Speed UTV

Of those taking deliver of their Speed UTVs I am guessing not many will be hitting the dunes.  

On another note it looks like we will hit 400 pages before 100 cars are delivered.  Another milestone about to be crossed.  LMAO!!!!
:thumbsdown:

Booo.

34 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

LOL.  I don't get why you'd pot-shot a SxS company in a post about a non-SxS part.  Talk about an extreme case of asspainitis.  "Check out my new garage door opener!  Also: Sylvester Stallone sucks!"   :kenk:

That made me actually LOL

:thumbsdown:

Booo.

We should see some in Glamis, but I would not expect to see a ton of them until they deliver more than a few hundred cars. 

It will be a sea of Can Am and Polaris with a sprinkling of the other brands.   We will see a lot more of the new Can Am.  Friend's dad works at the dealer in Havasu and they already received one.  

Reactions: FOG
Seems like there should be a SPEED thread and an "I hate Robby" thread in here.
I think you should start a Speed thread once you have taken delivery and taken it for your first rip in the desert. 

Sounds good. It'll get driven the first night, and the following morning, but then it's gonna have to sit for a few weeks due to Family stuff.
Hopefully it is not obnoxiously hot out when you go for that first drive.  

Patent info here. 

https://image-ppubs.uspto.gov/dirsearch-public/print/downloadPdf/20230271496

image.png

image.png

Interesting.  I assume there's some sort of slipyoke in the rear-facing axles.  If not, yeesh.  Any bushing deflection will result in tears.

I don't see any accomodation for misalignment in the axleshafts on the hub side.  Wonder if deflection of the trailing arm will cause issues with the gears separating...?

image.png

Going to need to have a lot of support in those trailing arms and the portal assembly to make sure those gears don't flex apart (bearing on the end of the pinion will help with this, but it's in a crowded-looking spot).  Since the gearing is located in the suspension, all torque loads will need to be carried by the suspension, which will be interesting with a semi-trailing arm since it has no vertical separation.  

Reminds me of Vemco's V-drive:

https://www.blueovaltrucks.com/tech-articles/the_vemco_v-drive_system/

image.png

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This is from Sean, at Weddle

Actually...

The LS idea came to him while he was standing in our shop looking at our display transaxles and saw them with LS bell housings. He turned to me and said an LS engine and our transaxle would probably fit in his Speed chassis.

To which I replied with: "Hell yeah it will! Just tell me how many you need"

That is a 100% true story.

I’m just curious how they will deliver 55 cars at the SSSS. Where will they put 55 cars? 

I’m just curious how they will deliver 55 cars at the SSSS. Where will they put 55 cars? 
You didn't hear that the show has changed its name to the Sand Sports Speed Super Show (SSSSS).  Free hot dogs to all owners, the rest of us have to stay in the parking lot now and look through a chainlink fence..............

Back