Speed UTV

That cage is sketchy.....I gotta be honest / The SXS are great but they scare me from a safety factor with that much travel and Horse Power doing the Sand Dunes at high rates of speed VS a traditional sandrail. 

If I ever get another one / I would for sure re do the cage and install some Crow 5 point harnesses and some nice seats.

these things are soo fast now and soo much good suspension that the engineering needs to catch up to the performance. I think they ALL should come with wrist restraints

:poule:

everyone talks chit about stock cages but I have seen them hold up against some gnarly crashes. 

this guys was banged up as all hell but the cage did it’s job. 

Last edited by a moderator:
On a side note. It up to aftermarket companies to make sure their stuff works. Not the manufacturers. Sheesh
Yeah, this is on Gibson! They have no idea how to create an exhaust for the Ferrari of SXS s , ......I mean in all fairness to Gibson, all the R&D had to be done on cars that were never seen or even existed. For YEARS now there were only pictures / deposits and the glimmer of hope that existed in future owners eyes of the absolute Game Changers that were coming

Soo every Back Off !!!!! SPEED UTVs come out of the Crate (from China) ready to go.....You do not need this aftermarket crap to make it shake and bake!

I am thinking from the INCREDIBLE rollout that took place at the show......at least 1 of the 20 folks that got their UTV from their deposits in 2019 will hand it over to the aftermarket companies soo more stuff can be built.

Kudos to Gibson for building an exhaust off of a SXS that has rarely ever been seen !!!!

:poule:

PS: If I was Can Am or Polaris I would give every SPEED ticket holder a credit for their down payment towards a new Can Am or Polaris soo they could dune this season. I feel bad for the people that have been waiting soo long for their cars to be delivered.......to hear you are not even allowed to change the exhaust and void the warranty is CRAZY!!!!!!

On a side note. It up to aftermarket companies to make sure their stuff works. Not the manufacturers. Sheesh
The car would not start and it was throwing codes. Had nothing to do with them throwing on a slip on muffler/exhaust.   Sounds like it was an ECU issue.  

The slip on exhaust gives them a reason to void warranty and make it not their problem though, lol
😂.  I guess the Gibson system removes the cat and perhaps that is why if voids the warranty.  CARB stuff 

Doesn't the Magnussen Moss act apply here ? 
One would think.  Their exhaust would only void everything from the cat and back...

Which is their exhaust. LOL.

Maaaaaaybe drivetrain components from the "extra stress" of the slip on, but if the margin is that thin, not a good look to void the warranty on so public a company.

But, I doubt anyone is surprised.  Robby did similar in his days at AC: he is the sole purveyor of accessories and upgrades for his product.  

I was in the Speed Booth Friday night when Robbie was unveiling two cars.  I have to tell you, it felt weird.  Something out of a circus in the early 1900's, I was waiting for the one-legging cyclopes lady to come out next.  He also made his son stand up there with him, poor kid.

Cars do look good, the 110" 2 seater was pretty cool to see.  Of course, he had to tell everyone that nobody in the industry has a car like this..............

My SSSS Two cents ...I was surprised how many booths other than Speed had speed cars. I went around a couple of cars pretty well.  That was good to see, aftermarket support ( but sounds like no love for Gibson?)

I felt overall they were pretty nice and finished well, but no way tier 1 quality of fit and finish, more like a sand car  than a Polaris or a ford  - a bit rough around the edges.   Some pretty obvious choices on were expertise and focus was - It was on the chassis and performance. Solid chassis but I still hate the a-arms mounting to the alum dif  especially since its not virgin Aluminum (just cost and time to fix), and the door sag was worse than a clapped 1970  Cadillac coupe de'ville on every car I touched.

I was reminded how traditional the car is compared to some other multi-generational  UTV's, but thats not bad  I still hate the belt and it sounds exactly like my gardeners Leaf blower  but with more HP

Robbie was running around in his Speed Kicks, and he was very nice  and accommodating and lots of proud owners were happy seeing their cars, and he was busy as heck but still taking time with them - That had the small business feel  which I hope translates to personal after sales service ...

I do think after a bad roll over its probably the only UTV that the insurance company won't have to total (assuming anyone can get parts)

I saw a number of people wearing Speed shirts with their car number on them and I think the lowest number was in the 1500's .. My guess is they will be at a couple more SSSS before they see their cars.  One couple was in what I would say their late 60's and their number was way up there  ... somehow  I don't think they will still be driving when that car hits production ...

Lastly, Someone still needs to explain to me how anyone bigger than a small 10 year old can fit in the back seat and not feet like they are in a coffin?

Back