Speed UTV

Sorry: coolant temps. I take it zero issues with no windshield?
I took my windshield off on the first day. Do not like them at all in any car in the desert. 
Coolant temps saw around 202 ish when getting some for a longer run. Belt temps about the same. 
Let off for a few seconds and they would come under 200. 
Mind you, it was easily 105+ outside during the ride. 
also I didn’t climb any giant bowls at full throttle either. Lots of going up hill of course but momentum is my friend. 

I took my windshield off on the first day. Do not like them at all in any car in the desert. 
Coolant temps saw around 202 ish when getting some for a longer run. Belt temps about the same. 
Let off for a few seconds and they would come under 200. 
Mind you, it was easily 105+ outside during the ride. 
also I didn’t climb any giant bowls at full throttle either. Lots of going up hill of course but momentum is my friend. 
Yeah, not a fan of windshields either. Get dirty, rob airflow, and make it feel less involved. Only bonus is you don’t get roosted directly. :biggrin:

Brave soul being out there in those temps. 
Yeah.  Did a 116* trip a couple years ago.  Mid-day, AC from the engine AND the coach's engine at full blast, still 90*+ inside...  Went out for a ride, got a minor burn from my forearm touching the frame on my buggy...

Dunes were glass, canal was cool.  F-it.  Great times. :biggrin:

Speed owners check your clutches as I have seen pictures of cracks in the secondary posted.    Looks like they got a bad batch of clutches from their vendors. 

Speed owners check your clutches as I have seen pictures of cracks in the secondary posted.    Looks like they got a bad batch of clutches from their vendors. 
I saw a post of one that completely grenaded and took out the cover.

The fans appear to be what broke, which look a bit dainty for 8000rpm bolted directly to a 2-cylinder (vibration) next to a belt that regularly shreds.

The fans appear to be what broke, which look a bit dainty for 8000rpm bolted directly to a 2-cylinder (vibration) next to a belt that regularly shreds.
The outside sheave is what broke and took out the fan and case (you are only seeing the rear sheave remaining in the pic). I know cause I caught mine in a 'cracked' condition prior to it breaking like the one pictured (both sheaves were cracked and separating). Thin material/insufficient reinforcing and poor metal/material. It happens on the secondary where the belt sits at full throttle (CVT belt sits here most of the time by design). FYI, the new sheaves from speed have more reinforcement in that area so they knew there was an issue but kept quiet. Typical SOP from them.

IMG_2242.jpg

Bummer, I assume everyone made it out okay?

image.png

Wait, are those…

Dead nodes?!?

Unfortunate,... but remember how many RZRs burned up before all the recalls. .. my biggest fear, not being able to escape in time.

abc

Back