Speed UTV

That's a real bummer on the dyno numbers. You're not putting four people in those cars and duning with ease.. I guess that's why there was a warning that these aren't built for the dunes.. I see people all talking about "just wait for the speed key" but correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't that void the warranty?

I wonder what he has planned for his Speed "dune edition". I can't see RG swallowing the fact he's the slowest side-by-side out in the dunes.
I think you can get the "white glove" warranty that covers the Speed key.   RG is banking on the Speed Key tune to be enough power for the dune crowd.  Only problem is fuel mileage is much worse with E85 and the Speed UTV is already going to be guzzling fuel with just a regular tune in the dunes. 

RG will at some point have to come with a different motor package. 

All this speed key talk, so many cars out there now. Who has this magical key and who's willing to haul the mail with it?! Someone should've ordered a couple engines on the side! 

I think you can get the "white glove" warranty that covers the Speed key.   RG is banking on the Speed Key tune to be enough power for the dune crowd.  Only problem is fuel mileage is much worse with E85 and the Speed UTV is already going to be guzzling fuel with just a regular tune in the dunes. 

RG will at some point have to come with a different motor package. 
Even with the speed key, that drivetrain loss is crazy. Seems like with the speed key it would be just a little above what that Maverick was putting down stock.

Even with the speed key, that drivetrain loss is crazy. Seems like with the speed key it would be just a little above what that Maverick was putting down stock.
Will be pretty close.  I bet the Maverick would probably still beat it up Olds.    

Still unknown how the clutching will be with the Speed key and how the belts will do with the extra hp.   

All this speed key talk, so many cars out there now. Who has this magical key and who's willing to haul the mail with it?! Someone should've ordered a couple engines on the side! 
I think there is around 100 cars delivered.

Nick from Chupacabra is supposed to get his Speed key before he heads to Glamis next month.   

Nick from Chupacabra is supposed to get his Speed key before he heads to Glamis next month.   
bait-fishing.gif

It hasn't happened, until its happened with anything SPEED UTV.

Good lord...LOL

That's a real bummer on the dyno numbers. You're not putting four people in those cars and duning with ease.. I guess that's why there was a warning that these aren't built for the dunes.. I see people all talking about "just wait for the speed key" but correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't that void the warranty?

I wonder what he has planned for his Speed "dune edition". I can't see RG swallowing the fact he's the slowest side-by-side out in the dunes.
Weird that a SxS not built for the dunes was being Deliverd at the SAND Show.

I believe the Speed key increases boost to around 25 psi which will require much more fuel in a car that already has fuel delivery issues. 
Won’t this be adding more fuel to the fire? 🔥 

I believe the Speed key increases boost to around 25 psi which will require much more fuel in a car that already has fuel delivery issues. 
Won’t this be adding more fuel to the fire? 🔥 
What fuel delivery issues do the have? The 1 leaking sensor? 

Input shaft on the sequential gearbox? That would make it easier, not harder as the input would be spinning slower unless it's overdriven (I don't think any SxS CVT is below 1:1, but could be mistaken).

Also, just saw this on the website:

View attachment 81671

Always been this way?  Everyone going to have to mix with some 100 octane unleaded (to save the cat)?
Guess you can't own one if you live in AZ.  Nearly all premium pumps are 91.

One couple was in what I would say their late 60's and their number was way up there  ... somehow  I don't think they will still be driving when that car hits production
Easy there @Fullthrottleguy on us late sixty folks Lord willing I plan on still driving in the desert when I am 80 +  just saying.

Thanks for your input on what you observed at the SSSS I trust your judgment you seem to have a great eye for detail.

Easy there @Fullthrottleguy on us late sixty folks Lord willing I plan on still driving in the desert when I am 80 +  just saying.

Thanks for your input on what you observed at the SSSS I trust your judgment you seem to have a great eye for detail.
Ya. Cruising along 15mph in the fast lane on sand highway. Can't see over the steering wheel. A line of cars behind you with your turn signal on.

Back