Speed UTV

Max Gordon finish the Desert race at KOH........Robby is on his way in as well.. Amazing for a  ponzi scheme..........
Been watching as well.  What I found interesting is the speed has no rear bumper. Watched a few bumps from other cars to move over. Not against a speed car but made me think Speed should have a push bumper on these for races.

Max Gordon finish the Desert race at KOH........Robby is on his way in as well.. Amazing for a  ponzi scheme..........
Ponzi schemes can work out well if you’re in and out early.

Not getting flown out by a helicopter this year would be quite an improvement over last years debacle.

He lost a serpentine belt and a clutch belt yesterday in the prologue, so figure he would have been higher up without that. 

So what is the status of these cars? Are deliveries continuing or stopped due the engine issues? How many total cars now delivered? I have a buddy on the list and I need him to get his car so we can ride in the mountains this summer.  :drummer:  

20230615_190004.jpg

Not sure why you keep bringing this back to the Ponzi scheme? I’m sure you know why people talk crap about the speed car. It all mainly falls on RG’s broken promises and bull rap lies. It’s great that they finally finished. Going from an unbreakable production race car that got flown out by helicopter last year to actually finishing this year doesnt make it the best car ever. Lots of production obstacles still before you can make people eat crow! 

He lost a serpentine belt and a clutch belt yesterday in the prologue, so figure he would have been higher up without that. 
Not sure you actually understand racing, but no excuses for loses. You performed flawless and won or you didn’t. So a production race car lost a belt and a clutch and that’s a good thing? 

they got flown out of the rock race last year, this weekend was the desert race

today is qualifying, thursday is golf carts in the rocks

Monday, January 29, 2024

Rock Course Pre-Run with K[SIZE=11pt]ing of the Hammers[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]8 am - 2 pm[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] Can-Am UTV Hammers Championship Qualifying[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]2 - 3 pm[/SIZE] Can-Am UTV Hammers Championship Power Hour

Thursday, February 01, 2024

[SIZE=11pt]Pre-Running Closed, Hot Racecourse[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]8 am [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Can-Am UTV Hammers Championship Race Start[/SIZE]

RG 9:03min Rock race qualifying

View attachment 94321
Yep.  Looked fast in the desert, slow in the rocks.  Bypasses Backdoor, but definitely made it up in the desert section.  SWB doesn't soak it up as well as the longer models, ass-bucky for sure.  Got rather jiggy with it more than twice in the bypass. :biggrin:

Yep.  Looked fast in the desert, slow in the rocks.  Bypasses Backdoor, but definitely made it up in the desert section.  SWB doesn't soak it up as well as the longer models, ass-bucky for sure.  Got rather jiggy with it more than twice in the bypass. :biggrin:
RG was just on being interviewed, they decided to not do the BD section at 11:30 last night after he rolled the car trying to pre-run. Said he also missed his line and got stuck dowing resolution and had to back up.

Also said Gomez Bros are racing a couple Speeds in the UTV race and they HP helicopters doesn't have 5 of them, so they will need to be extracted one at a time.

RG was just on being interviewed, they decided to not do the BD section at 11:30 last night after he rolled the car trying to pre-run. Said he also missed his line and got stuck dowing resolution and had to back up.

Also said Gomez Bros are racing a couple Speeds in the UTV race and they HP helicopters doesn't have 5 of them, so they will need to be extracted one at a time.
I laughed at the joke at his own expense on the helo rides.  :biggrin:

Is this a stock class? Does his e85 speed tune qualify as stock?
I assume he's in Pro Modified since he says he's running 35s (I don't think Speed came with 35s).  It's kinda hard to discern the classes in Ultra4 since they don't make it easy to determine what each UTV class is year by year.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Back