Speed UTV

I got mine on Saturday. I went through the whole car. I found 6 hand tight roof bolts and one breather hose not connected. I have been almost killed because of bad prep and so I go through every car we get the same way. I felt the final assembly did a great job. With the exception of what I stated above every bolt was tight and marked. As far as the car it’s self. I am super impressed. The tube chassis, the welds and the Arms are what I would expect building a high end race chassis. The shocks are monstrous. My cars fit and finish is amazing, the car is absolutely stunning. All of my adds including my boom box worked great. The car is fully wired for every option even if you don’t get it, all the way down to the custom switch. I thought that was really cool. I put 30 fast dirt miles on the car on Sunday. The car ran flawlessly and had a ton of power considering it is a tank. I have heard 2600lbs but I am not sure what it actually weighs. She is heavy though. The suspension is by far the best side by side suspension I have ever been in. The car is absolutely planted. I was able to get up to 90 fairly quickly in the dirt. The car didn’t walk at all or buck at that speed. I actually was shocked when I looked down and saw the mph. The windshield and suspension made it feel like I was just cruising. I had zero steering feedback so maybe that issue is resolved in the newer cars. The car didn’t overheat even with the windshield. I know Robbie is not stoked on the windshield because they didn’t really design the car for it. It is funny, you can feel the heat vortex or whatever they call it with the windshield. My belt got to 190 on the 30 mile run. I went back through the car when we got back and didn’t find anything. This is experience as an actual owner. 

View attachment 98951
Curious.. Were the loose bolts Paint marked?  & where did you find them.  suspension? Chassis? Engine?

Hope to pick mine up in a couple of weeks

Curious.. Were the loose bolts Paint marked?  & where did you find them.  suspension? Chassis? Engine?

Hope to pick mine up in a couple of weeks
No, the roof bolts were not painted and marked and they were the only loose bolts I found on the car. I saw another guy that makes a bunch of videos online didn’t catch it and lost his roof bolts while riding.

Wasn't the original weight estimated at around 2,300? Did Robbie ever give an estimated weight or was it a guess? I can see it being off by maybe 50 to 100 lb but aren't you talking 300-400 lb different? I have followed this through and don't ever remember anyone discussing 27 or 2,800 lb for one of these cars. If so I would have to think that some people would have paused looking at one as a dune car.

Wasn't the original weight estimated at around 2,300? Did Robbie ever give an estimated weight or was it a guess? I can see it being off by maybe 50 to 100 lb but aren't you talking 300-400 lb different? I have followed this through and don't ever remember anyone discussing 27 or 2,800 lb for one of these cars. If so I would have to think that some people would have paused looking at one as a dune car.
Website says 2482 dry weight. I am not sure if he said anything else on the videos over the last 4-5 years. That dry weight is the same across all 3 level of cars. So that means no adds whatsoever from a base model. 

Website says 2482 dry weight. I am not sure if he said anything else on the videos over the last 4-5 years. That dry weight is the same across all 3 level of cars. So that means no adds whatsoever from a base model. 
Original videos said something below 2,000 lbs. I remember @DTA and @Lord of the Dunes brow-beating everyone on power to weight…

Yep. I said their names. 

image.jpeg

I've been really waiting on that speed key news. We really can't make a final judgment until people are running around with that tune. any gossip? any updates on when that's happening? If people are happy with it now I imagine they'll be ecstatic with the key.

I did read somewhere where someone was saying that Robbie's extended warranty with the speed key didn't include axles, transmission, etc..  any truth to that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been really waiting on that speed key news. We really can't make a final judgment until people are running around with that tune. any gossip? any updates on when that's happening? If people are happy with it now I imagine they'll be ecstatic with the key.

I did read somewhere where someone was saying that Robbie's extended warranty with the speed key didn't include axles, transmission, etc..  any truth to that?
People will only really notice the difference in the sand with the Speed key. The power loss through wheel spin in the hard pack will make the key pretty minimal. What I’ve been wondering is the new tunes they have been putting in the cars. Is the new tune CARB legal? The original tune is but the tune was crap. Just wondering what the deal is with the new retune. 

People will only really notice the difference in the sand with the Speed key. The power loss through wheel spin in the hard pack will make the key pretty minimal. What I’ve been wondering is the new tunes they have been putting in the cars. Is the new tune CARB legal? The original tune is but the tune was crap. Just wondering what the deal is with the new retune. 
When I picked up my car the rep told me that they had to go back to the EPA for the speed key because the tune now requires top end lube and the original approval did not include top end lube. They said the new tune and fuel passed and they are waiting on the cert to come in. I would assume that goes for carb too. 

People will only really notice the difference in the sand with the Speed key.
Agreed, and that's all I'm interested in. We've seen it in the hard pack, it does just fine. I want to see one absolutely terrorizing the dunes.. with the total car weight that may not ever be a reality though.

Agreed, and that's all I'm interested in. We've seen it in the hard pack, it does just fine. I want to see one absolutely terrorizing the dunes.. with the total car weight that may not ever be a reality though.
There are videos of the bandit running up and down olds with the Speed key I believe. It looks to be moving decently. As for the 4 seat car, we shall see.

Looking good. I read that they have the speed key tune on that and they lightened the car by taking things off including the bed. Apparently, Max didn't make it though he crashed in a witch's eye.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02SzkTK4fVpJzqpD1NPtmPRVvtD9g3u7voXbgLxMbzZY2evLffQbiob7XmAEBq8bjsl&id=100000142416431&mibextid=SphRi8
All I see is that thing ripping and leading the pack!! Am I dreaming??? Looked awesome!! Is that Speed Key Activated here??

All I see is that thing ripping and leading the pack!! Am I dreaming??? Looked awesome!! Is that Speed Key Activated here??
I'm almost positive I read or saw a video that Robbie had the speed key tune activated in it.

I'm almost positive I read or saw a video that Robbie had the speed key tune activated in it.
Oh bro, it clearly looks like it! Beasting like never before! Too much for Max or Robbie?? Wow! Didn't expect to see them in the scramble. Cool stuff!!

Ah, yeah.  I assume a similarly loaded 4-seater will be in the damned near 3k range.

And yeah, no one weighs their chit correctly.  S4, LS with accessories, exhaust, 934 axles and radiator is somewhere really close to 1000lbs ish.  4 suspension seats about around 100lbs.  Rollers are somewhere around 300lbs.  Suspension and steering parts, 300lbs.  Shocks are 200lbs with springs and bypasses.  So ~2,000lbs in necessary parts before you even build the chassis out, fill the cooler with beer, tank with fuel, lights, comms, etc.  

So yeah, I think a lot of folks will get heartbroken when they see their chit on a scale.  
I had AG weigh my DD. It was empty of tools and stuff but was 2650#. My 2 seat Canham is probably at least 1800 with all the little bolt ons. That being said, we're talking manufacturers estimated dry weight no add ons and mine is estimated at 1680# by BRP. Is one big reason I went with a 23 x3. For sand only.

Back