Speed UTV

I have said this many times, I want speed to succeed. 

I love the way the car looks and think it will be amazing. So far the engine appears to be underwhelming but I think the initial tune may be to blame for that. 

honestly if I had more money than brains I would pull the engine out of the new Maverick R and drop it into a Speed frame. Dream set up right there kids. 

I love the way the car looks and think it will be amazing. So far the engine appears to be underwhelming but I think the initial tune may be to blame for that. 

honestly if I had more money than brains I would pull the engine out of the new Maverick R and drop it into a Speed frame. Dream set up right there kids. 
This would be the ticket. To be able to swap shall you want to. The trick is getting the 4wd to work still. I'd be all over a subi swap quick! Not sure about no boat anchor LS lol.  

This would be the ticket. To be able to swap shall you want to. The trick is getting the 4wd to work still. I'd be all over a subi swap quick! Not sure about no boat anchor LS lol.  
Thats why im holding on to my 2.5 Subi just in case I want to drop it in lol.

There should be a few totaled MavX by end of season.  Good time to grab the motor/trans and give it a go...

Why not just get the speed key? Maybe find a place to add another auxiliary tank because it will use a lot more fuel. With that advertised 300 horsepower number the thing should rip. Can't imagine the nightmare trying to put a different motor in.

see you in 22 Chummin.. Been too many years since I have duned with Chummin.. Lots of different machines from quads to Big Buggies now to SXS's.. Buddy I am just happy you will be out enjoying the desert again. Also on a personal note I want to go for a ride in it

see you in 22 Chummin.. Been too many years since I have duned with Chummin.. Lots of different machines from quads to Big Buggies now to SXS's.. Buddy I am just happy you will be out enjoying the desert again. Also on a personal note I want to go for a ride in it
Sounds good Trap. We’ll do our best to get there. 

Why not just get the speed key? Maybe find a place to add another auxiliary tank because it will use a lot more fuel. With that advertised 300 horsepower number the thing should rip. Can't imagine the nightmare trying to put a different motor in.
There is truth to this. I’m not a fan of e85 and it’s fuel consumption so not sure I’ll ever use that key but we shall see. 

Reactions: FOG
There is truth to this. I’m not a fan of e85 and it’s fuel consumption so not sure I’ll ever use that key but we shall see. 
Why not a fan? It really is magic in a boosted motor.  Just put in some Lucas ethanol stabilizer if the car is going to set. For long term get a pump and suck out the old fuel. Put in fresh at the beginning of the season. If you are using the side by side non dunes part of the year just use it and you are done.  

Thats why im holding on to my 2.5 Subi just in case I want to drop it in lol.
I’m thinking the exact same thing man I might hold onto the engine in my Manx and just put a VW in there when I sale it though I’m gonna hold onto it for probably a good half a year or more after I get the speed.

When I was at the sand show, I was talking to Sean from Weddle and he told me that they’re within a year of coming out with some sort of a new transmission that would be able to adapt to these four-wheel-drive systems. I’ll be keeping my eye on how that develops. 
he also said that the speed transmission they have now is very strong compared to any of the existing older Polaris or Can-Am transmissions. I asked him when he was going to have a cutaway version like he did for everything else. He said it’s very similar to the. Wildcat one he had on the bench.

Reactions: JBL
Chummin and sand trap back in the dunes……damn I’m having flash backs to 2006!

can I get an invite to see this

Thanks boss. These last few days have been going through the car and checking out all the options. 
I removed the crescent box in favor of the regular boxes to keep the tailgate closed. Might sell it or not. 
going through lighting - found a switch on the chase bar. 
The glove box needs work   😂 

my garage is kept at 73’ so the “cold” starts are a bit rough . Hoping when it’s 30’ in G that won’t be a problem  

took out the windshield to avoid overHeating till it gets much cooler  

Tanking the hoopty out this weekend for a shakedown run  

wish me luck  

What really stands out to you as a plus...what are the misses if any...etc.

Looking fwd to your first hand accounts.

:cheers:

Thanks boss. These last few days have been going through the car and checking out all the options. 
I removed the crescent box in favor of the regular boxes to keep the tailgate closed. Might sell it or not. 
going through lighting - found a switch on the chase bar. 
The glove box needs work   😂 

my garage is kept at 73’ so the “cold” starts are a bit rough . Hoping when it’s 30’ in G that won’t be a problem  

took out the windshield to avoid overHeating till it gets much cooler  

Tanking the hoopty out this weekend for a shakedown run  

wish me luck  
I agree the glove box closing "pins" or whatever you would call them are a little finicky, my was struggling yesterday to get it open and then closed with her purse in there, I'm pretty sure she's gonna break it, LOL, she doesn't have much patience. They're just a half turn to open or close, but you gotta get them just right.

We did about 20 miles yesterday before it was just too damn hot out, and the car was flawless, ran cool, and no more more oil leaking out of the oil reservoir cap.

I agree the glove box closing "pins" or whatever you would call them are a little finicky, my was struggling yesterday to get it open and then closed with her purse in there, I'm pretty sure she's gonna break it, LOL, she doesn't have much patience. They're just a half turn to open or close, but you gotta get them just right.

We did about 20 miles yesterday before it was just too damn hot out, and the car was flawless, ran cool, and no more more oil leaking out of the oil reservoir cap.
Did you do the clevis adjustment on the brake pedal?

How's the suspension after using it for a couple of weeks?  

Back