Speed UTV

SPEED Corporate Marketing Inspiration / Vision ! I searched SPEED on you tube and their marketing departments vision came out.....Just replace Heinz with SPEED and you will see the genius behind the campaign! 

They have a lot of folks singing this tune for sure! If I was lucky enough to get one of these Game Changers.....I would wrap it with Heinz logos!.............. You could even have your dune group wait up for you playing that song as you pull up to the next dune stop with a spectacular entrance!!!!

So I guess the Anaheim dealership location RG was slated to take over fell through and in an instagram video he mentioned a Corona location as they were doing CARB tune testing for the 2024 models.  

100 cars delivered at the Sand Show should be a sight to see.   They must be hiring the tent campers along the Santa Ana river to help with the deliveries.  🤣🤣🤣🤣

Still no mention of dealers being set up to do warranty work.  

Just another diversion away from the important stuff. Like taking care of your customers and refunding their deposits back to those that want them. 

You can relay this to RG since he blocked me on ig. 

No happy customers, no happy business. 

Get back to Driving, that’s your strength. A PR person, not so much . 

If you read the comments, there's some heavy hitters in there congratulating on it, sounds like for TT, and whatever else, it's a huge deal.
I am thinking it is for the trophy truck as well.  Different gears than other portals.   Mason Motorsports calls it a novel idea and a cool idea..   

IMG_9239.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just something for the deposit holders. If you used a credit card, you may be able to reverse the charge back to your account. If you want out. Having to sell your deposit is a joke. 

I don't see anyone on here looking to sell their spot, have you posted this info over on the FB pages?

Cool part, but usual RG/Speed deek measuring with half truths. 

A portal assembly doesn’t solve the problem a “goofy over the top knuckle” does. In this design, it actually makes it worse since scrub radius not only increases, it increases outside of the steering axis, increases steering feedback over bumps, increases the torque the tire sees for more torque steer, and increases side load leverage on the upper/lower pivots.  

image.jpeg

So, it literally exacerbates every problem the “goofy over the top knuckle” solved. There were many benefits to the portal he could’ve pointed out, but since everyone’s talking about the Can Am, his feelings got hurt, so he had to pot-shot it. Someone on the engineering team needs to take his phone away or admin-approve all of his posts, because Robby literally whipped his chit out against Mandingo here. Jesus. 

I am thinking it is for the trophy truck as well.  Different gears than other portals.   Mason Motorsports calls it a novel idea and a cool idea..   

View attachment 79580
Adding camber there would make scrub radius even more worserer (would move the wheel’s contact patch centerline farther away from the steering axis). Adding it at the upper heim (which any adjustable upper/lower wishbone suspension already has) would offset some of the increase in scrub radius (though it would increase SAI and CV angles). Vehicle dynamics wise on a driven wheel, scrub radius has more negative attributes than SAI. If the camber curve is good, I doubt anyone will dial in huge negative camber on their SxS, so we’re talking maybe a 5% loss in travel if the CV was maxxed when you started…

That being said, if you shortened the upper arm to increase SAI, then used the offset portal to decrease negative camber, that might be cool. Dunno, I don’t really like them for the go-fast stuff SxSs are good at because of all the negatives above.

Glass half full: portals reduce stress on everything upstream of them drivetrain wise. Will definitely help the crawl ratio out on the Speed (which seems undergeared). They increase ground clearance without lifting the suspension. 

Cool part, but usual RG/Speed deek measuring with half truths. 

A portal assembly doesn’t solve the problem a “goofy over the top knuckle” does. In this design, it actually makes it worse since scrub radius not only increases, it increases outside of the steering axis, increases steering feedback over bumps, increases the torque the tire sees for more torque steer, and increases side load leverage on the upper/lower pivots.  

View attachment 79666

So, it literally exacerbates every problem the “goofy over the top knuckle” solved. There were many benefits to the portal he could’ve pointed out, but since everyone’s talking about the Can Am, his feelings got hurt, so he had to pot-shot it. Someone on the engineering team needs to take his phone away or admin-approve all of his posts, because Robby literally whipped his chit out against Mandingo here. Jesus. 
Strange that every Top TT, and Ultra4 vehicle is using portals.

FYI, the patent is not for the actual portal, it's for the miter gears within the Portal. Have you seen some of the top, if not very top TT designer's complimenting the design?

This patent is not pointed towards the Speed SXS or any SXS for that matter. 

Strange that every Top TT, and Ultra4 vehicle is using portals.

FYI, the patent is not for the actual portal, it's for the miter gears within the Portal. Have you seen some of the top, if not very top TT designer's complimenting the design?

This patent is not pointed towards the Speed SXS or any SXS for that matter. 
Sure, but those top teams designed around the portals and also didn’t shet on Can Am when they talked about it. A Can Am with its “goofy spindle” will see less negative attributes to portals is my point. Less leverage for the portal trying to twist the control arms, less side loading, less scrub radius, less SAI resulting in more contact patch and effective caster.

Like I said, lots of benefits to a portal, but  saying you don’t need “goofy over the top spindles” then showing patent drawings with huge scrub radius (which he went on and on and on about in that Speed vs Pro R “comparison”) is dumb and petty. 

Guess I shouldn’t be surprised

They increase ground clearance without lifting the suspension. 
Mud Boggers in the south have been using Aftermarket Portals on their Lifted SXS'S for YEARS.

RG thinks that posting about a Patent unrelated to UTVs somehow is a WIN over the other UTV mfgs....

Well the fanboys ate it up for sure..LOL.

It will be an interesting season with all these Speed UTV being used in Glamis....even if its less then 200 we are going to all hear about it.

Mud Boggers in the south have been using Aftermarket Portals on their Lifted SXS'S for YEARS.

RG thinks that posting about a Patent unrelated to UTVs somehow is a WIN over the other UTV mfgs....

It will be an interesting season with all these Speed UTV being used in Glamis....even if its less then 200 we are going to all hear about it.
LOL.  I don't get why you'd pot-shot a SxS company in a post about a non-SxS part.  Talk about an extreme case of asspainitis.  "Check out my new garage door opener!  Also: Sylvester Stallone sucks!"   :kenk:

Of those taking deliver of their Speed UTVs I am guessing not many will be hitting the dunes.  

On another note it looks like we will hit 400 pages before 100 cars are delivered.  Another milestone about to be crossed.  LMAO!!!!

Back