Speed UTV

Newest issue, swaybar bolts are pulling out of the front diff bulkhead.  Fix is to remove swaybar.   Why are these mounted to the diff?

View attachment 88540
image.jpeg

Looks like it’s in pink in the photo above. Not sure where the rest of that structure comes from, but that’s a super narrow sway bar. There’s going to be a LOT of force on that since the motion ratio is extremely high. With the bar that short and thick (hehe), the spring rate has to be astronomical. 

I have this getting fixed now. They will repair it. 
too small a bolt and not deep enough. 
call you rep and get it fixed. 
Glad there is a simple fix and they are already on it.

It;s a bummer to see these issues popping up, but it's crazy how fast SPEED is jumping on them to fix it.

NOBODY does it that way, not a single MFG or their "Dealer Network".

I'll give RG that credit 100%

View attachment 88612

Looks like it’s in pink in the photo above. Not sure where the rest of that structure comes from, but that’s a super narrow sway bar. There’s going to be a LOT of force on that since the motion ratio is extremely high. With the bar that short and thick (hehe), the spring rate has to be astronomical. 
It does look to be awfully short connecting to the arms just outside of the pivot. It doesn't look like it could have much influence there and not really prevent much sway unless like you said it has some super stiff rate but then the mounting would have to be something more than a couple of bolts holding a small mounting bracket. Best fix might just be to take it off if it doesn't do anything anyway 

Peas

Last edited by a moderator:
It does look to be awfully short connecting to the arms just outside of the pivot. It doesn't look like it could have much influence there and not really prevent much sway unless like you said it has some super stiff rate but then the mounting would have to be something more than a couple of bolts holding a small mounting bracket. Best fix might just be to take it off if it doesn't do anything anyway 

Peas
The short length of the bar and (assuming) over 1" diameter means the spring rate is sky high.  I'm sure it's doing something, but the amount of leverage the suspension has on it means there are some significant physics to deal with. 

Maybe he can double shear the bolts? :bag:

It;s a bummer to see these issues popping up, but it's crazy how fast SPEED is jumping on them to fix it.

I always say, it is how companies repond to problems that create customers for life.  Problems arise with all companies and products, fact of life.

He has no choice but to get fixes done quickly.   It holds up production and delivery every time.   Let's see how they respond with fixes and warranty work once all this beta testing is done and there are more than a few hundred cars in the wild. 

By the way the other manufactures do what RG is doing, but they get 98% of it sorted out prior to them being delivered to customers.  

He has no choice but to get fixes done quickly.   It holds up production and delivery every time.   Let's see how they respond with fixes and warranty work once all this beta testing is done and there are more than a few hundred cars in the wild. 

By the way the other manufactures do what RG is doing, but they get 98% of it sorted out prior to them being delivered to customers.  
the other manufactures have the deep pockets to hire qualified QA inspectors at manufacturing facilities.  IMO alot of these headaches could have been avoided if RG did not cheap out so much and hired someone to stay on top of things in ASIA.  Lets be real cost of labor is peanuts out compared to US  so shame of RG for not doing it.  

the other manufactures have the deep pockets to hire qualified QA inspectors at manufacturing facilities.  IMO alot of these headaches could have been avoided if RG did not cheap out so much and hired someone to stay on top of things in ASIA.  Lets be real cost of labor is peanuts out compared to US  so shame of RG for not doing it.  
RG has some deep pockets invested in this company.   I believe they do have some QA inspectors in ASIA, but they are apparently not up to speed.   Some of the issues are not only QC issues, but design issues.   They will get it sorted out eventually.    By the time your Speed car arrives a lot of the issues will be sorted out.    If not plan on some trips to Havasu until they get the dealer network set up to handle warranty work and repairs.   

Just catching up after being away from this thread for a a couple weeks  - speed Drama  just keeps on coming ... seems "little nits" keep popping up. You just have to man up to own one. As a Sand Car owner, I have broken lots of stuff, not complaining ...

I think the fix is  simple. its  like a firearm you must take a Basic test before you can own one:

Question 1 - Have you ever owned, driven, and/or wrenched on a Trophy truck ?  If yes move to Question 2, if no visit a CanAm , Polaris, Yamaha, Honda, or Kawasaki dealer

It seems if you want something that handles, brakes, and out performs your average SxS you have to put up with the little nits that come along with it.  I have owned Fast Drag cars, I rebuild the engine every couple hundred passes, it comes with the territory ...

Just catching up after being away from this thread for a a couple weeks  - speed Drama  just keeps on coming ... seems "little nits" keep popping up. You just have to man up to own one. As a Sand Car owner, I have broken lots of stuff, not complaining ...

I think the fix is  simple. its  like a firearm you must take a Basic test before you can own one:

Question 1 - Have you ever owned, driven, and/or wrenched on a Trophy truck ?  If yes move to Question 2, if no visit a CanAm , Polaris, Yamaha, Honda, or Kawasaki dealer

It seems if you want something that handles, brakes, and out performs your average SxS you have to put up with the little nits that come along with it.  I have owned Fast Drag cars, I rebuild the engine every couple hundred passes, it comes with the territory ...
Every SXS requires some wrenching.   Some just prefer to have a dealer do it for them, which you can not do with a Speed currently. 

The point of the Speed UTV, at least what the early believers were sayings, is it was better than the other brands and minimal to no work would be needed after purchase.    The only thing I see that the Speed has going for it is the suspension and overall design of the frame.    Everything else it has to offer is either on par with other brands or slightly below.  The reliability of the motor/trans is still up in the air.   The others have already proven to be very reliable. 

It seems with some shock tuning the Pro R has the Speed UTV beat in the suspension department.   

This is what a Speed owner said after driving his dad's Pro with suspension work. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0h_noVPv_N/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Back