Speed UTV

Walked to the Speed display for the big reveal at 7pm of an El Diablo. Eh. But I have numerous friends with Speed UTVs on order. Hope they get then and they are as rad as advertised. 

Walked to the Speed display for the big reveal at 7pm of an El Diablo. Eh. But I have numerous friends with Speed UTVs on order. Hope they get then and they are as rad as advertised. 
So it was just eh?   LOTD and the others were not serving plates of crow?  Lol!

I am more interested in seeing the Bandit.  

So it was just eh?   LOTD and the others were not serving plates of crow?  Lol!

I am more interested in seeing the Bandit.  
Kinda expected a bunch of cheering and claping but didn't see it. Lots of Speed cars under covers, didn't wait around to see them all revealed. 

Kinda expected a bunch of cheering and claping but didn't see it. Lots of Speed cars under covers, didn't wait around to see them all revealed. 
Probably be a lot more cheering tomorrow.

Friday is a calmer and smaller crowd.  

I'm' lost... someone catch me up on when RG will be caught up...? What is the current productions plans... cars/week?

Thanks,

abc

View attachment 80573

Can someone explain where this roll bar is supposed to go?
On the X3 it went into the bed and helped hold it in place.  I am guessing it does the same on the Maverick R

RG doing his d-bag stuff.   That is all he could point out.  

The new Can Am is very beefy and stout looking.  They for sure used thicker material and the frame is way different than the X3.

Say you are Robby Gordon without saying your Robby Gordon. 

30% of my first 10 cars could not finish a light trail ride. 

I have only delivered 100 cars out of the 4000 orders that were promised 3 years ago. 

I will talk chit about another manufactures aesthetic design choice instead of talking about how I addressed my cars shitty brakes that might result in you needing my over engineered roll cage. 

The El Diablo and Bandit are pretty cool. 

Lots of customer cars in the booth.  Some had some cool wraps.  

You can buy that jack from Speed that lifts up the Diablo for $2500.  🤣

IMG_9332.jpeg

IMG_9333.jpeg

Today was pretty crowded. Just saying 
Today was busy at the show.  There were crowds everywhere.  Around 3:30ish the place started to empty out and you could walk around and see stuff.

We were at the Speed area before noon and the beer garden in the Speed VIP area was pretty dead.  Friend I was with got down beer and tacos.   

Went back later to meet another friend that has an El Diablo on order.  We were looking it over  and RG came over to show us how his fancy jack works.  

Last edited by a moderator:
On the X3 it went into the bed and helped hold it in place.  I am guessing it does the same on the Maverick R

RG doing his d-bag stuff.   That is all he could point out.  

The new Can Am is very beefy and stout looking.  They for sure used thicker material and the frame is way different than the X3.
The roll cage terminates to no where, it’s hidden by the plastics as you can see on the other side.  There are pop rivets next to welds. There is a metal stiffener on the a arms to add extra thickness but it’s folded over on itself and welded in place. Why not just make them with thicker material to support the loads instead of what they did?
Bashing Robby isn’t the point, there is no way in hell that cage holds up when you endo at the speeds that car is capable of. It’s got an awesome power train but I wouldn’t be in it unless you spent thousands on necessary upgrades to hold it together. 

Back