Speed UTV

To be fair I didn't actually measure stroke.  Like I said, that is not the exact part, just a representative *similar* part. 

-TJ
No measuring required. Just look at their specs. 1/2".  I would think someone with a speed with nets can chime in on the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
No measuring required. Just look at their specs. 1/2".  I would think someone with a speed with nets can chime in on the issue.
What specs?  Again, the link I provided is *not* the unit in the car.  It's just a random thing that is "basically the same" I found.  I don't think Speed has published a spec on their version.

-TJ

What specs?  Again, the link I provided is *not* the unit in the car.  It's just a random thing that is "basically the same" I found.  I don't think Speed has published a spec on their version.

-TJ
Is why I want to here from actual speed owners on this and not a maybe similar product. RG probably has a patent on whatever it is. 

No prob TJ.

Is why I want to here from actual speed owners on this and not a maybe similar product. RG probably has a patent on whatever it is. 

No prob TJ.
I'm a Speed owner... it's just sitting in my garage in Vegas and I'm in my office in Palo Alto.   :bangin:

-TJ

Well get one of your minions to measure the dam thing. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Havent had to take apart a tire/wheel yet, but it is not a valve stem cap. I definitely will read at least down to 10lbs.
I got a punture in my tire last weekend. I didn't have my dash on the screen with the air sensors so I never noticed until we stopped and saw that it was low. I scrolled to air screen and it showed 7psi. Plugged it and aired up. You can watch the screen as you are airing up and stop when you see 17 psi.

But who really cares about a window net coming open in or after a major crash in the dunes anyway. This chit ain't NASCAR.  The dude jumped out unharmed. The cage did what is was intended to do. Props to speed !. Probably a total loss as far as insurance. If it wasn't a speed rg test vehicle.

But who really cares about a window net coming open in or after a major crash in the dunes anyway. This chit ain't NASCAR.  The dude jumped out unharmed. The cage did what is was intended to do. Props to speed !. Probably a total loss as far as insurance. If it wasn't a speed rg test vehicle.
You might care if you were laying in a hospital bed with a crushed hand, wrist and/or arm that you may never be able to properly use again because a window net opened in a crash.

I disagree, I have seen other sxs videos of almost exact crash that drove away with some minor damage.  Look on dune and destroy IG page.  I would also like to know how much $$ damage that speed had.  No one will ever know 

If I paid for it, and I had to deal with opening it every time I got out, I'd rather it worked as intended rather than waste my time/money on lipstick.  I don't run window nets because, yep, not wheel to wheel racing. 

I do run wrist restraints.  They're never popped open. :biggrin:

You might care if you were laying in a hospital bed with a crushed hand, wrist and/or arm that you may never be able to properly use again because a window net opened in a crash.
I was being somewhat fecious but since you made a big stink,

How about the loss of visibility while looking through a net to see where your competitors are and if your too far off the race line ?. Maybe the crash never would have happened ?. Just thought. 

If I paid for it, and I had to deal with opening it every time I got out, I'd rather it worked as intended rather than waste my time/money on lipstick.  I don't run window nets because, yep, not wheel to wheel racing. 

I do run wrist restraints.  They're never popped open. :biggrin:
Totally agree. Just one more quality control or design issue that they have to deal with. 

If we all want to be "safe" all the time we'd be bubble boys and just stay indoors in our sanitized and filtered environments.  Everything we choose to do for our hobby is risky, period.  That said, I don't think or hobby is any more risky (if done right) than me getting on an airplane at least twice a week (or the Uber/Lyft rides to/from the airports).  

I want to take reasonable measures to make the stupid crap we do safe-ish.  I want to make improvements to obviously flawed designs in safety systems.  But none of us can fully engineer-out all risk
Well said TJ thanks

I disagree, I have seen other sxs videos of almost exact crash that drove away with some minor damage.  Look on dune and destroy IG page.  I would also like to know how much $$ damage that speed had.  No one will ever know 
Robby and Max did a walk around on the car that crashed...pointed out all the damage... I call BS... I've had a polaris land like that...it was TOAST...the whole thing bent. 

Glamis, aka,  ISDRA , aka Imperial Sand Dunes recreation area. The R stands for recreation not race. I have no problem banning all of these types of races from Glamis. Stay in your hard pack dirt and dusty crap Baja Dakar F1 sugar water races. Stay away from Glamis. Jmo !

And if you want hard core racing in Glamis, just go to the drags Friday or Saturday afternoon. The true meaning of unlimited.

Robby and Max did a walk around on the car that crashed...pointed out all the damage... I call BS... I've had a polaris land like that...it was TOAST...the whole thing bent. 
Not sure if you saw my earlier post but my buddy that rag dolled his Turbo S drove his car back to camp after we aired up his tires. Every car takes a hit a different way so to say that only a Speed car can handle a crash like that is BS.

There was a bend rear bar that the bed sits in and the bent trailing arms.   I doubt the frame bent as it is built like a desert race car.   

Back