Speed UTV

Sounds good. It'll get driven the first night, and the following morning, but then it's gonna have to sit for a few weeks due to Family stuff.
You think it will arrive as said, make it to the dealer for PDI, and delivered to you exactly as "planned"?

You think it will arrive as said, make it to the dealer for PDI, and delivered to you exactly as "planned"?
I didn't buy from a dealer, so no, probably not making it to the dealership.

It's here in the US, and it's being PDI'd as we speak.

And........I've already learned, "as planned" with Speed is a loose term, so we shall see. It's not a far drive for me to the SSSS to pick it up, so I'm gonna gamble and say yes, it will be delivered as promised.

Keep ya posted.

I know Robby said they will have 165 at SSSS and 100/week from now on, but how many are actually delivered to customers at this point?  Have we broken 100 yet?

I’ve been out of the SPEED loop for some time, but the video of them lifted up made me think the darn RZRs have a poor design and significant body roll 

abc

Decades behind huh? lol. What are we talking Rhino days. Or wait, was it the RZR 800 days? What a whopping leap ahead that was. 50" wide was fun and those were great for a Joey Chitwood impersonation. Augered one into the sand at the Olgilby kitty track with 6' berms. Good times. 

Razor 2.jpg

razor 4.jpg

9 hours ago, ANGRYBUTTCRACK said:

Meh.  That was Robby's cherry-picked comparison.  Curious how much droop travel happened there in that comparison, but I assume the PoPo has more. 

Track width change doesn't matter as much as he says: when the suspension is fully drooped out, there can't be any load on it.  When there's load on it, the track width is at max/near max. You can't roll a vehicle that doesn't have any load on the suspension.

Is track width change a negative trait?  Yes.  Is it worth switching to plunging axles and semi-trailing arms and doesn't have the other geometry benefits a multi-link has?  I don't think so.  Robby disagrees.

Meh.  That was Robby's cherry-picked comparison.  Curious how much droop travel happened there in that comparison, but I assume the PoPo has more. 

Track width change doesn't matter as much as he says: when the suspension is fully drooped out, there can't be any load on it.  When there's load on it, the track width is at max/near max. You can't roll a vehicle that doesn't have any load on the suspension.

Is track width change a negative trait?  Yes.  Is it worth switching to plunging axles and semi-trailing arms and doesn't have the other geometry benefits a multi-link has?  I don't think so.  Robby 

you’re pre-putting a lot less money into the suspension on the speed then the suspension on a Polaris. More so in the years past models, but even still in today’s models, I see people upgrading pro r models even.  Very few people get by with leaving them stock you have to basically be babying those things I would think most people on these threads ride a little harder than the average And everyone I know that has one in our groups has already switched out arms trailing links, etc. etc. thousands of more dollars. Not needed in the speed. 

You can see the lower arm mount in the back is still on the car....and the lower arm is well, Not.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Back