Speed UTV

You might care if you were laying in a hospital bed with a crushed hand, wrist and/or arm that you may never be able to properly use again because a window net opened in a crash.
Dude I broke my hand riding an EV bicycle. Stuff happens. No one ever said this sport is safe and I know peeps that have died doing this sht. that we do as a recreational sport. Add some high $ sponsorship and a race..= mayhem. Do it somewhere else. Jmo.

Well, I sold my spot.  Not sure if I will someday regret it or not, but felt the downside of different scenarios coupled with the dune performance, (weight vs available power), made selling it the correct decision for me.  Guy that bought it is hard pack only and has friends with Speed cars or Speed cars on order, so it should be a good fit for him.  I did get to eat 3 small tacos and drink a beer on Robby at the sand show last year, so there is that.  Sand Shark got my other beer IIRC.

Well, I sold my spot.  Not sure if I will someday regret it or not, but felt the downside of different scenarios coupled with the dune performance, (weight vs available power), made selling it the correct decision for me.  Guy that bought it is hard pack only and has friends with Speed cars or Speed cars on order, so it should be a good fit for him.  I did get to eat 3 small tacos and drink a beer on Robby at the sand show last year, so there is that.  Sand Shark got my other beer IIRC.
Wise decision, IMHO.

All my dune group says the same thing FWIW.  I ended up buying a Mav R to go with my v-drive sand truck.  Hopefully next season is better for me than this one as I never made it out due to multiple issues.  I am going out the 11th so my season pass will not be a total waste, lol.
Please let us know how you like the Mav R....safe travels!  :cheers:

All my dune group says the same thing FWIW.  I ended up buying a Mav R to go with my v-drive sand truck.  Hopefully next season is better for me than this one as I never made it out due to multiple issues.  I am going out the 11th so my season pass will not be a total waste, lol.
I never said dont sell it!  now you left me as the black sheep of the group with a deposit on the Speed.  Thanks bud.

I forgot I had a Speed beer.  Explains why my weight to hp ratio was way off the rest of the weekend and overpromising and under delivering, per my wife.  LMAO!!! 

I never said dont sell it!  now you left me as the black sheep of the group with a deposit on the Speed.  Thanks bud.
It is like having the only turbo Wildcat in the group.  LOL!

When do you think you will get the call your Speed is built and be ready for delivery?

Only one company blows CVT exhaust onto spit hot turbos… 
Disagree.  XPTs for sure do the same.  Anyway, my plans to test this last Sat got rained out.  I "should" be taking it out this Sat though.  If anybody is around Vegas and wants to see it in action themselves, let me know.

-TJ

Last edited by a moderator:
tjZ06 FYI the guys over at ATV Cycle Sports in Vegas have been awesome to work with on my Wildcat XX. Pretty sure they are speed dealers so you should get some local support.

Disagree.  XPTs for sure do the same.  Anyway, my plans to test this last Sat got rained out.  I "should" be taking it out this Sat though.  If anybody is around Vegas and wants to see it in action themselves, let me know.

-TJ
Lol, fine. And what are RZRs known for…? :biggrin:

Ever get pics of that radiator ducting?

Lol, fine. And what are RZRs known for…? :biggrin:

Ever get pics of that radiator ducting?
I was simply disagreeing with your assertion that only one manufacturer has a setup that causes belt debris to land on the turbo... not saying that it's great (or even okay) that it does.  Honestly I expect in G I'll end up running no-cover (like all of my RZRs), and in the dirt it won't be a problem/won't break belt (like all of my RZRs).  Without the cover the debris won't get directed to the turbo.  

And no, I didn't, I suck.  I'll get some Sat. 

-TJ

I was simply disagreeing with your assertion that only one manufacturer has a setup that causes belt debris to land on the turbo... not saying that it's great (or even okay) that it does.  Honestly I expect in G I'll end up running no-cover (like all of my RZRs), and in the dirt it won't be a problem/won't break belt (like all of my RZRs).  Without the cover the debris won't get directed to the turbo.  

-TJ
Twas but a joke sir. :biggrin:

-TJ
I thought the Speed car belt cover had some kind of clutch carrier or something built into it? I didn’t think you could run without it.

I thought the Speed car belt cover had some kind of clutch carrier or something built into it? I didn’t think you could run without it.
The clutches have a support bearing on the end of the crank/trans input respectively, which are supported by the cover.  Similar to the girdles you see in the aftermarket for high-HP builds of other SxSs, but obviously the cover offers support in all directions.  That said, what you really want to support is the clutches trying to "pull together" which obviously isn't the best thing ever for the crank/input and associated bearings.  I'm sure the aftermarket will have a girdle to run when you have the cover off.  IIRC both RG and Max raced multiple events, including the sand scramble without a cover, and I don't think they even had girdles.  

-TJ

Back