Speed UTV

For whats its worth they beat speed on the delivery, But when did they debut/concept this was going to be built or created was that after speed said they were going to build a car which was like 24 months ago plus a week or two? I am just curious from concept to delivery I do not have a speed or Ford on order. 
There was talk of Ford bringing back the Bronco in 2017.  So maybe they started development in 2017 or early 2018.   

I don't know this info. We just had a fun family bet on who would get their toy first. 

Maybe I lost on a technicality. She doesn't have the hardtop yet and they don't know when it will be ready. Sooooooo she  really didn't get the car she ordered. 
No biggie I was just curious. The way things are heading in this country and around the world I would tell anyone just manage your expectations accordingly. Everything is going to take longer to get done and be more expensive.

I spoke to Karla yesterday and no, they are not going to offer the suede seats or steering wheel on anything other than the RG. They want to keep the RG exclusive. 
That and the radio was the only reason we got the RG. The wrap is pretty boring and the window nets will probably stay at home.

That and the radio was the only reason we got the RG. The wrap is pretty boring and the window nets will probably stay at home.
I like the RG graphics the best. But I can get all the accessories cheaper through our race team. So I would of been picking the RG for the graphics and suede stuff. I couldn't justify the $3000 for that. But I guess the window nets would of been good if I decide to run it in Norra. Hummmmm, now I am rethinking it 🙂

I had to go three days in a row with my morning coffee and NO entertainment from this thread. 

Checked out the Speed SxS at the Off Road Expo in Ontario today. Hope you guys get what you paid for, hope no one ends up with the one I saw today. But it had a "Pre Production" sticker on the fender so that makes it ok. 

Checked out the Speed SxS at the Off Road Expo in Ontario today. Hope you guys get what you paid for, hope no one ends up with the one I saw today. But it had a "Pre Production" sticker on the fender so that makes it ok. 
You have seen my RZRs inside and out, for better or worse... plus just about everything else in the sand industry.  Elaborate.  What didn't you like (the "weld seen around the world", panel gaps, doors hanging up on each other, bluetooth axles)? 

-TJ

You have seen my RZRs inside and out, for better or worse... plus just about everything else in the sand industry.  Elaborate.  What didn't you like (the "weld seen around the world", panel gaps, doors hanging up on each other, bluetooth axles)? 

-TJ
Bluetooth axles! Hadn’t heard that one yet.

-TJ
The cage welds had porosity and rather than grind out they powder coated it. Even Fallon was pointing them out. The tube clamps at the B pillar from top cage to mid-rail didn't line up (1/4" gap) and the bolts were short and didn't even go all the way through the nylock nuts. It looked like an aftermarket cage bolt on but it's not. This is 'factory' stuff. That's just what I noticed in a 2 minute look-over. Not 'show ready' regardless of the Pre Production stickers on it. 

Been wrenching on and maintaining your offroad toys for 7 years. What I saw today is below your standards for a brand new vehicles fit and finish. I'm not happy to report that. I have been kicking around buying someone's Speed reservation but not now. Planning on getting my kids a used SxS for this season and I'll be solo cholo in my car. 

The cage welds had porosity and rather than grind out they powder coated it. Even Fallon was pointing them out. The tube clamps at the B pillar from top cage to mid-rail didn't line up (1/4" gap) and the bolts were short and didn't even go all the way through the nylock nuts. It looked like an aftermarket cage bolt on but it's not. This is 'factory' stuff. That's just what I noticed in a 2 minute look-over. Not 'show ready' regardless of the Pre Production stickers on it. 

Been wrenching on and maintaining your offroad toys for 7 years. What I saw today is below your standards for a brand new vehicles fit and finish. I'm not happy to report that. I have been kicking around buying someone's Speed reservation but not now. Planning on getting my kids a used SxS for this season and I'll be solo cholo in my car. 
Yeah, those are the reports I heard too.  I think the real story here is that these were slapped together in the shop by a buncha monkies.  These aren't pre-production cars, they're pre-pre-pre-production.  I doubt we'll see any of those issues in production, but I also doubt we'll see any production this calendar year... or early next.  

-TJ

Got a 2018 X3 XRS with low hrs/miles. Debating on keeping it and selling my Turbo Talon. Has a salvage title thanks to my kid putting it on it's roof at Pismo when it was still new. Has 2k miles since. Just got new Carillo pistons and runs like a champ. I'm a cheap ass and ran regular 87 gas not knowing a turbo needs higher octane. lol

Got a 2018 X3 XRS with low hrs/miles. Debating on keeping it and selling my Turbo Talon. Has a salvage title thanks to my kid putting it on it's roof at Pismo when it was still new. Has 2k miles since. Just got new Carillo pistons and runs like a champ. I'm a cheap ass and ran regular 87 gas not knowing a turbo needs higher octane. lol
Text me tomorrow. Balin has been working his ass off and has cah in hand. Looking at a turbo YXZ but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Text me tomorrow. Balin has been working his ass off and has cah in hand. Looking at a turbo YXZ but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
I really like the thought of a turbo YXZ but it needs to have complete aftermarket suspension. The stock suspension is horrible.

Back