Speed UTV

My SSSS Two cents ...I was surprised how many booths other than Speed had speed cars. I went around a couple of cars pretty well.  That was good to see, aftermarket support ( but sounds like no love for Gibson?)

I felt overall they were pretty nice and finished well, but no way tier 1 quality of fit and finish, more like a sand car  than a Polaris or a ford  - a bit rough around the edges.   Some pretty obvious choices on were expertise and focus was - It was on the chassis and performance. Solid chassis but I still hate the a-arms mounting to the alum dif  especially since its not virgin Aluminum (just cost and time to fix), and the door sag was worse than a clapped 1970  Cadillac coupe de'ville on every car I touched.

I was reminded how traditional the car is compared to some other multi-generational  UTV's, but thats not bad  I still hate the belt and it sounds exactly like my gardeners Leaf blower  but with more HP

Robbie was running around in his Speed Kicks, and he was very nice  and accommodating and lots of proud owners were happy seeing their cars, and he was busy as heck but still taking time with them - That had the small business feel  which I hope translates to personal after sales service ...

I do think after a bad roll over its probably the only UTV that the insurance company won't have to total (assuming anyone can get parts)

I saw a number of people wearing Speed shirts with their car number on them and I think the lowest number was in the 1500's .. My guess is they will be at a couple more SSSS before they see their cars.  One couple was in what I would say their late 60's and their number was way up there  ... somehow  I don't think they will still be driving when that car hits production ...

Lastly, Someone still needs to explain to me how anyone bigger than a small 10 year old can fit in the back seat and not feet like they are in a coffin?
The answer to the rear seat is not your worry if you are driving or get the front passenger seat.  LOL!

So 50+ cars delivered over the weekend and no one is posting pictures of their new rides out in the desert.   

Did RG tell them no posting?

So 50+ cars delivered over the weekend and no one is posting pictures of their new rides out in the desert.   

Calm down over there, many people have posted their cars, one guy picked his up Friday night and posted today with 100 miles on it.

My paperwork had NO NDA's in it, I can post whatever I want, as well as everyone else.

I'll post some more soon, I just got home and need to actually do some work.

Resized_20230918_091222.jpeg

Calm down over there, many people have posted their cars, one guy picked his up Friday night and posted today with 100 miles on it.

My paperwork had NO NDA's in it, I can post whatever I want, as well as everyone else.

I'll post some more soon, I just got home and need to actually do some work.

View attachment 80902
Looking good.   Hopefully they got you on your way quickly.  

i think they could not pick them up till saturday night, it was still 100+ out in the desert this weekend. even after waiting for so long a sunday day trip in 100+ degree weather does not sound like fun, 

From what I read Speed was over at the Gibson booth trying to figure it out for them. 
Once again on the Internet, don’t believe everything you read or see They were putting effort into making it right even though maybe they shouldn’t touch it just because they’re not supposed to do anything that would avoid carb compliance and they definitely don’t need any issues with everything they have on their plate.

IMG_2198.png

Once again on the Internet, don’t believe everything you read or see They were putting effort into making it right even though maybe they shouldn’t touch it just because they’re not supposed to do anything that would avoid carb compliance and they definitely don’t need any issues with everything they have on their plate.

View attachment 80919
I know the car would not start.  We were at the Gibson booth early Saturday morning looking at the exhaust they built for it.  The Gibson guy told us it would not start.  @Kat-A-Tonic was with me.  

I see @WheresHotBoat got to take his out for a short ride.   

Now that there will be 100 or more in the wild the fun begins.   
1500-8a44fcbc4381a3cbaf5f9eed0d9d1475.jpg

Back