Speed UTV

To be fair Robby always said he built this for the desert and dunes.  But can do some rock climbing.  Im pretty sure the Rock junkies will figure out that TAPP clutch for optimal rock stuff.  Same with the dunes.  If the X3 fixes all the issues and shortens their 4 seater then I would be tempted to sell my speed spot.  Still hard to justify $50k for a SXS lol. 
Fair? So I guess being mc jerky is ok. Those cars are SUB par at BEST. PERIOD

So is this the week he starts pumping out 99 cars or when the 500 cars arrive?  So hard to keep up.  

• Haha
Reactions: FOG
So is this the week he starts pumping out 99 cars or when the 500 cars arrive?  So hard to keep up.  
f3explodedvw.gif

To be fair Robby always said he built this for the desert and dunes.  But can do some rock climbing.  Im pretty sure the Rock junkies will figure out that TAPP clutch for optimal rock stuff.  Same with the dunes.  If the X3 fixes all the issues and shortens their 4 seater then I would be tempted to sell my speed spot.  Still hard to justify $50k for a SXS lol. 
This has recently changed according to RWG, he stated in a video that they were not built for dunning.  It confused me, mostly because of how many buyers seem to be getting them to dune?    

Last edited by a moderator:
This has recently changed according to RWG, he stated in a video that they were not built for dunning.  It confused me, mostly because of how many buyers seem to be getting them to dune?    
The way I took that comment was, the car wasn't built specifically as a dune car, but an all around car. 

Also, word from Speed is 36 cars on the way, it's the last of the small shipments, and the next shipment will be100 cars.

I see has 2 Bandits at the Anaheim location and he said they were in production.  Bandits look cool.    Apparently they have a bigger facility that will be opening up in Anaheim.   

We shall see if those shipments of 99 start coming.  

Sand Show in September could be interesting.  

The way I took that comment was, the car wasn't built specifically as a dune car, but an all around car. 

Also, word from Speed is 36 cars on the way, it's the last of the small shipments, and the next shipment will be100 cars.
To each his own, but by that rational is any utv built specifically as a dune car from the manf?  In addition, had he meant specifically built as a dune car he could have stated such.  He has no problem hearing himself talk, he is rather good at talking and talking and talking.  Even re-lives his glory days of race "wins" every chance he gets.  

And another way to read what he said was they might not be all that and a bag of Cheetos in the dunes and he knows this.  It was stated prior to the Mongolian sand test trip but shortly after his glamis trip.  

Won't even go into the clutching while using the speed key and with paddles on a four seater, with four people and enough accessories to make even MacGyver envious, hello belt grenades'!!!  Stand by on this one.  

Speaking of speed keys, how is the issuing of those going?  Too soon?  

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what, it's Friday, I'm sober, well currently anyways..  why not.

I will go on record, officially, right now.

If you take the 4 seat speed utv, with paddles, current clutch's that is comes with, the speed key, and two people.  You go in the dunes and mash it, they are going to blow belts like its nobodies business.  

Throw some goodies on that heavy girl, and two more passengers and mash it through the dunes, you will blow those rubber bands even faster.  

Many utv duners, even experienced ones have two speeds, fast and faster, and the speed crowd is no exception to this, I think they will be even worse, cause they perceive the suspension as the holy grail, hence..  

btw, fast in a utv used to be (2004) painfully slow compared to buggies.  But with gps speeds of 124 in the unicorn recently, that happens to be a good click in any vehicle.  In the dunes, 124 is scooby doo quick.  Glad the car is the messiah, cause you hit a witchs eye at 124, you will need God on your side.  

But all this is relative, because I highly doubt the belt will hold up in the dunes with what I asserted above.  

I see has 2 Bandits at the Anaheim location and he said they were in production.  Bandits look cool.    Apparently they have a bigger facility that will be opening up in Anaheim.   

We shall see if those shipments of 99 start coming.  

Sand Show in September could be interesting.  
I still aint wasting my time at the SS....unless I get a call my car will be ready then I'd go to get paddles. 

You know what, it's Friday, I'm sober, well currently anyways..  why not.

I will go on record, officially, right now.

If you take the 4 seat speed utv, with paddles, current clutch's that is comes with, the speed key, and two people.  You go in the dunes and mash it, they are going to blow belts like its nobodies business.  

Throw some goodies on that heavy girl, and two more passengers and mash it through the dunes, you will blow those rubber bands even faster.  

Many utv duners, even experienced ones have two speeds, fast and faster, and the speed crowd is no exception to this, I think they will be even worse, cause they perceive the suspension as the holy grail, hence..  

btw, fast in a utv used to be (2004) painfully slow compared to buggies.  But with gps speeds of 124 in the unicorn recently, that happens to be a good click in any vehicle.  In the dunes, 124 is scooby doo quick.  Glad the car is the messiah, cause you hit a witchs eye at 124, you will need God on your side.  

But all this is relative, because I highly doubt the belt will hold up in the dunes with what I asserted above.  
My  Brother in Laws 15 RZR 4 seater was always peddle to metal to keep up with me.  Hes even had 4 jefes in his car on occasion.  He was slow and heavy with all the beer he carried but he made it just about everywhere, slow but he's never blown a belt when with me.    Im not saying Jefe's will not blow belts, it will be a belt eater.  But if your easy on the skinny peddle you will blow less belts.  I already forsee cutting the rear half of the clutch cover like the old Wildcat.  

Reactions: FOG
My  Brother in Laws 15 RZR 4 seater was always peddle to metal to keep up with me.  Hes even had 4 jefes in his car on occasion.  He was slow and heavy with all the beer he carried but he made it just about everywhere, slow but he's never blown a belt when with me.    Im not saying Jefe's will not blow belts, it will be a belt eater.  But if your easy on the skinny peddle you will blow less belts.  I already forsee cutting the rear half of the clutch cover like the old Wildcat.  
you are correct sir,

That is why I was very specific in my comment.  

UTV's can be driven for years without blowing a belt, but you have to drive them properly, or just mash it and blow belts and don't give a crap.

But if you read my post I was specific.  

Unicorn-4 seat, oem clutch, speed key, paddles, 2 people, mash it =  blown belts in the dunes, lots and lots of them

I still aint wasting my time at the SS....unless I get a call my car will be ready then I'd go to get paddles. 
We will be thinking of you at the Sand Show.  LOL!

Based on what RG has been hinting at there should be 99 cars off the production line and ready to be shipped by Friday. 

Im not falling for it.  But I'll play along.  100 a week, I should get my car in December but my money is on Dec 2024 not this season. 
I don't think they will get 500 cars out before the end of year unless they somehow hired a bunch of people and have huge facilities to house the cars for prep/delivery. 

I don't think they will get 500 cars out before the end of year unless they somehow hired a bunch of people and have huge facilities to house the cars for prep/delivery. 
Why aren’t some of these cars going to dealers?

I thought RG was putting a dealer network together for sales and service. What’s the status on that?

Back