Speed UTV

Speaking of getting their cars.....Da chEFF sure needs his to arrive SOON. Peace

Reactions: FOG
could someone explain to me what a speed key is?  I assumed it was the key that made it run, but it does not sound like it.

could someone explain to me what a speed key is?  I assumed it was the key that made it run, but it does not sound like it.
The Speed Key unlocks the 300hp E85 tune. It's a seperate key fob, you use that FOB to start the car, and there is also a rocker switch on the dash. It has to be on E85, or there is zero benefit.

Doesn't seem like anyone has gotten it yet, I asked in the Speed groups.....will report back later, unless I get booted or whatever...

I asked nicely, but you never know haha

Doesn't seem like anyone has gotten it yet, I asked in the Speed groups.....will report back later, unless I get booted or whatever...

I asked nicely, but you never know haha
The Speed FB groups won't boot anyone.

Nobody has gotten theirs yet, Nick from Chupacabra will get his first I think, and within the next couple weeks. 

I believe part of the hesitation with releasing it had to do with the diaphragm within fuel regulator, the material was being eaten away by the Ethanol, there is a new material being used now. I also think they were holding back to make sure there were no mechanical issues with the trans and motor, but I'm just speculating.

The Speed Key unlocks the 300hp E85 tune. It's a separate key fob, you use that FOB to start the car, and there is also a rocker switch on the dash. It has to be on E85, or there is zero benefit.
thanks.  kind of a bummer to order a 300HP car & not get a 300HP car. 

And even if I dont get the key, what is stopping me from putting E85 into the car?  seems like a fuel sending unit would be a good idea (albeit a bit costly).

Heck just "normal gas" has up to 10% of ethanol in it.....  I assumed that everyone was ethanol compliant now, this has been going on for years.... 

thanks.  kind of a bummer to order a 300HP car & not get a 300HP car. 

And even if I dont get the key, what is stopping me from putting E85 into the car?  seems like a fuel sending unit would be a good idea (albeit a bit costly).

Heck just "normal gas" has up to 10% of ethanol in it.....  I assumed that everyone was ethanol compliant now, this has been going on for years.... 
It has an ethanol content sending unit, it tells you all the time what the Ethanol content is. There is nothing stopping you from putting Ethanol in it, but without the key, which unlocks the tune, it does nothing for performance.

Myself, I will never use the 300hp tune, it doesn't need it in the desert.

It has an ethanol content sending unit, it tells you all the time what the Ethanol content is. There is nothing stopping you from putting Ethanol in it, but without the key, which unlocks the tune, it does nothing for performance.

Myself, I will never use the 300hp tune, it doesn't need it in the desert.
Did you not order the Speed Key?  Even if you don't want it for the desert, for resale value it will be worth a lot.

Back