Speed UTV

I believe RG was in the Pro Stock class for the desert race.  Rock race is likely the same.   

If he can finish the rock race it will be a huge victory.   

Maybe it’s a thing or maybe it’s not. That’s why I asked about the status. 
RG said in a Speed video that he was going to build one. Don’t know if he was joking or not. That’s why I was asking about the status. 
It was a joke.  Look at the layout, just like the LS powered RZRs it'd basically mean losing the rear seats, 4wd etc. and basically just making an ugly sand rail with a crappy chassis. ;)  Well, at least the Speed chassis isn't as crappy as a RZR so I'd rather have an LS in the Speed.  But seriously, you basically get the worst of both worlds: you lose what makes SxSs good (anybody can drive them, 4wd) and add what makes sand rails bad (expensive, fragile transaxles). 

-TJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty amazing how that Mav R flew thru that section.
Robby would do that when he was 16-17 in his car... great photos....but always broke 2 miles later. That stuff looks good but there is no way that car can take that the whole race. 

Robby would do that when he was 16-17 in his car... great photos....but always broke 2 miles later. That stuff looks good but there is no way that car can take that the whole race. 
It was qualifying, which is almost more important than race pace since the rock sections turn into traffic jams quickly.

I doubt he'll be that reckless in the race.  Even if the car lasts, the tires won't.

Just an FYI, all of the Speeds will be taking a rear start, regardless of their qualifying. Not sure if they will change that decision at the last minute or not.

Pretty amazing how that Mav R flew thru that section.
With the dead tubes and lack of proper suspension geometry I kept waiting for the car to snap in half. 

son of a biatch just kept going!

but seriously, that driver has a set of brass balls on him for sure. Even in slow motion that had me puckering. 

Just an FYI, all of the Speeds will be taking a rear start, regardless of their qualifying. Not sure if they will change that decision at the last minute or not.
What is the reasoning to something like that in a race? Advantage, strategy  :dunno:

Why would they want to do that?  The trail tampons will be in full effect by then.  

With the dead tubes and lack of proper suspension geometry I kept waiting for the car to snap in half. 

son of a biatch just kept going!

but seriously, that driver has a set of brass balls on him for sure. Even in slow motion that had me puckering. 
LOL.  Too bad a certain someone isn't here to post crash pics to show how weak it is. :biggrin:

RG was just not on pace, MG had a flat tire
Gomez Bros will all race together rear start

Mostly this is to gain advantage of course knowledge for the big dog "Race of Kings - 4400 class"
Go fast full race pace and make notes that pre-running at a slower pace did not provide. How far can you off-course and still be on-course and hit VCPs.

RG was just not on pace, MG had a flat tire
Gomez Bros will all race together rear start

Mostly this is to gain advantage of course knowledge for the big dog "Race of Kings - 4400 class"
Go fast full race pace and make notes that pre-running at a slower pace did not provide. How far can you off-course and still be on-course and hit VCPs.
Max also rolled his car over.

Back