Speed UTV

The CVT complicates this, as the input shaft is driven by the secondary clutch.

The CVT complicates this, as the input shaft is driven by the secondary clutch.
Input shaft on the sequential gearbox? That would make it easier, not harder as the input would be spinning slower unless it's overdriven (I don't think any SxS CVT is below 1:1, but could be mistaken).

Also, just saw this on the website:

image.png

Always been this way?  Everyone going to have to mix with some 100 octane unleaded (to save the cat)?

Shifting on the fly was what he claimed and now it has changed to a not recommended or don't do.  No surprise on the change as Speed can't afford to fix transmissions constantly under warranty. 

In the meantime, Canam took the new Maverick to the overall and the top three spots. 
Competition was light, but they still won overall, and they all finished. 
Better than anything Robby can claim. 

Last edited by a moderator:
In the meantime, Canam took the new Maverick to the overall and the top three spots. 
Competition was light, but they still won overall, and they all finished. 
Better than anything Robby can claim. 
No we only talk about how the tall knuckle design of the new Maverick is not going to work and rocks and sticks are going to get jammed in them.   LOL!

Prices on allot of models are dropping, seen a recent ad from berts where they had 10k off msrp of this year models...hahah

Love it, performance goes up and prices go down for the majority of the available models.

UTV fanboys are as bad as iPhone fanboys...

Canam   211WHP 

Speed    150WHP

I thought it would be closer than that.  That's a huge difference.    
CVTs rob hp to the wheels.   I think most are around 30%.   

The DCT is way better at only a 13% loss.  Much more efficient than I would of thought.   

Reactions: FOG
I wonder what sort of traction control is on these, when I drove mine in 2wd it was a noticeable difference from 4wd, I didn't feel any sort of traction control.

I wonder if they didn't know how to get it out of 4wd? 

One take away I got from that video, is all the haters talking about Speeds spare parts, and Can Am couldn't even get these guys a tire or tire wheel combo.

Also, he says, he thinks his was made on a Friday, since he has a couple of issues. Wonder what they are.

I wonder what sort of traction control is on these, when I drove mine in 2wd it was a noticeable difference from 4wd, I didn't feel any sort of traction control.

I wonder if they didn't know how to get it out of 4wd? 

One take away I got from that video, is all the haters talking about Speeds spare parts, and Can Am couldn't even get these guys a tire or tire wheel combo.

Also, he says, he thinks his was made on a Friday, since he has a couple of issues. Wonder what they are.
Spare tire and wheel is not something most dealers stock and would have to order.  So no surprise he did not have one available that day.  Especially when the dealer are just now starting to get them delivered.  I am sure he will do more of a review once he can go more than a few miles before putting a giant gash in tire sidewall after a few miles.  Those ITP tires either suck or he could not see the big sharp rock on the trail.  LOL!    

Can Am probably had a few loose bolts that were missed on the assembly line.  When he does his video he will talk about whatever issues he has with the Can Am.  

In the video they were talking about some torque limiter programed into the ECU.  If RG or some one from Speed was there they could of hooked up the computer and removed it.  

Larue builds some fast UTVs.  

Input shaft on the sequential gearbox? That would make it easier, not harder as the input would be spinning slower unless it's overdriven (I don't think any SxS CVT is below 1:1, but could be mistaken).

Also, just saw this on the website:

View attachment 81671

Always been this way?  Everyone going to have to mix with some 100 octane unleaded (to save the cat)?
Speed needs a proof reader for the web and manuals ...

That's a real bummer on the dyno numbers. You're not putting four people in those cars and duning with ease.. I guess that's why there was a warning that these aren't built for the dunes.. I see people all talking about "just wait for the speed key" but correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't that void the warranty?

I wonder what he has planned for his Speed "dune edition". I can't see RG swallowing the fact he's the slowest side-by-side out in the dunes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back