Speed UTV

Did you do the clevis adjustment on the brake pedal?
No I haven't, and after driving it, they really aren't that bad if you just know that the pedal has a longer throw. I'm up here with the car for another week, so I may try and adjust to see if I like it better, but I wouldn't consider it a must.

How's the suspension after using it for a couple of weeks?  
Suspension is dialed, got about 80 miles on it now, the springs settled about an inch or so, so just readjusted the ride height. 

I was hoping to do a couple hundred miles this week, but 100 is too damn hot, so I guess we're boating instead.

Suspension is dialed, got about 80 miles on it now, the springs settled about an inch or so, so just readjusted the ride height. 

I was hoping to do a couple hundred miles this week, but 100 is too damn hot, so I guess we're boating instead.
Nice.  

Yeah, headed out to Glamis this weekend...  Gonna be a hot one.

Have you adjusted the ride height yet? 
the manual is horrible for this and it’s been a very long time since doing something like this. 
mom sure it’s the same for all shocks but.  
do you lower the middle collars the same as you would the top collar to raise the ride height? 
headed out to Superstition this sat for some break in and was curious on this subject. 
thanks. 

IMG_3163.jpeg

the manual is horrible for this and it’s been a very long time since doing something like this. 
do you lower the middle collars the same as you would the top collar to raise the ride height? 
headed out to Superstition this sat for some break in and was curious on this subject. 
thanks. 

View attachment 83732
I had speed do it while they were fixing the fans.

But, I would lower the crossover ring (middle ring) the same amount as the top perch.

I would be careful lowering the crossover unless you are certain that you will not be going into coil bind.

I would be careful lowering the crossover unless you are certain that you will not be going into coil bind.
There looks to be plenty of free space there unless he's gonna monster truck it. :biggrin:

@Chummin if it's to offset spring sag, I'd leave the crossover alone.  If it appears to G-out too easily, drop the crossover, but I assume Speed set the crossover height based on correct ride height.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks. 

View attachment 83732
Move the top collar to get the ride height where you want it.   I would just adjust the ride height first and take it for a spin and adjust the crossover ring if needed.   

You need a science or engineering degree and they make you take a separate patent bar exam.   
It would be interesting to listen in on a court case like this. Always the other side of the story. I could see both sides. But if you had a patent that was valid wouldn't you want to protect it? Wouldn't it be normal for someone to pay for someone else's patented idea? Looking at the video the designs sure look different. But, there has to be a legal definition of patent infringement in each case. One thing he kept talking about was those ideas being used for many years before. But did anyone patent the ideas? Shoot my dad could have patented multiple ideas but never wanted to. Cool stuff. 

It would be interesting to listen in on a court case like this. Always the other side of the story. I could see both sides. But if you had a patent that was valid wouldn't you want to protect it? Wouldn't it be normal for someone to pay for someone else's patented idea? Looking at the video the designs sure look different. But, there has to be a legal definition of patent infringement in each case. One thing he kept talking about was those ideas being used for many years before. But did anyone patent the ideas? Shoot my dad could have patented multiple ideas but never wanted to. Cool stuff. 
Yep, except RG’s shaking people down with empty threats:

Unless permitted by the patent owner, one commits patent infringement by making, using, offering to sell, or selling something that contains every element of a patented claim or its equivalent while the patent is in effect.

Since RG’s patent is for SxSs… Not even close to enforceable, let alone all the other dissimilarities with the patent. 

There looks to be plenty of free space there unless he's gonna monster truck it. :biggrin:

@Chummin if it's to offset spring sag, I'd leave the crossover alone.  If it appears to G-out too easily, drop the crossover, but I assume Speed set the crossover height based on correct ride height.
One thing about this site is the knowledge! Much appreciated Rockwood. 

We get patients for our software and have shut other companies down from using it when they duplicated our stuff. Even so far as to sue them for each sale of their software and collect a % of their sales. 
we got sued early on for a patient that we didn’t know about. Lost and paid dearly and had to change our software and how it records the mouse (pointer between points). 🙄
I’ve sat in meetings with lawyers for days on that stuff 🤓 and yes if you don’t protect your stuff, it can cause you problems. 
I don’t agree with RG in this case. Like usual, they (speed) should have kept their mouths shut and just let the attorneys handle it. 

We get patients for our software and have shut other companies down from using it when they duplicated our stuff. Even so far as to sue them for each sale of their software and collect a % of their sales. 
we got sued early on for a patient that we didn’t know about. Lost and paid dearly and had to change our software and how it records the mouse (pointer between points). 🙄
I’ve sat in meetings with lawyers for days on that stuff 🤓 and yes if you don’t protect your stuff, it can cause you problems. 
I don’t agree with RG in this case. Like usual, they (speed) should have kept their mouths shut and just let the attorneys handle it. 
This software patent loss…

It wasn’t your fault… was it? :biggrin:

Back