Speed UTV

I also think this is a great idea. 
Maybe Speed will sell a wrap kit.

Dealers would have basic cars so the customer could choose a wrap at the time of purchase. 
Your wrap gets scratched up or you get tired of your current wrap. Buy a Speed wrap kit and DIY. 
Wasn't that one of the initial issues discovered?  Wrap coming off on the new cars.

I haven't seen one in person, but from photos it appears to be just a decal kit, not a wrap. The vinyl doesn't wrap around panels, giving a painted on appearance. There are visible gaps and seams where the decals adjoin one another. Not a big deal, but not really my cup-o-joe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great. Now we’ll have Speed UTV “tear-offs” AND blowed-the-F-up belts littering the dunes. :biggrin:
Tear off the wrap in hopes it helps the next belt.   Maybe Speed will sell belts and wraps in 20 packs like tear offs.  LMAO 

• Haha
Reactions: FOG
like were in Johnny Dangerously, changing the wrap on a trail ride!

capture18chr8.2263.jpg

19 hours ago, Dune-Track-N said:

like were in Johnny Dangerously, changing the wrap on a trail ride!

Wow!!!  Excellent reference!  Love that movie. 

Chupracabra had his in Baja this weekend and aside from a broken front axle....all reports were it did pretty damn good...

Need to hear his full report, only saw IG snippets. 

Chupracabra had his in Baja this weekend and aside from a broken front axle....all reports were it did pretty damn good...

Need to hear his full report, only saw IG snippets. 
He did not break an axle. His passenger side CV pulled out of the diff and ripped the boot, they pit an overboot on it, put it back in and 5 miles later it pulled out again. Not sure why it pulled out.

They removed the axle and CV and finished the trip in 2WD. 

He's also the first customer car to go over 1000miles now.

Reactions: FOG
He did not break an axle. His passenger side CV pulled out of the diff and ripped the boot, they pit an overboot on it, put it back in and 5 miles later it pulled out again. Not sure why it pulled out.

Thanks for the clarification did they say why they think it happened

Circa clip was worn is the rumor as to why the axle pulled out.    

Are those dual plunging axles adjustable?  If so maybe it was off like the issue they initially had with the Wildcat XX axles. 

Circa clip was worn is the rumor as to why the axle pulled out.    

Are those dual plunging axles adjustable?  If so maybe it was off like the issue they initially had with the Wildcat XX axles. 
When they were still trying to roll out the RG Pro version of the OG Wildcat with the trailing arms, my partner was at SSSS for an invitational dealer race. It was a cluster, cars not ready, etc.  I asked a midwestern guy who was racing a Wildcat and was "in the know" WTF was going on. His direct quote, "...they are spitting out axles like a redneck in a bar fight".  LOL

For those wondering about space in CA. Speed has purchased a vacant dealership in Anaheim, plenty of space to take in 100 cars a week. Now they just need competent employees to push those cars thru.
Hopefully he'll have a Speed UTV weekly show about how he found good employees... I'd definitely watch that episode!  :biggrin:

Back