Speed UTV

Here's a pic of a different set of welds on one of the Speed UTV cars. Notice it's on a lower a-arm, kind of an important part on a UTV, as opposed to the non structural weld featuring a bolt, which I believe was a heat shield added after the prototypes were built.

If there's anything comparable on an X3, please feel free to share a pic.
I have a feeling those arms were not done by the robot.  Those might have been welded up in house.   Seems they are working on the robot welding for the frames at this point.  I could be wrong.  

I have a feeling those arms were not done by the robot.  Those might have been welded up in house.   Seems they are working on the robot welding for the frames at this point.  I could be wrong.  
Conner stated they were robot welded. I quoted him in the same post as this pic.

Don't you have a 2 seater Aceco to go look at?

If someone else buys it while you're pulling your pud online, guess who's to blame...

no, not Robby!

:lol:
Okay " Lord of Dunes" ... Who are you? I don't remember this board name. You say you supported me, which I appreciate. I'm just curious the person behind all this spectacular info you provide?  :hi:
Shawn

Okay " Lord of Dunes" ... Who are you? I don't remember this board name. You say you supported me, which I appreciate. I'm just curious the person behind all this spectacular info you provide?  :hi:
Shawn
Can we take Wild guesses at the former screen name?  Kinda like a Cat wildly swinging at a dog. 

200.gif

Its the roads. All of the ones that we have in our group have had issues. One had a recall last year on it electronic shocks before he even got out on its first trip.
That’s tragic, a recall. We have a big group as well and only minor issues on a couple, gonna have problems with as many are sold. Sounds like you guys don’t really want a UTV you want that Mini Trophy truck that RG is building, which is great, but don’t bust all our balls for having a great time driving a Can Am or Polaris while we wait to see how the Speed car turns out, who knows we all might have one someday. 

If anyone in here is upset enough (and actually has a pre ordered spot) I’ll take your RG edition el Diablo spot. 

not looking for bandit or jefe. 

lmk :cheers:  

If anyone in here is upset enough (and actually has a pre ordered spot) I’ll take your RG edition el Diablo spot. 

not looking for bandit or jefe. 

lmk :cheers:  
I’m sure since they haven’t been built yet and if someone really wanted out, they could change their order from either the El Jefe or Bandit to an El Diablo and make it happen.  I was able to change from the Diablo to the Jefe couple months back. There were some selling their spots over on Race Dezert recently but they were the 4 seaters. Maybe see if they’d be willing to do something like that? 

Here is some pertinent information for this thread.

Just went through the production trans and front diff today with RG watching. Will have very few issues with these parts. A few minor tweaks on some small parts which will be addressed for main production runs, but I am thoroughly impressed by the gear quality and assembly.

Here is some pertinent information for this thread.

Just went through the production trans and front diff today with RG watching. Will have very few issues with these parts. A few minor tweaks on some small parts which will be addressed for main production runs, but I am thoroughly impressed by the gear quality and assembly.
That’s cool to hear. 

Very encouraging to hear that. Thanks @Sean@Weddle for the update. 

Now lets see how the production motors hold up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back