Speed UTV

5* of timing to burn off top end lube for E85?  What?

Seems like Robbie's having some problems with the e85. Didn't he have some gaskets that were bad and now he's needing a top-end conditioner? I thought that was only for alcohol cars?

What other reason could there be to run the conditioner other than it just being e85? I feel like there's a Band-Aid in here somewhere. And correct me if I'm wrong but, wouldn't the added oil cause some extra emissions?

I could be dead wrong, I know jack about e85. First I've heard of people using it in off-road toys (edit- other than for moisture issues)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like Robbie's having some problems with the e85. Didn't he have some gaskets that were bad and now he's needing a top-end conditioner? I thought that was only for alcohol cars?

What other reason could there be to run the conditioner other than it just being e85? I feel like there's a Band-Aid in here somewhere. And correct me if I'm wrong but, wouldn't the added oil cause some extra emissions?

I could be dead wrong, I know jack about e85. First I've heard of people using it in off-road toys
Alcohol drag cars that never get hot enough to cook off the water that ends up in the oil, no?  Something that drives for an hour+ at a time shouldn't be worried about this...

E85 does not like short intervals, but that should be a disclaimer, not a piece of hardware.

Alcohol drag cars that never get hot enough to cook off the water that ends up in the oil, no?  Something that drives for an hour+ at a time shouldn't be worried about this...

E85 does not like short intervals, but that should be a disclaimer, not a piece of hardware.
I always thought it was because alcohol cars washed out the cylinders of oil? I didn't think e85 did that even though it's an alcohol. Made me kind of think that he's having a top-end oiling problem.. I don't know. I'm at home sick and bored out of my mind. :legit:

I get some people saying the car is meant for the desert and not the sand but come on this is complete horse crap. 

My bone stock 2018 X3 max fully loaded with adults and running stock big horns puts that car to shame.  There is no way the speed engine dyno’s anywhere near 225hp. I am guessing the engine is closer to 180hp is perfect conditions. 

Nobody has the Speed key. That can confidently say it I have knowledge of. My guess is right now it has to do with the EPA or carb and that is only my guess like everybody else is guessing something else. For some of us who never planned on buying it or wanting it. It is not gonna be a big deal but for all these guys that got it for a dollar yeah I’m sure but you’re gonna want it sooner or later will get it.

IMG_2305.png

WOW!   Sounds like nobody is getting the Speed Key until they have an EPA and CARB certified tune.  There is a reason the OEMs stick with stock tunes and the the tuners do there thing.

Did I read for the Speed Key you need head studs?   I would be shocked if any owner gets a Speed Key before the end of the year.  I though RG was working with a top engine tuners on these cars. 

To me the engine and the drive train were the big question marks.  

The fact customers are having issues tells me that what every tune RG ran in the Bandit in NORRA is not a stock tune the customers get.  

The customers with these early cars will have their patience tested.   

Race ready from the factory!!!!! Just depends what race. That guys write up sounds like someone was standing over is shoulder telling him what to do. The motor issues makes sense if it’s a custom deal. But for a factory car those issues shouldn’t exist. I’d also find it hard to believe my super tuner struggles to tune a car because it builds boost too fast. And it’s blowing belts de-tuned????? Turning it up should solve that…🙄

Race ready from the factory!!!!! Just depends what race. That guys write up sounds like someone was standing over is shoulder telling him what to do. The motor issues makes sense if it’s a custom deal. But for a factory car those issues shouldn’t exist. I’d also find it hard to believe my super tuner struggles to tune a car because it builds boost too fast. And it’s blowing belts de-tuned????? Turning it up should solve that…🙄
RG could take it to Queens Racing which seems to have good tunes on the Speed UTVs they do actually race. 

I climbed olds  in a rhino on bighorns. it took a week but I didn't have to turn around on the hill  and go back down... Just sayin
Did you row with one arm and your passenger with the other to help get it up Olds?  That seemed to work for my rhino.  LMAO!!!   I remember being so stoked making it up at a 13-14mphs.   

Every time I think they have "turned the corner" the manure spreader gets going.   I think Cabelas has waders on sale...
Going to be a while before they "turn the corner".   They have maybe 150 cars delivered?  Wait till they crest 500 or 1000 units out in the wild and more stuff pops up. 

I suspect the more this goes on the quicker the prices will be dropping on all those Speed cars up for sale right now.  

Going to be a while before they "turn the corner".   They have maybe 150 cars delivered?  Wait till they crest 500 or 1000 units out in the wild and more stuff pops up. 

I suspect the more this goes on the quicker the prices will be dropping on all those Speed cars up for sale right now.  
Issues like sensors or assembly/QC stuff I expected, but to be "in production", and suddenly be discussing standard tunes, turbo sizing, and EPA/CARB compliance? Bush league bullshit, I'm sorry.

Straight from one of the owners of an early car. I wanted to add more to this re post of a post earlier, but was very busy at work. Basically I just posted it so all these assumptions of videos from glamis and crap like he talks about in his post will hopefully be satisfied. probably not….. for what it’s worth I got a ride in this car on Friday before he had met with RG on Saturday I will say this car handled extremely well, and I am very happy to be a potential owner down the line of a Diablo. 

RG could take it to Queens Racing which seems to have good tunes on the Speed UTVs they do actually race. 
Tuning so it maximizes power and drives smoothly? Not too hard. 

Tuning so it maximizes power and drives smoothly and passes EPA/CARB? Not too easy. 

Easy to poke at the competition for cost-cutting here and there. Much harder to actually get the whole thing done for a price the customer will pay, performance they’ll want, reliability they’ll demand, and emissions the gov’t mandates before you’re allowed to sell it to them.

Did you row with one arm and your passenger with the other to help get it up Olds?  That seemed to work for my rhino.  LMAO!!!   I remember being so stoked making it up at a 13-14mphs.   
Worked for my Jeep. Lol. Could hear the crowd on the hill above laughing over the screaming 4.slo :biggrin:

Straight from one of the owners of an early car. I wanted to add more to this re post of a post earlier, but was very busy at work. Basically I just posted it so all these assumptions of videos from glamis and crap like he talks about in his post will hopefully be satisfied. probably not….. for what it’s worth I got a ride in this car on Friday before he had met with RG on Saturday I will say this car handled extremely well, and I am very happy to be a potential owner down the line of a Diablo. 
Good news for you is that by the time they get the El Diablo going and ready to hit the ships most of this stuff should be sorted out.  If the tune becomes an EPA/CARB issue that could delay further deliveries significantly. 

I can only compare my Speed can to my 2017 2 seat can am and can confidently say in the desert the can am gets blown away by a large margin. 
last Sat I hooked up with a newer 4 seat can am and 2 amazingly decked out talons. We were having a blast and they egged me on to get some. I provided and got to the vendor tents, unbuckled and out of the car before they showed up. 
talon dudes were super cool and we talked for a while. Canam dude wiped the dust off his helmet screen and didn’t say a word and walked into the tent. 
we covered about 20 miles in that stretch. 

No, I haven’t taken it to the dunes yet. Still learning the car and gaining confidence with it. Headed back out to super this weekend for a poker run. More miles and shake out all the little things. 

Good news for you is that by the time they get the El Diablo going and ready to hit the ships most of this stuff should be sorted out.  If the tune becomes an EPA/CARB issue that could delay further deliveries significantly. 
You’re correct and I’m not even in the first batch of 500 Diablos that get started in November.  These forums have been more entertaining than I could’ve ever dreamed up for the 1500 deposit. I would think it would be highly likely mine will be a 2024 model also.

You’re correct and I’m not even in the first batch of 500 Diablos that get started in November.  These forums have been more entertaining than I could’ve ever dreamed up for the 1500 deposit. I would think it would be highly likely mine will be a 2024 model also.
I think my friend is a late number in the Diablo batch as well. 

Back