Speed UTV

will be interesting too see what Speed does Next weekend? Will there be a crowd YES.. Will people be disappointed YES will there be more excuses Of course but He will have a crowd of Fan Boys and Haters in the same crowd. I have a Handful of friends that have these cars on order and NONE of them are getting their cars Next weekend and they signed up Years ago.

You guys do realize that there will never be unanimous agreement on what car is better there is always somebody that believes the Corvair was the pinnacle of automotive achievement and if not for that dam news reporter that wrote unsafe at any speed we would all be driving rear engine cars today.

Hell I helped a guy that had his Razor burn to the ground tell me while bandaging his burned Hands that it was the greatest car and his next one he was going to add even more travel, horsepower and a bigger fire extinguisher 
I mean, RG did get inspiration from the Corvair for his rear suspension :biggrin:

image.jpeg

hmmm, are the competitors basically swing axles and SPEED is IRS, ya'll know swingers are the best.... just ask any class 11, 1600 drivers

wpc66fb3a0_06.gif

hmmm, are the competitors basically swing axles and SPEED is IRS, ya'll know swingers are the best.... just ask any class 11, 1600 drivers

We don't use swing axles anymore for the most part, IRS is the only way to go, and I don't think anyone has EVER race a swing axle 1600.

Let’s see, Can Am sends out some 30 to 40 cars with of the hardest riding mofos and gives them free reign to abuse the hell out of the cars and one car manages to break an arm. 

speed guys all lose their chit. 

speed attempts to deliver 10 cars on a trail ride my 06 Rhino could do with my 12 year old daughter at the wheel and 30% of the cars do not finish. 

speed guys all say it’s just part of the growing process. 
Great post/point 👍

What about the Vega? How soon we forget!
I didn't forget, but, despite the garbage engine, I don't consider it a design failure when viewed with other econo cars from the time. I also don't view the Pinto as the rolling incinerator it was made out to be. 

I didn't forget, but, despite the garbage engine, I don't consider it a design failure when viewed with other econo cars from the time. I also don't view the Pinto as the rolling incinerator it was made out to be. 
 My mom won one on The Price is Right, and I can assure you, it was a complete POS from the day she drove it home. Skip to 2:25,

33 minutes ago, Surf and Dune said:

My mom won one on The Price is Right, and I can assure you, it was a complete POS from the day she drove it home. Skip to 2:25,

I had several family and friends who got good service out of them. Remember it was a $2K +/- car. It certainly was not a Lincoln LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Back