Speed UTV

10 hours ago, Poule43 said:

OOH Boy !!!!

That guy says only beta's sue for defamation but am I wrong for thinking he's a beta for thinking what was written is defamation? I didn't see it.. or should I say I don't agree... Maybe his phone call gave more context but that's purely a he said, she said thing..

As far as RG patents... don't hate the player, hate the game.. It is shitty to see him going after a small guy though.. I am starting to see a trend in Robbie's business dealings... Doesn't leave many friends behind, does he?

Who wants to put money that by the end of all this, he'll be suing Hisun....or maybe even speedutv itself... 🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
That guy says only beta's sue for defamation but am I wrong for thinking he's a beta for thinking what was written is defamation? I didn't see it.. or should I say I don't agree... Maybe his phone call gave more context but that's purely a he said, she said thing..

As far as RG patents... don't hate the player, hate the game.. It is shitty to see him going after a small guy though.. I am starting to see a trend in Robbie's business dealings... Doesn't leave many friends behind, does he?

Who wants to put money that by the end of all this, he'll be suing Hisun....or maybe even speedutv itself... 🤣
Posting on the advertising media (Instagram/whatever) an engineering consultant uses to show off his designs that all he does is copy Speed, then messaging his customers the same directly.  After the customers ignore him, he calls you up to ask for $75k for violating his patent when you're not even close to it...  Yeah, I'd be pissed.

Be similar if Corky’s followed your truck around and told your customers that you just fill the tent with air. Maybe once or twice, annoying. Add in Corky's saying you're using a pesticide similar to their pesticide (when you're not), asking for $100k then lowering it to $75k... After a pattern, you’re gonna fight back. 

LOL:

https://patents.justia.com/patent/20230009709

Yeah, GM calls those "steam ports"

https://patents.justia.com/patent/20230076992

VEMCO called it V-drive

https://patents.justia.com/patent/20230085077

I mean...

https://patents.justia.com/patent/11584435

Front steering patent...?

https://patents.justia.com/patent/20220372911

Turbos behind the engine...

https://patents.justia.com/patent/20220356940

Fans on CVT clutches?  That's literally all CVT SxSs.

https://patents.justia.com/patent/20220297489

Trailing arm offroad vehicles...?  Uh.  Yeah.  Guess my buggy is in violation, will Robby shake me down for $75k?

And so on and so forth.  I've laughed at the patents individually before.  In aggregation...  Yeah.  

Didn't Robby win against Artic Cat because they took his design and called it something else and then tried to cut him out of the sales?  I mean a HUGE company did that to him and you guys are mad because he's trying to protect himself?  After years of people stealing your stuff, don't you think he's just over it? 

Didn't Robby win against Artic Cat because they took his design and called it something else and then tried to cut him out of the sales?  I mean a HUGE company did that to him and you guys are mad because he's trying to protect himself?  After years of people stealing your stuff, don't you think he's just over it? 

He won against Artic cat because they agreed to produce XXXXXX amount of cars and they only produced XXXX so they were in breach of contract.  Had nothing to do with designs, Robby got to keep all the designs.  Robby is using the wildcat patents to threaten this guy.

Sorta, and what they did to him was definitely F-d up.

But what does an offroad consultant for a Class 1 and TT have to do with a UTV patent?  Even if he directly copied it (which he didn't), it's not at all enforceable.

A stressed member front diff is not even close to a unique invention.  It's been done for years by people before RG patented it.  Just because you designed something, doesn't mean you invented it.

F1 teams since the 1970s better watch out.  RG has patents on suspension mounts on drivetrain components!

engine_f1_stresed.gif

Lotus_49-2.JPG

:biggrin:

RG's suit against AC/Textron was about not living up to a contract.  Nothing over patents.  

Posting on the advertising media (Instagram/whatever) an engineering consultant uses to show off his designs that all he does is copy Speed, then messaging his customers the same directly.  After the customers ignore him, he calls you up to ask for $75k for violating his patent when you're not even close to it...  Yeah, I'd be pissed.

Be similar if Corky’s followed your truck around and told your customers that you just fill the tent with air. Maybe once or twice, annoying. Add in Corky's saying you're using a pesticide similar to their pesticide (when you're not), asking for $100k then lowering it to $75k... After a pattern, you’re gonna fight back. 
I watched that whole 45-minute video and I didn't see anything other than three screenshots of them telling him he better look into patent law... basically...

I get why he's hitting back but I didn't see all the chit talking that you're talking about.

I watched that whole 45-minute video and I didn't see anything other than three screenshots of them telling him he better look into patent law... basically...

I get why he's hitting back but I didn't see all the chit talking that you're talking about.
Agree on the posts.  

This, however, is where I'd get pissed:

image.png

That's his customer.

Ohhh, he was talking about his family when he showed that. I thought that RG went behind his back and talked to his dad or something
Yeah, it's the Towers family that contracted him to design (and maybe build?) their Class 1 and TT. 

Robby also demanded $100k but would give him a 25% discount if he paid in cash now.  Can't really let that one slide.

Nobody Mad Here / Just saw the video and thought it was worth posting in the SPEED tread.

The only thing that SUCKS is for the peeps who have been waiting for their SXS s since 2019 after putting down hard earned $$$.

I truely hope SPEED makes it right for anyone who put down hefty down payments and still dont have their rigs...Thats Brutal......We have all seen bad actors in the off road world walk away unscathed and hose people......I truely hope this isnt one of those deals....

The SPEED cars look really good / I would get one for sure but no way I am buying futures in the sport when there are other options out there you can drive tomorrow!

:poule:

RG had live feed today talking about his 2 seater #7 and the #777 cars that came off the boat, went thru PDI and the Accessories line at the Corona facility and will be raced at NORRA 500 this coming weekend...

I know NORRA is a fun 2 day Rally, but it's a ballsy move to make and he acknowledged it too...

Just RG doing RG things...haha

:lol:

RG had live feed today talking about his 2 seater #7 and the #777 cars that came off the boat, went thru PDI and the Accessories line at the Corona facility and will be raced at NORRA 500 this coming weekend...

I know NORRA is a fun 2 day Rally, but it's a ballsy move to make and he acknowledged it too...

Just RG doing RG things...haha

:lol:
So basically he is rushing to get some cars together to race and knows that is not the best move.  Does it anyway and can't figure out why the cars don't perform like they are touted to perform.  Then videos surface of said under prepared cars not doing so good. Finished with RG  on social media telling us why it did not work out like planned.   LOL!!!

I think there are several Speed UTVs entered so some of them should do well. 

So basically he is rushing to get some cars together to race and knows that is not the best move.  Does it anyway and can't figure out why the cars don't perform like they are touted to perform.  Then videos surface of said under prepared cars not doing so good. Finished with RG  on social media telling us why it did not work out like planned.   LOL!!!

I think there are several Speed UTVs entered so some of them should do well. 
Get the choppers ready! 

Back