Speed UTV

Here is some pertinent information for this thread.

Just went through the production trans and front diff today with RG watching. Will have very few issues with these parts. A few minor tweaks on some small parts which will be addressed for main production runs, but I am thoroughly impressed by the gear quality and assembly.
Awesome news, thanks!

-TJ

Here is some pertinent information for this thread.

Just went through the production trans and front diff today with RG watching. Will have very few issues with these parts. A few minor tweaks on some small parts which will be addressed for main production runs, but I am thoroughly impressed by the gear quality and assembly.
If someone wrecked the front end and needed to replace one of the 3 pieces of the differential case, is it possible for the owner to replace the piece, or does the differential need to be setup again with shims, feeler gauges, etc. by a trans shop?

No workey
Unfortunately, it's only visible to members of the Speed UTV FB page.

It's a video of the 3D graphics they're using for the parts catalog. Instead of using 2D drawings of exploded parts diagrams, they're using animated 3D graphics showing the entire system that you can rotate, pan, zoom, etc to see how all of the parts fit together from any angle. Very slick and it will make it useful for people/mechanics to see how the parts fit together and how to assemble them.

If someone wrecked the front end and needed to replace one of the 3 pieces of the differential case, is it possible for the owner to replace the piece, or does the differential need to be setup again with shims, feeler gauges, etc. by a trans shop?
If any of the housings need to be replaced, then you will need to expect a full reset on the internal parts. There will always be some minor variation in cast housings and machining that will differ from batch to batch.

Unfortunately, it's only visible to members of the Speed UTV FB page.

It's a video of the 3D graphics they're using for the parts catalog. Instead of using 2D drawings of exploded parts diagrams, they're using animated 3D graphics showing the entire system that you can rotate, pan, zoom, etc to see how all of the parts fit together from any angle. Very slick and it will make it useful for people/mechanics to see how the parts fit together and how to assemble them.
Did it give the name of the supplier?

Did it give the name of the supplier?
I'm not sure I understand the question. The supplier of what? The video?

The video is from Speed UTV, posted by Todd Romano. Let me try to post the link.

No, it won't let me link it. I took a video of it using my phone, I'll see if I can upload it.

Posted in a different forum:

32,999 for the XP 4 Ultimate (64", 181hp, 2066 dry wt, 13 gal, 30" tires, 2.5 shocks, NEEDS aftermarket cage)

31,999 for the Turbo S 4 (72", 168hp, 1987 dry wt, 9.5 gal, 32" tires, 2.5 front/3.0 rear shocks, NEEDS aftermarket cage)

32,000 for Speed UTV El Jefe Base (77", 225hp, ~2100 dry wt, ~15 gal, 32" tires, 3.25" shocks, NO need for new cage)

You decide...

Last edited by a moderator:

32,999 for the XP 4 Ultimate (64", 181hp, 2066 dry wt, 13 gal, 30" tires, 2.5 shocks, NEEDS aftermarket cage)

31,999 for the Turbo S 4 (72", 168hp, 1987 dry wt, 9.5 gal, 32" tires, 2.5 front/3.0 rear shocks, NEEDS aftermarket cage)

32,000 for Speed UTV El Jefe Base (77", 225hp, ~2100 dry wt, ~15 gal, 32" tires, 3.25" shocks, NO need for new cage)

You decide...
I don't think the Pro XP needs a cage.  Plus it comes with 

• DYNAMIX Active Suspension 2.0
  • RIDE COMMAND Technology integrated into a 7" Display
  • Rockford Fosgate Stage 2 Audio

When the 72" version is release someday soon I am sure it will have 32" tires and the same size shocks that are used on the Turbo S.

The ultimate gives you decent value for the money and more gadgets than the Speed.   The real value is in the Sport trim Pro XP as it is $25K. Just missing the fancy electronics.   

PRO XP (fugly as heck) is the only one they're gonna have. Polaris is killing all the 72" wide Turbo S models .. dumb move in my part. FYI, I spent about $16k 'outfitting' my Turbo S after paying whatever it was plus the $2500 5 year extended warranty. .. so yeah.. the Speed will be cheaper most likely.

I really like the Turbo S Velocity. I'll probably be selling my '14 1110cc for another Turbo S 2 seater before they're all gone. They seem really hard to find.

OK, back to the Speed show.. most active thread on GD!

abc

I'm not sure I understand the question. The supplier of what? The video?

The video is from Speed UTV, posted by Todd Romano. Let me try to post the link.

No, it won't let me link it. I took a video of it using my phone, I'll see if I can upload it.
The parts lookup supplier. Just curious.

You decide...
Really don’t have that choice yet, except handing over money and waiting, and we will see what they cost when they hit the dealers. 

The booger-weld butthurt was pretty strong in last night's episode.

BUT, on a much more serious note, I am sorry to hear that one of the engineers involved with the engine program, Don Ford, passed away due to C19. RIP Don.

PRO XP (fugly as heck) is the only one they're gonna have. Polaris is killing all the 72" wide Turbo S models .. dumb move in my part. FYI, I spent about $16k 'outfitting' my Turbo S after paying whatever it was plus the $2500 5 year extended warranty. .. so yeah.. the Speed will be cheaper most likely.

I really like the Turbo S Velocity. I'll probably be selling my '14 1110cc for another Turbo S 2 seater before they're all gone. They seem really hard to find.

OK, back to the Speed show.. most active thread on GD!

abc
The Turbo S was a reaction to the X3 and a very good SXS.  They will have a 72" wide model of the Pro at some point.

The booger-weld butthurt was pretty strong in last night's episode.

BUT, on a much more serious note, I am sorry to hear that one of the engineers involved with the engine program, Don Ford, passed away due to C19. RIP Don.
Show was decent yesterday.  Showed some other cool features. These are going to be good desert cars and for Baja.  

He was for sure a little upset over the weld comments, but kept it cool.  Still trying to play it off like that bolt felt into the fixture.   He really should not worry as we all know the final product will be a lot better.  

Still sounds like they got a lot of stuff to do before these get the green light to ramp up actual production. 

Back