Speed UTV

55 minutes ago, South Bay said:

I was gonna give the Ford Maverick some  chit, but then I saw this:

We had a '73 Maverick  Grabber in this color scheme. They were a decent car at the time.

maxresdefault.jpg

RG says 65 cars at the Speed SxS Support Show

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxCIzduJZ-E/
The logistics of that will prove interesting.
65 cars, 3 days of show...

I assume most will show up Saturday or Sunday since doc/title/license/financing is a 3 hour ordeal.  Even if it's spread out by appt only and everyone cooperates, that's 195 man-hours of boolshikaka in 23 hours of show, so you'd need at least 9 people will be ushering people through this non-stop for the entire show.  If 50 of the 65 show up Saturday, you'd need 15+...

Will the people buying have to pay entry?  Parking with trailer fee?  I assume you can otherwise drive to Havasu or somewhere else to pick it up?

65 cars, 3 days of show...

I assume most will show up Saturday or Sunday since doc/title/license/financing is a 3 hour ordeal.  Even if it's spread out by appt only and everyone cooperates, that's 195 man-hours of boolshikaka in 23 hours of show, so you'd need at least 9 people will be ushering people through this non-stop for the entire show.  If 50 of the 65 show up Saturday, you'd need 15+...

Will the people buying have to pay entry?  Parking with trailer fee?  I assume you can otherwise drive to Havasu or somewhere else to pick it up?
There is no Doc/title/license/financing at the show, buyers are doing an MSO thru Speed out of North Carolina, all of that has been done ahead of the show, I've already done mine. Title, registration and sales tax are being taken care of at which ever DMV the buyer is registering their vehicle in.

I've been told, expect about an hour to go over the car, and stuff, then roll them out after the show and load up.

I will give you guys the exact timing and details after I pick up.

There is no Doc/title/license/financing at the show, buyers are doing an MSO thru Speed out of North Carolina, all of that has been done ahead of the show, I've already done mine. Title, registration and sales tax are being taken care of at which ever DMV the buyer is registering their vehicle in.

I've been told, expect about an hour to go over the car, and stuff, then roll them out after the show and load up.

I will give you guys the exact timing and details after I pick up.
Huh.  Interesting.  I hope you have AAA, if not, get a membership to save that DMV nightmare/headache.  :biggrin:

Is there a preferred financing company, or through anyone?  Banks accepting the MSO and rolling with it?

Huh.  Interesting.  I hope you have AAA, if not, get a membership to save that DMV nightmare/headache.  :biggrin:

Is there a preferred financing company, or through anyone?  Banks accepting the MSO and rolling with it?
In CA AAA will not register it.   I went through this fun when I was registering my X3 that I purchased in AZ.   I had to make two trips to the DMV to get it registered.  They messed up the paperwork the first time.  

AZ you can probably use a 3rd party service to get it registered.  

I believe Freedome Road is the financer, I'm paying cash, so I don't have any information about that.

I'm registering in AZ, and the DMV there is easy, so no need for AAA, but yes, I of course have an AAA membership.

I believe Freedome Road is the financer, I'm paying cash, so I don't have any information about that.

I'm registering in AZ, and the DMV there is easy, so no need for AAA, but yes, I of course have an AAA membership.
Great to hear you are getting yore car!  the logistics will be interesting with all those trailers in the parking lot  - herding cats with excited buyers :-)   

Seems like someone should record the "orientation" so buyers can review later when the adrenalin rush is over.  Will they actually let you test drive the car and do a complete once over before loading up?  I imagine  if there are issues in the first couple weeks service will be hard  given the volume is  3-4x what he has done in the past

enjoy!

Reactions: FOG
Great to hear you are getting yore car!  the logistics will be interesting with all those trailers in the parking lot  - herding cats with excited buyers :-)   

Seems like someone should record the "orientation" so buyers can review later when the adrenalin rush is over.  Will they actually let you test drive the car and do a complete once over before loading up?  I imagine  if there are issues in the first couple weeks service will be hard  given the volume is  3-4x what he has done in the past

enjoy!
I'm hoping most people are impatient and pick up Sunday, and I'm the lone guy picking up.......

I have no idea where I'm supposed to park a truck and trailer, I think in the main lot, then I'll just drive over at 4 to where the unload is.

I plan on taking mine off the trailer Sunday night when I get back to AZ, and doing a little night ride, a little ride Monday, then back home Monday evening.

I'm hoping most people are impatient and pick up Sunday, and I'm the lone guy picking up.......

I have no idea where I'm supposed to park a truck and trailer, I think in the main lot, then I'll just drive over at 4 to where the unload is.

I plan on taking mine off the trailer Sunday night when I get back to AZ, and doing a little night ride, a little ride Monday, then back home Monday evening.
Hopefully they arrange so you can park your truck and trailer near the pick up area.  It is going to be a zoo as the vendors will be tearing down their booths and trying to get all their stuff loaded once the show ends on Sunday. 

If Friday night is an option to pick up your car I would consider doing it then.   The show is not crowded and be much easier. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FOG
Good luck to @WheresHotBoat and @TWhite in getting their New Toys.

Of course there will a hicup or delay, parking sucks just parking a truck with nothing attached....but the wait is over.

Im happy for you both.

Haha...even leaving Glamis at the end of a weekend can be difficult, but there's a reason we still do it.

Drive them bad boys and report back...

:cheers:

Deliver 65 cars in over 3 days?

Even if all paid in full and paperwork already pre-set, it will be a chitshow! Can't wait to see the video! 

Good luck to @WheresHotBoat and @TWhite in getting their New Toys.

Of course there will a hicup or delay, parking sucks just parking a truck with nothing attached....but the wait is over.

Im happy for you both.

Haha...even leaving Glamis at the end of a weekend can be difficult, but there's a reason we still do it.

Drive them bad boys and report back...

:cheers:
I'm actually not getting one. I just saw that posted on a for sale ad (race dezert). Ready for delivery at Sand Show.

In CA AAA will not register it.   I went through this fun when I was registering my X3 that I purchased in AZ.   I had to make two trips to the DMV to get it registered.  They messed up the paperwork the first time.  

AZ you can probably use a 3rd party service to get it registered.  
Huh. I had no issues with an out of state buggy… :dunno:

Rumor is these are given to the Speed UTV customers to use while driving their new cars.  These shoes are specially manufactured to endure miles and miles of desert terrain without a single failure.  

View attachment 80206

Huh. I had no issues with an out of state buggy… :dunno:
DMV had to inspect my X3 and make sure it had all the CARB and EPA stickers and the vin number and engine number matched the paperwork from the dealer.   

Back