Speed UTV

Why aren’t some of these cars going to dealers?

I thought RG was putting a dealer network together for sales and service. What’s the status on that?
Because so far, only 2 of them that have been delivered are dealer cars, the rest are direct to consumer. Coyne has a bunch coming, but they were skipped due to California and Carb.

I thought RG was putting a dealer network together for sales and service. What’s the status on that?
It was said very early on that Pre-Order were first then dealer commitments. That being said as stated above Coyne and a few other dealers pre-ordered cars and customers could grab those pre-orders via the dealer. Like the rest of the cars coming depends on the master #, type of car and accessories for when the magic # is delivered.

Reactions: FOG
It was said very early on that Pre-Order were first then dealer commitments. That being said as stated above Coyne and a few other dealers pre-ordered cars and customers could grab those pre-orders via the dealer. Like the rest of the cars coming depends on the master #, type of car and accessories for when the magic # is delivered.
I think he means why aren't they going to dealers for final prep and delivery.  Limiting it to only Havasu and eventually Anaheim will severely limit how many cars they can get to customers.  If 100 a week is coming off of boats and they can only delivery 9 a week to actual customers then there is a problem.  And I think that is the current bottleneck.

I think he means why aren't they going to dealers for final prep and delivery.  Limiting it to only Havasu and eventually Anaheim will severely limit how many cars they can get to customers.  If 100 a week is coming off of boats and they can only delivery 9 a week to actual customers then there is a problem.  And I think that is the current bottleneck.
Who is going to pay those dealers for their time? These cars are direct to consumer so far, not purchased thru a dealer. So the PDI at the dealership would need to be paid for, or turned over to the customer.

Todd went live this weekend, and there was a dealer from the PNW, he was there with a customer picking up his car, he also had 1 other car there, that I would assume will be going home with him. That dealer mentioned that he had another 160 cars ordered, if I remember the number correctly.

I'm guessing that when they get to the direct ordered cars from dealerships, that they will then be doing their own PDI

Isn’t the assembly being charged to the customer anyway? I mean when you make final,payment that’s usually part of it. If that’s the case, than Speed would be paying the dealers to assemble. Why would he do such a thing may be your next question? Short answer would be if your taking delivery of 100 cars but can only put out 9 cars a week, than your never gonna get these cars to the customer, who has waited years already, in a timely manner. At this point, I would think Speed would cherish the diehards for hanging in this long and want to get them their cars ASAP. Just my .02

Not sure if this got posted in this thread. Posted on the Speed UTV FB page 4 days ago.

Next group of cars shipping on Monday. We have also improved the delivery and paperwork process when picking up your car. Customers started picking up cars in Havasu yesterday and we have the paperwork process down to about 3 hours and 15 minutes. Will post some videos today of more cars leaving Havasu.

363356748_592751386347263_5401411517667897749_n.jpg

363920866_592751379680597_27610329063080122_n.jpg

I bought one of coynes dealer cars and last weekend their guy didn’t sound very confident. I’m still holding my breath but come Oct I might chose differently. 

I must say the ability to choose yore custom wrap was a brilliant idea...every machine looks different...
I actually think the orange RG ones look lame now in comparison.  I know they are supposed to be the top of the line but I think the LE's are gong to be worth more.  Just so many identical orange/black and orange/white.

Part of the reason was the deal in getting CARB approval.  I believe RG wanted to get the direct customer cars and the customers who ordered through a dealer out before stocking up dealer inventory. 

I am not sure how far along they are with the dealer networks as far as parts, service manual and getting the dealers familial with the cars.   If the 99 cars a week are rolling off the assembly line and they are shipping them dealers are going to be needed to help with deliveries.   I suspect it will still be a slow trickle of cars with each shipment that arrives until they have the manpower to get them ready for delivery and the room to house the cars. 

Reactions: FOG
I must say the ability to choose yore custom wrap was a brilliant idea...every machine looks different...
That is a great idea.   I wonder how long they will continue to do that.  

I don't disagree, but it sure makes it harder to sell at any volume level when every order is custom.  And then add if one or two cars are the wrong color scheme when being delivered, how do you fix that?  Mistakes happen.  

I don't disagree, but it sure makes it harder to sell at any volume level when every order is custom.  And then add if one or two cars are the wrong color scheme when being delivered, how do you fix that?  Mistakes happen.  
Mistakes happen?  I believe LOTD said RG makes everything perfect and there would be no mistakes.  LOL!!!!

Don't worry.  When he gets his car he will be back because if there is one thing Socaldm I mean LOTD loves more than telling people they are wrong is letting them know he was right.
I will be waiting for my big plate of crow he said he would be serving up 3 years ago.  LMAO!!!

I also think this is a great idea. 
Maybe Speed will sell a wrap kit.

Dealers would have basic cars so the customer could choose a wrap at the time of purchase. 
Your wrap gets scratched up or you get tired of your current wrap. Buy a Speed wrap kit and DIY. 

Back