freshly built race car, since he's driving T877 and Robby's prototype is T977. They didn't build 2 prototype El Diablos and they never built a pre-production one, so if each of them has a turbo car, one of them has to be one of the race cars they were working on. My guess would be they knew they couldn't finish 2 in time, so they concentrated on one and just grabbed the grey prototype for Robby. I wonder if they welded up the doors? Do they have to do all of that in that race series?

I saw that prototype car as well. I'm assuming Max is driving a freshly built race car, since he's driving T877 and Robby's prototype is T977. They didn't build 2 prototype El Diablos and they never built a pre-production one, so if each of them has a turbo car, one of them has to be one of the race cars they were working on. My guess would be they knew they couldn't finish 2 in time, so they concentrated on one and just grabbed the grey prototype for Robby. I wonder if they welded up the doors? Do they have to do all of that in that race series?
Where are the pictures of T877?   I have only seen the two cars.  

Easy to weld some doors shut or drill holes so you can pin it shut.  The promotors of the race may let a few things slide because he is Robby Gordon.  The race is not affiliated with BITD or SCORE.   The same people that put on the Mint 400 do this race. 

If he was racing in a Sportman class they can have working doors.  

He said it in the show last night. He said it more casually, not as a statement. Maybe a Freudian slip?
Production starting in December might mean cars by January or February.  I think RG is being optimistic.   Not to mention he is presuming there will be no hiccups with the CARB certification or Federal testing. 

Why? Is that a requirement to comment in this thread?

Asking for a friend.

and no, I don't have a deposit down.
Obviously you haven't read the threads . if you had you would know pretty much any idiot can say anything they want. It's not about info it's just about bs

Reactions: JBL
Why? Is that a requirement to comment in this thread?

Asking for a friend.

and no, I don't have a deposit down.
Of course it's not a requirement.

I was just verifying why he was crapping up this thread rather than contributing useful info.

So what brings you here? 

Where are the pictures of T877?   I have only seen the two cars.  

Easy to weld some doors shut or drill holes so you can pin it shut.  The promotors of the race may let a few things slide because he is Robby Gordon.  The race is not affiliated with BITD or SCORE.   The same people that put on the Mint 400 do this race. 

If he was racing in a Sportman class they can have working doors.  
I don't know, I'm not the photographer.

They've registered 2 cars in the same class. Think about it. How would 2 people race 1 car in the same class with 2 different numbers?

Back