Speed UTV

Ah, that's right.  Wonder if it's because of the length, or just a casting issue.
Length was my first thought, and also why I believe the high temperature strength and stability of Inconel made it the better choice, before the bean counter decision was made. Casting issue is also possible, but, to me, not likely the root of the issue.

Did he take it in the dunes or just hit the whoops?   Shocker the Speed UTV EL Jeffe is good in the whoops.   
I think he cruised the small dunes. Said it hung with a tuned X3 up Olds, not sure the circumstances there. 

I think he cruised the small dunes. Said it hung with a tuned X3 up Olds, not sure the circumstances there. 
If it hung with a tuned X3 up Olds I would be super impressed and that would put it on par with a Pro R.     

37 minutes ago, Dune-Track-N said:

SPEED UTV new vehicle training video

Limp mode starts at 205* coolant
Limp mode stops at 177* oil, and picks back up at 225*
4WD won’t engage on the fly, and apparently neither will anything else with a transfer case (uh, sure)
Cold and hot oil level lines, don’t fill above these lines as they’re the maximum, not ranges. 
Oil cap’s o-ring doesn’t have a retention groove (or enough of one) and can fall partially out, which will cut it. 
Bunch of cool displays and options/info. 

Lots of comments about basically how stupid people are with these. Uh, yeah, this isn’t a $500k trophy truck driven by someone invested in it, it’s something that might be bought by a dedicated and experienced owner… or a complete moron. All they needed was a decent score and income.

Noticed during the video the radiator shroud on the exit side blocks everything but the fans themselves. Might be worth seeing if flaps or additional openings can be made to help cooling. Right now you’re asking ALL airflow (even natural) to make 2 turns before leaving the radiator. Air is lazy, don’t ask too much of it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
4WD won’t engage on the fly, and apparently neither will anything else with a transfer case (uh, sure)
I have an old Polaris 800 4x4 utility quad that has the 4x4 switch right above the thumb throttle. It's a 2005. The switch location makes it hard to engage while on the throttle unless you reach over with your left hand which I have done too. I have abused the chit out of that thing and have engaged the 4x4 on the fly more often than not and it still works like the day I got it. My YXZ's 4x4 is easily switched on the fly and under power too. I usually try to blip the throttle when I switch it. I have done it both ways and never had a problem. If Polaris figured it out 20 years ago (probably longer) then it should already be part of the equation for anyone today.

Peas

Last edited by a moderator:
Back