Speed UTV

Yep Max ran out of talent for sure. Open desert racing is different than the dunes.
I'm curious what time of day that race was held ?. Those that know the sand and Glamis know what I mean. 

And having a sand race without sand tires is lame. 

Hopefully no one was hurt.

He called speed to see if the new motor they put in his car still had one. They told him they have no record of doing it. He could check it himself or bring it in. So he checked it himself. The decompression mechanism had been removed but it’s not even a brand new motor you can see on the cylinder head where it cracked from the decompression lever hitting the head.

732322009.jpg

Speed Key.

Robby will never release it and blame it on the EPA

Truth will be that it chits it guts out if it had to pass....

Lawsuits will happen.  You'll get your dollar back.. Smartest thing he did was put a $1 price tag on it,

I got mine today.  I'm very impressed with it in person in terms of build quality, fit/finish, and how robust everything at least appears to be.  I only drove it around the neighborhood a bit to bed the brakes in (which were pretty low-bite initially, but with proper bedding actually got really good) then got back to working on my truck.  I didn't even take all the protective plastic off yet (if you've looked at pics/vids of these in the factory/shops/warehouse/whatever and thought the wrap looked dull and swirly, the entire car has a protective film).  

IMG_5129.jpeg

IMG_5130.jpeg

IMG_5128.jpeg

IMG_5127.jpeg

IMG_5131.jpeg

IMG_5132.jpeg

IMG_5133.jpeg

IMG_5134.jpeg

IMG_5131.jpeg

IMG_5132.jpeg

IMG_5133.jpeg

IMG_5134.jpeg

IMG_5135.jpeg

IMG_5139.jpeg

IMG_5140.jpeg

IMG_5141.jpeg

IMG_5158.jpeg

-TJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone will say I’m just riding Speed pee pee, but if you watch the crash that’s a damn good outcome. These things are solid… but at this weight they’d better be. 

-TJ
Only thing that bothers me about the outcome is the window net opening. I know there was probably chassis flex or something that caused that, but it kinda defeats the purpose if it opens. Otherwise, a good outcome. I mean, he hopped right out. 

Only thing that bothers me about the outcome is the window net opening. I know there was probably chassis flex or something that caused that, but it kinda defeats the purpose if it opens. Otherwise, a good outcome. I mean, he hopped right out. 
I don’t disagree. But did Max open it to climb out? 

-TJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks wise i think the two seater looks pretty effin cool.  But from there ill bite my tongue
Why bite your tongue? What’s your first hand experience with them?

I doubt it.  The car was still rolling (flipping) when it began to open.  I think I recall the same thing happening at KOH when he rolled it and continued on.
I need to go back and watch the vid… 

-TJ

I got mine today.  I'm very impressed with it in person in terms of build quality, fit/finish, and how robust everything at least appears to be.  I only drove it around the neighborhood a bit to bed the brakes in (which were pretty low-bite initially, but with proper bedding actually got really good) then got back to working on my truck.  I didn't even take all the protective plastic off yet (if you've looked at pics/vids of these in the factory/shops/warehouse/whatever and thought the wrap looked dull and swirly, the entire car has a protective film).  

View attachment 99264

View attachment 99265

View attachment 99263

View attachment 99262

View attachment 99266

View attachment 99267

View attachment 99268

View attachment 99269

View attachment 99266

View attachment 99267

View attachment 99268

View attachment 99269

View attachment 99270

View attachment 99272

View attachment 99271

View attachment 99276

View attachment 99280

-TJ
Looks Rad Enjoy

I spent some time last night reading different IG pages trying to get info on the Sand Scramble. I ran across some people claiming videos of Speed cars that caught fire. I only found one but there are claims to a few. Anyone else seen these videos? 

I spent some time last night reading different IG pages trying to get info on the Sand Scramble. I ran across some people claiming videos of Speed cars that caught fire. I only found one but there are claims to a few. Anyone else seen these videos? 
Have a link? 

I know of one that caught fire.  I watched it.  It was one of my customers out in G.  He exploded a belt, some belt parts got wedged in the turbo area.  they were overlooked, then it caught fire in that direct area.  Small fire and was put out quickly.  Messed up some of the wire harness.  :ez:

Have a link? 
Sorry I don’t. I was on Boardmanvile IG. He reposted the Max Gordon crash from the Sand Scramble. I got caught up in reading the replies to his post. That’s where I ran across people talking about videos of Speed fires. I found one on dezertracer812’s page. They say he has a few but only saw one. It was also said there was one in Utah where people couldn’t get out fast enough and got burned pretty bad? 

I know of one that caught fire.  I watched it.  It was one of my customers out in G.  He exploded a belt, some belt parts got wedged in the turbo area.  they were overlooked, then it caught fire in that direct area.  Small fire and was put out quickly.  Messed up some of the wire harness.  :ez:
Exploded belts can’t be helped. If a fire happens from belt fragments not being removed I don’t fault the manufacture. 

Back