Speed UTV

Disappointing to here that, those guys were pretty damn fair across the board and simply enthusiasts like many folks are...

I guess the story will eventually come out, but really not surprised at all.

:thumbsdown:

I feel like I need to support guys like Desert SXS.

Help boost their Social Media presence, they are just enthusiast like us all who enjoy this SXS Sport.

Desert SXS

@desertsxs 5.79K subscribers <<----lets work on that :cheers:

4 hours ago, WheresHotBoat said:

Disappointing to hear that they were probably forced to leave the Speed out of this comparison now. Guessing they got a phone call and threat, pee pee move in my opinion. The short clips, looks like the Speed wasn't too far off of the drag race either.

Not just a pee pee move. Freedom of speech doesn’t exist in that company I guess. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This is absolutely unbelievable to me. Why would the guy that thinks his side by side is the best in the world not let it compete in a simple shootout? More to this story or did they simply get threatened? 

This is absolutely unbelievable to me. Why would the guy that thinks his side by side is the best in the world not let it compete in a simple shootout? More to this story or did they simply get threatened? 
I think they got bribed:

image.png

Or...

Said owner got super butt-hurt that his wasn't winning like Robby said it would and they decided to just not include it:

image.png

RG replied directly in a few FB threads, his "concerns" on a fair shootout were roughly the following:

* This car was setup for e85 and Speed key from the factory, that means the clutching and ECU are not how they should be because the owner is running regular fuel and does not have the Speed Key. That's why it was so low in HP, and looked slow, etc.

* RG feels you need to compare apple to apples. Not a 4 seater vs 2 seaters, NA vs Turbo, etc. He said some cars were not stock, but that's not true, they were confirmed to all be stock models by their owners.

* 170* Oil Temp is not optimal, you need to be at 190*  :blink:

Those were the main items, the other comment made was to let a racer drive the car vs the average joe. That's a lame comment to make, his customer base is largely, average joes.

My take away is this....it was not a scientific experiment in a controlled lab, its a bunch of guys wanting to compare their SXS for bragging rights and to GENIUNLY KNOW what works better in what areas.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know 2 seats will be faster then 4 seaters and 4 seaters will feel more stable then 2 seaters.

RG just comes off as a huge douche in what he did to that owner and that group of enthusiasts pressuring them however he did.

81optr.jpg

Was it a Sease and decest letter that stopped it?

Chicken shiat move by Robbie either way.

This is a post from the car's owner in the shootout.

"Here is the new thread you can bash on me for removing the Speed from the shootout!

You are Damned if you do and you are damned if you don’t in this group I swear lol!

You all have turned something very fun and exciting into so much drama!

1. There is nothing wrong with my car!

2. Speed does not feel that we did a proper Dyno test on my car, and in fairness to them We did the test at 170 deg, because that’s what I was told by Speed is the correct oil temp for power.

However now having close to 200mi I can tell you 190 deg is when the car wakes up. So if you do a Dyno test, do it at 190deg!

3. Speed does not feel that we did a proper brake test. You can be the judge of that or you can all wait until Speed comes out and try to smash our track times, and they said they would do it with Stock brakes, not Willwoods.

Speed is a New company, they have more riding on then the line than your curiosity, The car is really great and my opinion is that the car needs refining in the Steering and Brakes. I guess the steering and brakes are made for racers and not the average joe that is used to an EPS system and more sensitive brakes like the other brands.

So if You were Me would you want to wait for Speed to come out to the track and try to beat our lap times and give the group a proper explanation on how these systems on the car works,

OR leave the car in the shootout?

I’ve been super open about the car. The worst thing about it is the drama from all sides.

You can message me, ask questions, whatever, I’ve even let people drive my car and they are stoked!"

Clutching for the Speed Key that still isn't available?  The clutching never locks up to provide full power?

So they set up the clutch for a tune that 90% of the owners will never use?  Makes complete sense.  LMAO!!!

The clutch is adjustable from what I remember from the factory.  So it should not be that hard to set up the clutches for the 91 tune.    He is the one that had all the stuff put into the ECU programming.  So RG can only blame himself for the lack of performance in the engine department.   

So a UTV should only be tested by professional drivers so they can give you their professional opinion?  How does that help you customer base of drivers?

So they set up the clutch for a tune that 90% of the owners will never use?  Makes complete sense.  LMAO!!!

The clutch is adjustable from what I remember from the factory.  So it should not be that hard to set up the clutches for the 91 tune.    He is the one that had all the stuff put into the ECU programming.  So RG can only blame himself for the lack of performance in the engine department.   

So a UTV should only be testing by professional drivers so they can give you their professional opinion?  How does that help you customer base of drivers?
If we're just basing it off of professional results...

Can Am wins.

If we're just basing it off of professional results...

Can Am wins.
LOL!   I wonder if Can Am will have some Maverick R's racing at the Rage at the River Race in Laughlin.  This is where RG will be racing the Bandits. 

So a UTV should only be tested by professional drivers so they can give you their professional opinion?  How does that help you customer base of drivers?
Hey SS given enough beers would you count me as a professional driver once I get my Speed?

Back