Speed UTV

132876_1767734276960_2749030_o.jpg

What is interesting is that post is claiming this is the 3rd Speed UTV to have a major fire.   There were some rumors of other fires, but it was never confirmed.   The only ones posted were the small fires when belt fragments hit the turbo. 

I believe this is the same guy that said they all got their Speed keys and were duning somewhere, this was a few weeks ago I believe, that's when he said his "let go" Unless this Fire happened the same weekend??

I believe this is the same guy that said they all got their Speed keys and were duning somewhere, this was a few weeks ago I believe, that's when he said his "let go" Unless this Fire happened the same weekend??
The burnt Speed was in Utah.  

That’s the first one I have seen.. 

There have been rumors of others, but no pics have ever came out.  One was in OR that I remember.  I heard that from a reliable source but they were not there, just heard it from others.  So basically I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend.  So with out pics it's just rumors.

These pics are from the recovery team, if they didn't post them we would never have heard about this one either.   We still haven't heard a peep from the owners which seems kind of weird.  We have heard from someone from there camp that it was not a roll over but not much info other than that.

There have been rumors of others, but no pics have ever came out.  One was in OR that I remember.  I heard that from a reliable source but they were not there, just heard it from others.  So basically I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend.  So with out pics it's just rumors.

These pics are from the recovery team, if they didn't post them we would never have heard about this one either.   We still haven't heard a peep from the owners which seems kind of weird.  We have heard from someone from there camp that it was not a roll over but not much info other than that.
Probably a belt that ended up in the turbo area 

I do remember the stop ride from speed was because of a fuel leak over the alternator.  But one would have to know when the other incidents happened as that recall was pretty early in the delivery process.

Unfortunate,... but remember how many RZRs burned up before all the recalls. .. my biggest fear, not being able to escape in time.

abc
If 3 fires so far, that’s a ~0.4% chance. Polaris sells 500-985k ORVs per year. I think the recall stated 1-200 fires, so worst case is 0.04% chance? 

But, this is an extreme sport. Avoid wearing polyester and check your extinguishers often. 

Last edited by a moderator:
First one that burned? Didn’t someone have one window a block from the compression release and the RG extinguisher didn’t work?

I would think sometime type of fuel or oil leak happened.

Robby says it was modified, but the guy in the camp said this one was not modified.

First one that burned? Didn’t someone have one window a block from the compression release and the RG extinguisher didn’t work?
That was the guy that was all about Speed UTV and posted his adventures on Instagram. Then he went all psycho ex-girlfriend on Speed when he blew another motor or something happen. He got a 4 seat Pro R after his melt down. LOL!

Any word on their sand show display?
They will be there in the usual spot. Im sure they will have several "SALE" Units from customers walking away or refuse to pay 10% plus to finance. My BRP finance is 1.9%

Back