Speed UTV

Actually the opposite, he has stated he only goes to Glamis, and that he is the fastest Speed owner in Glamis, and nobody drives one in the dunes like him, no kidding, he actually typed that yesterday on FB.
Technically he is not wrong as I have not seen any other Speed owners posting from Glamis yet.   RG is apparently too busy racing in Havasu this weekend to show up to Glamis even through he mentioned he was going to be there.   

has anyone thought that maybe he was just cruising up the hill? I know it is an interesting take and I hate to inject common sense. Carry on internet warriors and GD-CSI crew.  
I don’t know if you guys are talking about car number 75 I can’t tell from that nighttime video but if you are talking about that car, I went for a ride with him this morning and I was very impressed. He took some time to show me some details about the car and this that and the other. He has both dash displays so I was able to have a dash display in front of me the whole time to look at. I was very impressed by the overall handling and the power is not bad at all. It will suffice my needs and I am very happy I am in line for a Diablo.

On another note two of my friends and I signed up to go do a self driving ride in the new Can-Am. I will say that car impressed me somewhat tbut I’d say slightly less than what the el effe did today. I was impressed by the transmission in the Can-Am, but I feel it would be a very expensive issue if Something went wrong And I still think a belt will do me just fine. I am not worried about not being the fastest car out here. It’s more about how the car handles and that my back feels good at the end of the day and I don’t have to dump a bunch more in it to get it any better.

I don’t know if you guys are talking about car number 75 I can’t tell from that nighttime video but if you are talking about that car, I went for a ride with him this morning and I was very impressed. He took some time to show me some details about the car and this that and the other. He has both dash displays so I was able to have a dash display in front of me the whole time to look at. I was very impressed by the overall handling and the power is not bad at all. It will suffice my needs and I am very happy I am in line for a Diablo.

On another note two of my friends and I signed up to go do a self driving ride in the new Can-Am. I will say that car impressed me somewhat tbut I’d say slightly less than what the el effe did today. I was impressed by the transmission in the Can-Am, but I feel it would be a very expensive issue if Something went wrong And I still think a belt will do me just fine. I am not worried about not being the fastest car out here. It’s more about how the car handles and that my back feels good at the end of the day and I don’t have to dump a bunch more in it to get it any better.

72011457887__FB609FC3-4B92-40AC-8FD4-1EA3EF9FEE08.jpeg

Yes, its #75 that has been all over Glamis this weekend and posting videos.

Cool you hung out and got a ride with the guy in his car 🚗 

I assume he got whatever issue was going on figured out with his car.   I have no doubt the suspension of the Speed UTV is very good.

The new Can Am will take some getting use to with the transmission versus a CVT.   

I assume he got whatever issue was going on figured out with his car.   I have no doubt the suspension of the Speed UTV is very good.

The new Can Am will take some getting use to with the transmission versus a CVT.   

I don’t think he had a problem with his car. I think he was just driving it up the hill slow I was with him twice he also has his little girls and wife with him. I’m driving a lot slower than I normally drive out here even though my car is it nearly as capable just because of how crowded and crazy it is.

So yesterday I got a ride in the number 75 car. I was very impressed. He took the time to show me a lot of details about details like starting it up, then the oil, pressures and temperatures, and so forth and so on that the car needs an order to allow full performance. He has quite a few options. One of them is also the second Dash and he set up the dash screen so I could look at the same parameters he was looking. After it was warmed up, we went for about a 20 minute ride and boy he did not hold back. We went from his camp towards the sand drags threw the whooped out section of sand Highway. He explained a lot of stuff along the way we got into a little bit of the sand dunes nothing real, big and tall, but he put that thing into a jump and boy we flew very smooth car. He actually said that his springs are probably sagged a little and he wants to try and play with the rear shocks. We did hit one whoop that threw the rear up a little bit but he had it under control. I honestly was a little scared. I’m just like that when I’m not behind the driver seat, I was very grateful as this was the first time I ever had a ride and one of these and like most people I’ve seen or talked to in person all are usually very impressed. I am still trying now the next day to sit here and be patient as I have been but I will tell you if you go for a ride in one of these you’re gonna want your car even sooner than you already think you want it now.

While I was waiting for him to get back from running in to town in the morning, I found chupacabra over on gecko road getting ready for a ride. He had just showed up. He seems pretty happy with his car. Obviously, no one has the speed key yet. I got a chance to talk to him and look at a lot of the accessories on his car a little closer some of his own design. In total I’d say probably saw about 6 el jeffes cars out here over the last couple days. It is rather crowded and we are just trying to play it safe when out and about.

Lastly, yesterday after I got back from my ride with the 75 I want to go hook up with my friends who were at the Can-Am event. You can sign up and drive one of the new Can-Am‘s. They put you in a group of about five cars with a leader, and a caboose, basically you’re giving instructions and you’re allowed to make changes to the settings and drive as hard as you want. And thats what we did with a bunch of my buddies some have Can-Am‘s some have V-8 with TwinTurbo‘s and everything in between. I would say I was thoroughly impressed by the Can-Am , most of my buddies were all pretty impressed. the Can-Am was an amazing car to drive. The new transmission is definitely a different type of thing but then again, I’ve never owned a car with a belt, only manual transmissions in the off-road world , but the car handled pretty damn well I stuffed it into some big G outs and played with all of the different power and shock settings over about a 25 minute ride. I will say the speed car has a better fit and finish just all around and I am happy that is the way I have decided to go , basically the hard part now is going to be trying to keep my patience after getting that road today. I’m thinking the Diablo is going to be just fine for me. Anyways, time to get some coffee but I figured since the star link was up this morning I would make use of it.

IMG_6287.jpeg

72011457887__FB609FC3-4B92-40AC-8FD4-1EA3EF9FEE08.jpeg

IMG_6277.jpeg

I don’t think he had a problem with his car. I think he was just driving it up the hill slow I was with him twice he also has his little girls and wife with him. I’m driving a lot slower than I normally drive out here even though my car is it nearly as capable just because of how crowded and crazy it is.

So yesterday I got a ride in the number 75 car. I was very impressed. He took the time to show me a lot of details about details like starting it up, then the oil, pressures and temperatures, and so forth and so on that the car needs an order to allow full performance. He has quite a few options. One of them is also the second Dash and he set up the dash screen so I could look at the same parameters he was looking. After it was warmed up, we went for about a 20 minute ride and boy he did not hold back. We went from his camp towards the sand drags threw the whooped out section of sand Highway. He explained a lot of stuff along the way we got into a little bit of the sand dunes nothing real, big and tall, but he put that thing into a jump and boy we flew very smooth car. He actually said that his springs are probably sagged a little and he wants to try and play with the rear shocks. We did hit one whoop that threw the rear up a little bit but he had it under control. I honestly was a little scared. I’m just like that when I’m not behind the driver seat, I was very grateful as this was the first time I ever had a ride and one of these and like most people I’ve seen or talked to in person all are usually very impressed. I am still trying now the next day to sit here and be patient as I have been but I will tell you if you go for a ride in one of these you’re gonna want your car even sooner than you already think you want it now.

While I was waiting for him to get back from running in to town in the morning, I found chupacabra over on gecko road getting ready for a ride. He had just showed up. He seems pretty happy with his car. Obviously, no one has the speed key yet. I got a chance to talk to him and look at a lot of the accessories on his car a little closer some of his own design. In total I’d say probably saw about 6 el jeffes cars out here over the last couple days. It is rather crowded and we are just trying to play it safe when out and about.

Lastly, yesterday after I got back from my ride with the 75 I want to go hook up with my friends who were at the Can-Am event. You can sign up and drive one of the new Can-Am‘s. They put you in a group of about five cars with a leader, and a caboose, basically you’re giving instructions and you’re allowed to make changes to the settings and drive as hard as you want. And thats what we did with a bunch of my buddies some have Can-Am‘s some have V-8 with TwinTurbo‘s and everything in between. I would say I was thoroughly impressed by the Can-Am , most of my buddies were all pretty impressed. the Can-Am was an amazing car to drive. The new transmission is definitely a different type of thing but then again, I’ve never owned a car with a belt, only manual transmissions in the off-road world , but the car handled pretty damn well I stuffed it into some big G outs and played with all of the different power and shock settings over about a 25 minute ride. I will say the speed car has a better fit and finish just all around and I am happy that is the way I have decided to go , basically the hard part now is going to be trying to keep my patience after getting that road today. I’m thinking the Diablo is going to be just fine for me. Anyways, time to get some coffee but I figured since the star link was up this morning I would make use of it.

View attachment 85020

View attachment 85021

View attachment 85022
It was posted something about the ECU having issues.    Did Nick get the Speed key?  His car looks good with the at wrap. 

Nobody has the Speed key. That can confidently say it I have knowledge of. My guess is right now it has to do with the EPA or carb and that is only my guess like everybody else is guessing something else. For some of us who never planned on buying it or wanting it. It is not gonna be a big deal but for all these guys that got it for a dollar yeah I’m sure but you’re gonna want it sooner or later will get it.

Nobody has the Speed key. That can confidently say it I have knowledge of. My guess is right now it has to do with the EPA or carb and that is only my guess like everybody else is guessing something else. For some of us who never planned on buying it or wanting it. It is not gonna be a big deal but for all these guys that got it for a dollar yeah I’m sure but you’re gonna want it sooner or later will get it.
Somebody posted in the speed group that they called speed directly and they confirmed it's 6 months and 500 mi. I really can't wrap my head around the 6-month rule. No matter how they spin it, people were misled. 

The General Public doesn't break Tom Pro or King sand car transmissions, with the same design.

You can shift up to 13,000 rpm's all day long, without stopping the vehicle.

I'd be pissed if those were instructions given to me.  
To be fair those with said trans are not general.  We call them "Ballers" and usually camp along Gecko.  

has anyone thought that maybe he was just cruising up the hill? I know it is an interesting take and I hate to inject common sense. Carry on internet warriors and GD-CSI crew.  
IMO many would benefit from learning how to drive all the way up Olds under 10 MPH. Oh, that would include from a dead stop at the bottom and in 2WD and no paddles😆

View attachment 85020

View attachment 85021

View attachment 85022
The video of the Speed UTV at Olds shows the owner going back at least 100 yards from the bottom and mashing the the throttle to get through the whoops.   I don't think he was cruising up Olds on purpose.   

IMO many would benefit from learning how to drive all the way up Olds under 10 MPH. Oh, that would include from a dead stop at the bottom and in 2WD and no paddles😆
The old days of trying to make it up Olds in a Rhino.   LOL!   

Back