Speed UTV

This coming season will be fun to see them finally tearing up the sand.

• Haha
Reactions: FOG
Yeah that will go over well in the water. How about air vents cast in the cover to mimic air wing pressure dynamics and exhaust. ?
Just saying. My x3 has a nice big air inlet up high by my head. Cool air in !. Hot air vented out. No belt issues. Guess that's why BRP spent $ on R and D. 

Looks like these guys got this done just in time for the speed key. They say it's ready for production and available soon.

View attachment 105421View attachment 105422
Huh.  Engine power discrepancy: when we saw the pictures of the Speed engine tests, it wasn't with the entire breathing system attached.

maxresdefault.jpg

I wonder how much power they're losing having to suck air through that long intake tube and swirl filter, then shoving air through 2 180* bends, and a 180*+ inside a muffler?

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh.  Engine power discrepancy: when we saw the pictures of the Speed engine tests, it wasn't with the entire breathing system attached.

I wonder how much power they're losing having to suck air through that long intake tube and swirl filter, then shoving air through 2 180* bends, and a 180*+ inside a muffler?
I remember the owner of ump telling me a 90° bend has the same amount of restriction as 4 ft of straight tube.

300hp for the summer.  The time of year when most park their cars in the garage and watch their factory warranty slowly tick away.   LOL!

How does it work with them getting a 2024 certification presumably for 2024 model year cars and them giving the keys to 2023 model year customers?
Most Speed owners aren't planning to use them for G only.  They'll get used all summer long, at least mine will. 

From all the later dynos I've seen (later tune revisions, and not making pulls below the temp thresholds) the Speed seems to make almost identical RWHP to the Pro R (also a 225 HP crank rating) with the full intake tract.

-TJ

Most Speed owners aren't planning to use them for G only.  They'll get used all summer long, at least mine will. 

From all the later dynos I've seen (later tune revisions, and not making pulls below the temp thresholds) the Speed seems to make almost identical RWHP to the Pro R (also a 225 HP crank rating) with the full intake tract.

-TJ
Someone should re-do those drag race comparisons with the current tune revision.  They should be neck and neck given similar weights. 

Someone should re-do those drag race comparisons with the current tune revision.  They should be neck and neck given similar weights. 
I think the Pro R will still pull it.  The clutching on the Speed does not appear to be optimal. 

-TJ
I assume you will be heading to the mountain areas for the summer rides.   I think there were a lot more that were planning on using them in G than you think.   I think the Bandit would be fun in the dunes. 

The Speed is heavier than a Pro R by a good margin, AFAIK.  A Diablo like mine with windshield, stereo, etc. was weighed at like 2900lbs. 

-TJ

...Around 7:15 ".. car has a new motor and new trans..."

Uh... WHAT!?

Shame SPEED isn't taking Polaris/Joyner and Canned Ham out to the woodshed..

abc
Speed is taking them to the woodshed on how to build a car that requires more maintenance and will be almost as expensive to own as desert race car. 

Still hoping to see speed iron out the kinks but god damn. If you told me that I needed  to do that much maintenance for a consumer car I would be pissed. I understand racers know that they will be tearing apart and rebuilding the front ends and pivot points every 500-1000 miles but I want a toy not a headache. 

Back