Speed UTV

When does the 225hp model come out?

Or the one with a 8 point roll cage?

Or the one with 3.25" shocks?

Or the one with Overdrive?

Or the one with a bigger bed?

Or the one with less rear trackwidth change?

Or the one with double shear?
Not to sound like Sand Shark, but...

2032?

:lmao:

Add in sales tax and if you buy it from a dealer their markup (ADM) and the top Speed 4 seater will be in that $50K range.  Really no different than someone getting a done up Polaris or X3 from a dealer and  paying even more than that. 

If the supply cost continue to increase they will have to raise the pricing to keep whatever built in profit margin they have calculated. 
Those were MSRP. I appreciate that you know these will be in such high demand that the dealers will try to take advantage of the situation, but just like with CanAms, some dealers are marking them up, some are not. I seem to recall you managed to avoid all of the overcharging dealers and bought one at or below MSRP, right?

I hope there will be Speed dealers who will stick to MSRP. We'll see what happens. In the meantime, it's not too late for you to get one direct from Speed for a great price!

I agree with everything you said.

I really don't know what customer service will be like. I have had bad customer service from every auto mfr I've ever dealt with except for Toyota, but that's because I've never had a repair issue with a Toyota. I could only hope that the Speed would be that reliable.

I've had Chevy dealers tell me the fuel filter mount is not part of the fuel system for warranty purposes. I've had Ford dealers just flat out state it was their choice and they were NOT going to fix it. Every off road vendor I've ever dealt with has said, "Wow! I've never seen that happen before! You're the first one with that issue!" not realizing that I've seen all of their customers complaining about the same issue on the web!

I'm hopeful the service will be great, since they're already designing a 3D parts assembly video. Also, the 3 times I've called the folks at Speed, they did what I asked with no hesitation. Even if I get subpar service at a dealer, I hope they'll fix it if I call Speed about it directly.
Customer service will all be based on the dealers you may have to take your ride to for any issues.   I expect most warranty issues will be like most of the other manufactures.  Some things fixed no questions asked and other stuff they will fight you kicking and screaming.  

I have a friend that loves Toyota and any other brand is POS.  Yet he is currently forced to get a motorhome with a Ford motor.  He hates Ford.  LOL!

Those were MSRP. I appreciate that you know these will be in such high demand that the dealers will try to take advantage of the situation, but just like with CanAms, some dealers are marking them up, some are not. I seem to recall you managed to avoid all of the overcharging dealers and bought one at or below MSRP, right?

I hope there will be Speed dealers who will stick to MSRP. We'll see what happens. In the meantime, it's not too late for you to get one direct from Speed for a great price!
I got lucky by knowing someone that worked at the dealer.  I have this feeling the dealers are going to try to take advantage and try to do mark ups.  Especially in the beginning when they have one available and you get people that do not want to wait. 

The dealers have every right to make profit. Just like any other business. 
Sure they do. The profit is built into the MSRP. You know more than anyone else how much people get discounted off of MSRP when it comes to RVs, except during C19 when all of the newbies suddenly went full retard.    :lol:

At any rate, some people will pay extra, others will find a deal somewhere.

I got my El Diablo LE for $30k.    :smile:  

Sure they do. The profit is built into the MSRP. You know more than anyone else how much people get discounted off of MSRP when it comes to RVs, except during C19 when all of the newbies suddenly went full retard.    :lol:

I agree.

I just want to state that since the pandemic started I personally have not seen (1) RV sold OVER MSRP. Heck I haven't been involved with any deals at MSRP. Has our profit gone up? Absolutely! But not up that much. I believe the real BAD people is the Auto industry right now. How's $5000 OVER MSRP sound for a new Toyota Camry? Joke , right. Just my personal opinion is anyone that puts an addendum on top of a MSRP price is WRONG. 

Happy Shopping!!

I agree.

I just want to state that since the pandemic started I personally have not seen (1) RV sold OVER MSRP. Heck I haven't been involved with any deals at MSRP. Has our profit gone up? Absolutely! But not up that much. I believe the real BAD people is the Auto industry right now. How's $5000 OVER MSRP sound for a new Toyota Camry? Joke , right. Just my personal opinion is anyone that puts an addendum on top of a MSRP price is WRONG. 

Happy Shopping!!
I've heard stories about that much mark up on a Camry. Last Nov. I bought a new Camry hybrid for $3500 off MSRP through the Costco buying program ($26,500 down to $23,000.) No haggling, that was the price. Then they wanted me to buy the extended warranty, no thanks! Then they wanted $595 for the alarm system, I said, "no thanks!"

When I came back to get the final car wash and sign papers, the finance guy admitted that the alarm was already installed and if I didn't buy it, they'd be forced to remove it. I said, "No thanks!" So he said, "OK, $95 and we'll leave it on." I figured that wasn't too far off what a car audio shop would charge, so I settled for that, $95 isn't too bad.

I agree.

Happy Shopping!!
That's capitalism?

I've heard stories about that much mark up on a Camry. Last Nov. I bought a new Camry hybrid for $3500 off MSRP through the Costco buying program ($26,500 down to $23,000.) No haggling, that was the price. Then they wanted me to buy the extended warranty, no thanks! Then they wanted $595 for the alarm system, I said, "no thanks!"

When I came back to get the final car wash and sign papers, the finance guy admitted that the alarm was already installed and if I didn't buy it, they'd be forced to remove it. I said, "No thanks!" So he said, "OK, $95 and we'll leave it on." I figured that wasn't too far off what a car audio shop would charge, so I settled for that, $95 isn't too bad.
I also purchased a 2020 Camry Last December. Bought it online, $4200 = off MSRP and 0.0% x 60 months from TMC. 

Last edited by a moderator:

You haven’t got anything yet 😃

This says it all! You drive a Camry. When you lose your Speed $$ your bound for a CAM AM!! LOL

There are way too many posts to quote in here so I will try to keep it short and sweet. Lord and Michael, the best way I can sum it up is you guys aren’t looking at the big picture. The Speed UTV will be bad azz when finally completed, there is no doubt about that. The car will cater to open desert. Flip the hell key, and it should be fun in the dunes. Now how about the rest of the world that purchases SXS’s? A 77” wheelbase is not optimal for trail riding as most trails aren’t that big. This is where Polaris, as much as you don’t like it, rules the scene. Rock crawling in the Speed has yet to be seen as most videos of the cars are all open desert high speed driving. That’s because this is what this car is really geared towards. As much as we all would like to see Polaris and Can Am standardize their cars with everything RG is doing, I don’t see it happening. They have products that people are buying up like hot cakes as is so why reinvent the wheel? Time will tell how the Speed turns out. As for pricing, the Speed prices will definitely go up once they hit the ground running. The MSRP on them right now will go up no doubt. I’m not saying it shouldn’t, to me that makes good business sense. To think the prices won’t go up because RG loves everyone and wants to homie hook everyone up, that’s crazy talk.

There are way too many posts to quote in here so I will try to keep it short and sweet. Lord and Michael, the best way I can sum it up is you guys aren’t looking at the big picture. The Speed UTV will be bad azz when finally completed, there is no doubt about that. The car will cater to open desert. Flip the hell key, and it should be fun in the dunes. Now how about the rest of the world that purchases SXS’s? A 77” wheelbase is not optimal for trail riding as most trails aren’t that big. This is where Polaris, as much as you don’t like it, rules the scene. Rock crawling in the Speed has yet to be seen as most videos of the cars are all open desert high speed driving. That’s because this is what this car is really geared towards. As much as we all would like to see Polaris and Can Am standardize their cars with everything RG is doing, I don’t see it happening. They have products that people are buying up like hot cakes as is so why reinvent the wheel? Time will tell how the Speed turns out. As for pricing, the Speed prices will definitely go up once they hit the ground running. The MSRP on them right now will go up no doubt. I’m not saying it shouldn’t, to me that makes good business sense. To think the prices won’t go up because RG loves everyone and wants to homie hook everyone up, that’s crazy talk.
Good job arguing against stuff that nobody said.

That’s the thing LOTD, nobody here is arguing except for you. We point something out and you argue back. We answer your questions, and you argue back. You’ve been labeled a FAN BOY a ton of times since this whole thread has started and these are the reasons why. We point out flaws on the Speed and instead of agreeing, you go directly to Polaris or Can Am and bash them for their issues. Robby himself has proclaimed over and over this car will be the baddest SXS ever with superior everything. Now we all AGREE when it’s finally completed no doubt it will be the best. We then point out some flaws and bad judgement calls and all you can do is point fingers at the other manufactures. You then compare him to Trump and Musk! We all know the things you’ve said defending Speed so there is no need for me to constantly pull up your quotes to remind you. Those of us that know, know, the rest can stay under the rock.

I got to use my Speed tools this weekend.  Love that tool kit. 

I think he should throw in a Speed Tool kit to the first 250 deposit holders as a token of appreciation.  

Back