Speed UTV

No surprise on the brakes.  I have a feeling that brake pad change did not make it to these cars. 

I saw some saying theirs are leaking oil from oil tank cap.   
There's one guy that posted he had an oil leak, It overheated in 4 minutes, and it got a flat tire. He later defends it and says they're all minor issues and he's happy as chit with it though

Now that there will be 100 or more in the wild the fun begins.   
Seen some initial reviews coming in:

dirtslinger-jpg.275637

Riverdave video walkaround:

https://www.facebook.com/1609278200/posts/pfbid02ovr5DbCwTL53G2vPvPYvJymP8zLee74PSMLdaa9NjP8aKxaHAMjZbPhgDNgzPkxKl/?mibextid=cr9u03

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what the FB post is, but that is my initial review of my car. Consensus is removing the windshield like we were told, will allow air into the cab, and firewall, and remove that negative pressure in the cab. I can't really confirm since 2 of my fans were not working.

I know a lot of cars with radiators in the back don't like windshields, but I've seen quite a few Prerunners with rear mounted radiators, and they make it work somehow, so I'm not sure what the solution here would be to run a windshield and be able to keep the car cool in elevated outside temps.

The seeping oil cap, I really don't care much about, maybe the O-ring isn't seated correctly? The fans, are a bummer, but I'm not super disappointed about that, chit happens with new cars, not often, but it does, so I'll chalk that one up to a fluke.

I'm mostly disappointed in the windshield design.

The "bones" of the car are spectacular handling wise, chassis, cockpit, and power. 

Being an early buyer, and sort of a "guinea pig" I'm patient with the small issues, and price point I paid.

I will say though, that being able to call Robby, and have him facetime with me to diagnose the fans, and where to look for fuses, relays, wiring connections, is great, he does care about these cars and the people who bought them.

I know people like pics, I was having fun with the car, and busy trying to figure out fans, and spending some time with my Mom because it was her birthday, so I only took a few pictures, and the tucked it into it's temporary garage.

Resized_20230917_175520.jpeg

Resized_20230917_180938.jpeg

Resized_20230918_085306.jpeg

Resized_20230918_091222.jpeg

Resized_20230918_204719.jpeg

Resized_20230918_204845.jpeg

Not sure what the FB post is, but that is my initial review of my car. Consensus is removing the windshield like we were told, will allow air into the cab, and firewall, and remove that negative pressure in the cab. I can't really confirm since 2 of my fans were not working.

I know a lot of cars with radiators in the back don't like windshields, but I've seen quite a few Prerunners with rear mounted radiators, and they make it work somehow, so I'm not sure what the solution here would be to run a windshield and be able to keep the car cool in elevated outside temps.

The seeping oil cap, I really don't care much about, maybe the O-ring isn't seated correctly? The fans, are a bummer, but I'm not super disappointed about that, chit happens with new cars, not often, but it does, so I'll chalk that one up to a fluke.

I'm mostly disappointed in the windshield design.

The "bones" of the car are spectacular handling wise, chassis, cockpit, and power. 

Being an early buyer, and sort of a "guinea pig" I'm patient with the small issues, and price point I paid.

I will say though, that being able to call Robby, and have him facetime with me to diagnose the fans, and where to look for fuses, relays, wiring connections, is great, he does care about these cars and the people who bought them.

I know people like pics, I was having fun with the car, and busy trying to figure out fans, and spending some time with my Mom because it was her birthday, so I only took a few pictures, and the tucked it into it's temporary garage.

View attachment 80978

View attachment 80979

View attachment 80980

View attachment 80981

View attachment 80982

View attachment 80983
Venting the windshield frame near the dash might help.  Otherwise some type of air scoops on the roof that direct air flow into the radiator. 

Car looks good. 

Venting the windshield frame near the dash might help.  Otherwise some type of air scoops on the roof that direct air flow into the radiator. 

Car looks good. 
Thanks, the little bit I drove it (30 miles), it's no joke, it does work, and feels ridiculously stable thru big whoops, and the small bump compliance was unexpectedly good.

I was in the Speed Booth Friday night when Robbie was unveiling two cars.  I have to tell you, it felt weird.  Something out of a circus in the early 1900's, I was waiting for the one-legging cyclopes lady to come out next.  He also made his son stand up there with him, poor kid.

Cars do look good, the 110" 2 seater was pretty cool to see.  Of course, he had to tell everyone that nobody in the industry has a car like this..............
I was there too and it was awkward. No cheering or clapping. Don't know why he had Max climb up there with him.

RG hasn't posted on IG in 4 days. Odd.

Thanks, the little bit I drove it (30 miles), it's no joke, it does work, and feels ridiculously stable thru big whoops, and the small bump compliance was unexpectedly good.
In the videos I have seen you can see he set up the shocks to have really good small bump compliance.  I imagine it fees really cushy. 

Real test will be when you hit the chatter bump trails in Havasu.  

How long until your wife figures out you will be driving it more than her?  LOL!!

Welcome to the fun of SXS life!!!!

So awesome to see some cars delivered and hearing first hand account, thanks for sharing

In the videos I have seen you can see he set up the shocks to have really good small bump compliance.  I imagine it fees really cushy. 

Real test will be when you hit the chatter bump trails in Havasu.  

How long until your wife figures out you will be driving it more than her?  LOL!!

Welcome to the fun of SXS life!!!!
The chatter bumps is what I'm talking about, I have them all over the Topock area, they basically disappeared.

I am glad to hear early owners are happy with the performance, stability and handling  - having the car do well in the chatter is good sign that they dialed the suspension IMO. 

But I am really surprised by the number of problems albeit small like overheating, no fan turn on, leaks etc.  These are essentially  "hand prepped" cars. I am sure they were rushed, but the "top people" at Speed had their hands on them  - thats disappointing. 

I guess this car is the most scrutinized new launch in years, but part of that is RG overpromising, so anything less than a "factory car" is a disappointment.  Although I have only owned a couple SxS's our group has a lot of them ad not one have a problem out of the gate. Sure after a few roll overs they experience problems  .. but so many are like factory cars 

I am resetting my personal thoughts to think of the Speed cars as one offs and there will always be little nits 

Apparently so per the Speed Forum.  A stop ride with maybe 100 cars delivered.

Hopefully it is a quick fix so it does not delay deliveries.  Otherwise lots of Speed golden ticket holders could be without a Speed car until next year. 
"Contact your dealer". That's funny. So are all these folks gonna have to take the cars to Havasu or what? 

Back