Speed UTV

I really like the thought of a turbo YXZ but it needs to have complete aftermarket suspension. The stock suspension is horrible.
My son mobbed a brand new stock YXZ for a few trips mast season and loved it. Kept up with us pretty well on some hard runs. I don't have all the details on this particular YXZ other then fully built turbo with a warranty. Tthe original owner/builder is a good friend and client so I'm looking for to seeing it in person to find what it's all about. 

My son mobbed a brand new stock YXZ for a few trips mast season and loved it. Kept up with us pretty well on some hard runs. I don't have all the details on this particular YXZ other then fully built turbo with a warranty. Tthe original owner/builder is a good friend and client so I'm looking for to seeing it in person to find what it's all about. 
Paddle shifting, rev limiter banging, all while drifting bowls! That’s a recipe for a hell of a time! 

IDK, I think I'll be okay hitting bowls with my 440cui 4.0L Whipple Supercharged LS7 Funco G52, or my XP Turbo.  I might start a Go Fund Me anyway, because life is pretty hard as a Speed deposit holder...

-TJ
I'll chase you around in my Alumicraft, the sxs comes out of the trailer at the dunes maybe once a season. Glad my life doesn't revolve around my speed car showing up, when it gets here I'll enjoy it but not going to loose any sleep waiting for it.

IDK, I think I'll be okay hitting bowls with my 440cui 4.0L Whipple Supercharged LS7 Funco G52, or my XP Turbo.  I might start a Go Fund Me anyway, because life is pretty hard as a Speed deposit holder...

-TJ
Look at you go! 

I'll chase you around in my Alumicraft, the sxs comes out of the trailer at the dunes maybe once a season. Glad my life doesn't revolve around my speed car showing up, when it gets here I'll enjoy it but not going to loose any sleep waiting for it.
this^ dumbass Buff at one end of the argument thinks peeps dumped their 401k to put a deposit down and lord of the dunes thinks Robby is the most handsomest of manly men to grace instagram. Its like myspace or hondaforums

this^ dumbass Buff at one end of the argument thinks peeps dumped their 401k to put a deposit down and lord of the dunes thinks Robby is the most handsomest of manly men to grace instagram. Its like myspace or hondaforums
Here you are being part of the peanut gallery. Go back to your tree Mr Owl!

Text me tomorrow. Balin has been working his ass off and has cah in hand. Looking at a turbo YXZ but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Don't waste money on a YXZ.  They ride like crap in the whoops and in the dunes they will beat you up.   We have a friend that bought one after we told him not to get it.  One season in the dunes and he quickly realized he made the wrong choice.  

-TJ
Let's be realistic, you are fortunate to have other rides for the dunes and desert. As are some other deposit holders, but I have to imagine that if there are no deliver dates mentioned by the end of this year/beginning of next year the patience of deposit holders is going to start to wear.

There are deposit holders that do not have other rides and now are looking like they are about to miss another desert season.  I think these are the people that will start selling off their deposits.  Especially if Polaris, Can Am or another manufacture drops a new ride they can get at the dealer.

So I missed the show last week.  I did see something about the motors being on the show.  What are they tweaking on the motors?  Was there talk of how they are doing with the CARB certification?

Let's be realistic, you are fortunate to have other rides for the dunes and desert. As are some other deposit holders, but I have to imagine that if there are no deliver dates mentioned by the end of this year/beginning of next year the patience of deposit holders is going to start to wear.

There are deposit holders that do not have other rides and now are looking like they are about to miss another desert season.  I think these are the people that will start selling off their deposits.  Especially if Polaris, Can Am or another manufacture drops a new ride they can get at the dealer.
I doubt theres very many first time offroaders buying in on a project from a NASCAR driver asking for upfront money. Id assume most already have/had toys. I sold my Z1 RZR (my 7th UTV) in November in anticipation of the Speed. It was ideal since the desert season was starting, and I dont live where I get to do that very often. Come spring when I realized I may miss out on our fun season, I went to phoenix and got a Turbo S for about what I sold my 300+hp RZR for. Not as much car as my old one, but Im enjoying my toys. Although anyone buying a new anything right now is getting raked. I have no doubt Ill be able to sell my 4 seat 72" car with mods for at least what I paid for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, I'm very fortunate and understand that.  That said, nobody I know with a deposit sold any of their other toys yet.  The deposit was $1500-2500 - we're not talking HELOC to make that happen.  I'm sure there are a few deposit holders who had no toy, and this was going to be their first, and they're understandably frustrated.  But, I think that's a tiny % of the overall numbers.  If a person sold everything so they could get the Speed, well that was a choice they made...

Of course, my reply was intended to be snarky, because it was to buff.  I'm sure buff knows better than to imply the only bowls Speed deposit holders will be able to smoke are from RG's crack pipe, but he likes to poke the hornets nest.  So I threw a little snark back at him... 

-TJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I'm very fortunate and understand that.  That said, nobody I know with a deposit sold any of their other toys yet.  The deposit was $1500-2500 - we're not talking HELOC to make that happen.  I'm sure there are a few deposit holders who had no toy, and this was going to be their first, and they're understandably frustrated.  But, I think that's a tiny % of the overall numbers.  If a person sold everything so they could get the Speed, well that was a choice they made...

Of course, my reply was intended to be snarky, because it was to buff.  I'm sure buff knows better than to imply the only bowls Speed deposit holders will be able to smoke are from RG's crack pipe, but he likes to poke the hornets nest.  So I threw a little snark back at him... 

-TJ
I get it.   I think people have more than a $1,500 - $2,500 deposit tied up in their Speed cars when you take into account the accessories they had to pay for once ordered.   I would venture a guess most are at least $5,000 into them and some a lot more. 

It was weak. But he had connection issues in that brick building and a hostspot. I cant even text inside my local home depot. On Verizon.
Hopefully this weeks show will be better.

Did he post any videos from the recent testing in the videos? I did not see anything on the normal instagram pages. 

When does the big schlacking take place.

I have so much hope for this project.

Doudts are creeping in.

Back