Speed UTV

Got it back 2 weeks ago from Coyne after them having it for almost 3 months. Let’s just say I’m done with Coyne and their service department. 
I got the front bulkhead fixed. Now the drivers side arm is all scratched up. 
I got a new turbo and ECU (early Dec) now the tailgate won’t close. There’s a bent mechanism that holds the drivers side shut. So I took it off. 
looks like they stripped the tool box hold down because that box flew out while out with @Punchdrunk Monkey  surprised the box held up great. 
because Coyne left it in the yard for 3 months, the wrap is bubbling. 😞 

also messed up the passenger side wrap my moving it? Forklift? Don’t know. 
tune I have is older so it’s on and off and then on and off. Full speed, then limited. This was going on at what seemed like 20 second intervals. 
sigh. 
Coyne left it out during rain etc so car is filthy. 😠 
someone local that got a Speed got in touch with me and after similar experiences directed me towards Speed Havasu, and I’m hoping to get the car to Havasu soon. 
That sounds like a nightmare, Hopefully Havasu takes better care of you and in a timely manner.   Thank you for sharing your firsthand experience.

I was there and watched the race. The speed cars looked good for the most part. The crash that max took was nasty AF. That car should of been destroyed by the rolls it took. Very happy to see him walked away and cheer his dad on. The safety aspect alone made me very happy, Max was getting it and jumping the car and working the race. We all knew who ordered car there was going to be first year car build issues. I think it is all about how Speed handles the warranties.

WRT the window nets opening, I think the pin that secures them just needs to be longer, seems like a simple fix/update:

IMG_5182.jpeg

-TJ

How’s the release mechanism work?
The whole thing is spring-loaded.  You can either pull on the "T" part, or along the entire bottom edge of the inside of the window net there's a wire that pulls the "T" back.  

Edit, I guess my pic is sort of too zoomed in to really see what I'm talking about... 

-TJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is ready for some MSPaint drafting? 

image.png

Red is obv the "T" I describe and orange is the wire you can pull (it's inside the net, not outside... and obv my line doesn't actually follow it, it actually stays neatly along the bottom bar of the window net frame). 

image.png

BTW, I guess I should just address the zip-ties before it becomes a topic, lol.  Those are there to secure the nets 100% during transit.  The nets are held on to the frame with velcro so that in an emergency if the car is mangled and the frame won't open you can still push the net out and climb out. 

-TJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember, they were on E85... so, all the time?  That said, it def seems it was a BS excuse and RG hadn't realized it was his exhaust falling off causing the issue so he pulled that one out of his bag of excuses...

-TJ
Max was running the same gas and he had no problems hauling the mail.   

Max was running the same gas and he had no problems hauling the mail.   
I didn't know you filled up their cars for them.

Anyway, go back and read my posts... heck even the one you quoted I said "that said, it def seems it was a BS excuse and RG hadn't realized it was his exhaust falling off causing the issue so he pulled that one out of his bag of excuses." 

It would appear much more likely that what happened was RG's exhaust fell off causing the o2 to read mad-lean, the ECU dumped fuel, his car ran like a turd, RG made excuses.  

-TJ

RG has stated numerous times about VP fuel being used from the 55gl drums and 5gl cans. They even did a show on how VP was making a SPEED branded E85 fuel can just for them. Can't see why the internet warriors wouldn't assume it was that fuel and not some E85 from a station...
image.png

Anyway, go back and read my posts... heck even the one you quoted I said "that said, it def seems it was a BS excuse and RG hadn't realized it was his exhaust falling off causing the issue so he pulled that one out of his bag of excuses." 

It would appear much more likely that what happened was RG's exhaust fell off causing the o2 to read mad-lean, the ECU dumped fuel, his car ran like a turd, RG made excuses.  

-TJ
I think this is spot on. 

View attachment 99734

Red is obv the "T" I describe and orange is the wire you can pull (it's inside the net, not outside... and obv my line doesn't actually follow it, it actually stays neatly along the bottom bar of the window net frame). 

View attachment 99735

BTW, I guess I should just address the zip-ties before it becomes a topic, lol.  Those are there to secure the nets 100% during transit.  The nets are held on to the frame with velcro so that in an emergency if the car is mangled and the frame won't open you can still push the net out and climb out. 

-TJ
I wonder if waving appendages are triggering the wire release mechanism…?

Double shear strain relief?
Patented. 

View attachment 99734

View attachment 99735

-TJ
Trying to see how that latch works. Is that like some sort of catch on the door frame pillar? Do you think if you cut the welds and moved the “T” pin assembly out and reweld it would work? What are your thoughts?

-TJ
 Yep I even wiped the rear windshield for them after I filled them up.  LMAO!!!!

Back