Speed UTV

The roll cage terminates to no where, it’s hidden by the plastics as you can see on the other side.  There are pop rivets next to welds. There is a metal stiffener on the a arms to add extra thickness but it’s folded over on itself and welded in place. Why not just make them with thicker material to support the loads instead of what they did?
Bashing Robby isn’t the point, there is no way in hell that cage holds up when you endo at the speeds that car is capable of. It’s got an awesome power train but I wouldn’t be in it unless you spent thousands on necessary upgrades to hold it together. 
I will bet you the cage holds up fine.  You wade up any car at 70+ it ain’t going to feel good.

I did not check but I am guessing those rear tubes bolt onto the bed and frame.   

I sure hope so but it didn’t look like it. Even the view from underneath on the plastic side showed the cage terminating to no where.

just to change things up, who’s ready for Glamis?  First trip in less than five weeks

I sure hope so but it didn’t look like it. Even the view from underneath on the plastic side showed the cage terminating to no where.

just to change things up, who’s ready for Glamis?  First trip in less than five week

What SXS are you getting for the season?  You driving the Honda Talon? 

The roll cage terminates to no where, it’s hidden by the plastics as you can see on the other side.  There are pop rivets next to welds. There is a metal stiffener on the a arms to add extra thickness but it’s folded over on itself and welded in place. Why not just make them with thicker material to support the loads instead of what they did?
Bashing Robby isn’t the point, there is no way in hell that cage holds up when you endo at the speeds that car is capable of. It’s got an awesome power train but I wouldn’t be in it unless you spent thousands on necessary upgrades to hold it together. 
Okay. Are you an engineer by chance? 😎👍🏻

Last edited by a moderator:

just to change things up, who’s ready for Glamis?  First trip in less than five weeks
optical illusion 

Had a good time at the show today. It was huge and packed. Only lasted about 3 hours. 
just like in the past, people are morons and need to finger eff everything. 
saw Shawn at Gibson. Been many years and he’s the same go fast guy. 
ridered and family! 
sandtrap tO close out the day. 
7 hours of driving for 3 hours of show. Probably not again but got what I wanted. 

IMG_2971.jpeg

IMG_2968.jpeg

IMG_2967.jpeg

Had a good time at the show today. It was huge and packed. Only lasted about 3 hours. 
just like in the past, people are morons and need to finger eff everything. 
saw Shawn at Gibson. Been many years and he’s the same go fast guy. 
ridered and family! 
sandtrap tO close out the day. 
7 hours of driving for 3 hours of show. Probably not again but got what I wanted. 

View attachment 80594

View attachment 80595

View attachment 80596
and everyone is touching your car hahah

So if you are lets say golden ticket holder 5000. It will be interesting to see how long until you get your car. 

So they didnt have a show off area like they did last year and the shot that rang around the world with Speed and its broken axle?  Would have been cool to see top 2 dogs and Speed messing around.  Also No reports on rumor mill for Kawi and a turbo H2 motor?

Checked out the CanAm dead tube situation for myself. Ho Lee Fuk. You can reach under the fender and feel the tube. Connected to nothing, and open ended. They didn't even weld a cap on the end. 

That cage is sketchy.....I gotta be honest / The SXS are great but they scare me from a safety factor with that much travel and Horse Power doing the Sand Dunes at high rates of speed VS a traditional sandrail. 

If I ever get another one / I would for sure re do the cage and install some Crow 5 point harnesses and some nice seats.

these things are soo fast now and soo much good suspension that the engineering needs to catch up to the performance. I think they ALL should come with wrist restraints

:poule:

The El Diablo and Bandit are pretty cool. 

Lots of customer cars in the booth.  Some had some cool wraps.  

You can buy that jack from Speed that lifts up the Diablo for $2500.  🤣

View attachment 80581

View attachment 80582

The El Diablo and Bandit are pretty cool. 

Lots of customer cars in the booth.  Some had some cool wraps.  

You can buy that jack from Speed that lifts up the Diablo for $2500.  🤣

View attachment 80581

View attachment 80582
pretty close on aliababa for only 250.00 lmfao

H18dd769c4d884ac183152721d81b09e4S.jpg

Checked out the CanAm dead tube situation for myself. Ho Lee Fuk. You can reach under the fender and feel the tube. Connected to nothing, and open ended. They didn't even weld a cap on the end. 
The X3 had the same thing.   That tube has never done anything.   Only  difference is apparently they don’t bolt it to anything.

Did you check on that cut out display or an actual car? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back