Speed UTV

I wonder if speed is going to the same for the stop ride on the Transmission.  Those early people were making payments for a car speed wouldn't let them take home.

I wonder if speed is going to the same for the stop ride on the Transmission.  Those early people were making payments for a car speed wouldn't let them take home.
Good luck getting money out of them right now.   

LOL ,So many haters. If you haven't driven one how can you guys hate so much. Ask people who owns all 3 ,And then ask them if they had to give up of 2 of them, What car would they keep? .There is enough guys that have driven all 3 or own all 3 .And then, We could have a better debate. I think that would be fair. Also the stock safety issue on all 3 ?.

No no no!!! Polaris is an evil company with a CEO who does his job.   We want a CEO who is on social medial threatening to pull orders and banning people.  

Pretty cool that Polaris is reimbursing the owners that could not use their vehicle.                                      
From what I understand they didn’t do it out of the grace of their heart lawsuits brought them to that.

Polaris has been issuing "Stop Ride" reimbursement checks for months, folks are getting them upwards of $4,000 and $5,000 dollars.

People are posting them in the FB Speed groups, Speed guys are eating it up.

:dunno:  I think it's awesome that Polaris is cutting checks when this crap happens, better then getting the finger :321:  They do it for snowmobiles too.

Great to have deep pockets. :cheers:
man i wished in cali to get that check lol

LOL ,So many haters. If you haven't driven one how can you guys hate so much. Ask people who owns all 3 ,And then ask them if they had to give up of 2 of them, What car would they keep? .There is enough guys that have driven all 3 or own all 3 .And then, We could have a better debate. I think that would be fair. Also the stock safety issue on all 3 ?.
There have been 2 head to head to head (to head to head...) tests.  1st comparo the Pro R won, and the Speed edged out the 2016-introduced X3 by not so large a margin.  The other Robby chit all over the owner/channel and suddenly everything went radio silent.

The stock safety issues for the three:

One won't stop
One has a weak cage
The other is too new and no one knows the actual strength of the cage, but probably needs improvement

I still don't think the stock Speed cage is a perfect design either, and I'm still surprised that SCORE allows that style of cage to compete (no diagonals over the driver's head, leaving the corners unsupported).  Every other form of motorsport requires a diagonal over each occupants' head.

FIA:

fia_safetyweek_asnsafetycagehomologation_extract.jpg

NASA:

image.png

SCCA:

image.png

This brace exists because the most likely way your roll cage gets tested is, amusingly, in a roll.  It's very rare that a car does a complete flip to land squarely on its roof, but usually on a corner.  Without support in that corner, it will collapse.  

speed-UTV-chassis-dimensions-and-tube-widths-and-measurements-650x404.jpg

That entire outside corner can collapse to the V braces without anything stopping it.  Is it better than nothing like the Pro R/Can Am have?  Abso-farking-lutely.  Is it optimal?  Nope.  I'd still add diagonals to the B-pillar section if you're serious about chit.  

Polaris has been issuing "Stop Ride" reimbursement checks for months, folks are getting them upwards of $4,000 and $5,000 dollars.

People are posting them in the FB Speed groups, Speed guys are eating it up.

:dunno:  I think it's awesome that Polaris is cutting checks when this crap happens, better then getting the finger :321:  They do it for snowmobiles too.

Great to have deep pockets. :cheers:
Not true.

From what I understand they didn’t do it out of the grace of their heart lawsuits brought them to that.
 There was a class action suit and some owners were able to negotiate payments without getting involved in the suit.     

There have been 2 head to head to head (to head to head...) tests.  1st comparo the Pro R won, and the Speed edged out the 2016-introduced X3 by not so large a margin.  The other Robby chit all over the owner/channel and suddenly everything went radio silent.

The stock safety issues for the three:

One won't stop
One has a weak cage
The other is too new and no one knows the actual strength of the cage, but probably needs improvement

I still don't think the stock Speed cage is a perfect design either, and I'm still surprised that SCORE allows that style of cage to compete (no diagonals over the driver's head, leaving the corners unsupported).  Every other form of motorsport requires a diagonal over each occupants' head.

FIA:

NASA:

View attachment 83332

SCCA:

View attachment 83334

This brace exists because the most likely way your roll cage gets tested is, amusingly, in a roll.  It's very rare that a car does a complete flip to land squarely on its roof, but usually on a corner.  Without support in that corner, it will collapse.  

That entire outside corner can collapse to the V braces without anything stopping it.  Is it better than nothing like the Pro R/Can Am have?  Abso-farking-lutely.  Is it optimal?  Nope.  I'd still add diagonals to the B-pillar section if you're serious about chit.  
There is a video of Pro R racing at the SXSblog guys event this month.  They had a short course type race and the owner went for it.  Took a jump to make a pass and ended up crashing/barrel rolling the Pro R down a hill.   The cage crushed down on the drivers side.  Guy some how walked away with I thing they said a broken arm. 

There is a video of Pro R racing at the SXSblog guys event this month.  They had a short course type race and the owner went for it.  Took a jump to make a pass and ended up crashing/barrel rolling the Pro R down a hill.   The cage crushed down on the drivers side.  Guy some how walked away with I thing they said a broken arm. 

Sounds like it did it's job.  Roll cages are meant to be one time use items like Motorcycle helmet's.  If it saves the person it did it's job.  You cut out the roll cage and weld in a new one.

I do miss him on the boards, the always right got a bit annoying, but still enjoyed him.  Met him in person once, nice guy.
I miss my “discussions” with him. Especially the electrical ones. 

There was a class action suit and some owners were able to negotiate payments without getting involved in the suit.     
Look all I’m saying is they didn’t just start sending out checks without being pressed yeah, some people didn’t have to join the class action lawsuit but that already had weight in the game.

Back