Speed UTV

I bought a welder from Harbor Freight.
That should tell you how good of a welder I am. 

I bought a welder from Harbor Freight.
That should tell you how good of a welder I am. 
LOL.  I have a Vulcan MIGMax 215 for almost 5 years now, works great.  Welded with a buddy's Lincoln and this back to back, both work very well.

Last edited by a moderator:
In glamis dunes, Pismo dunes, Idaho dunes, Michigan dunes, Utah dunes and Oregon dunes, with broke ass $hit, I don't look at the brand, nor do I look at the guys resume, I plug it in, prep it, hand him the welder. 

Then once complete, I start pouring the cocktails.  

Figured it would be a compound issue, though the weight transfer up front seems to still overwhelm them a bit. 
Couldn't some sort of proportional valve be used to compensate for this in the brake system? 

Reactions: FOG
So why did they not use that compound brake to begin with?  It stops a lot better. 

Reactions: FOG
Figured it would be a compound issue, though the weight transfer up front seems to still overwhelm them a bit. 
I've been trying to limit my hating but that one really irked me. He's making it out like they go above and beyond for the r&d when it was an effed up design/material in the first place. Great, you fixed your Eff up, don't act like you're some kind of genius engineer.

Maybe I have that wrong but that's the way it feels.

I've been trying to limit my hating but that one really irked me. He's making it out like they go above and beyond for the r&d when it was an effed up design/material in the first place. Great, you fixed your Eff up, don't act like you're some kind of genius engineer.

Maybe I have that wrong but that's the way it feels.
Price points and profit margin. 

Even RG has to budget somewhere, hell everything is made overseas already...

Price points and profit margin. 

Even RG has to budget somewhere, hell everything is made overseas already...
What started out originally was "Made in the USA", then it was "Assembled in the USA" with maybe a select few foreign parts, now its 100% made and assembled in asia with mostly all foreign parts and labor. 

Ehh, what are you gonna do.  Nut swinging is still nut swinging, just this time its with more soy sauce.    

Not bad at all.  If I were getting my speed key I would be a little concerned they throwing it on a dyno and tweaking things this late in the game. 
I think they were adjusting safety parameters and not looking for hp or torque gains (which would affect the CARB cert). Things like temp or pressure allowables for when the ECU has to do something in response 

Couldn't some sort of proportional valve be used to compensate for this in the brake system? 
Could be there just isn’t enough friction available. It’s a heavy car on 15” wheels, big offroad tires, and not a lot of anti-dive in the suspension geometry. Rears are locking because there isn’t much weight on them.

This is why I told the nut-swingers to withhold judgement on suspension design until the car is driven by customers. You have a dozen competing requirements to toss in a hat, but can only draw 6. Compromises have to be made somewhere.

That being said: the fact that they can swap pad compounds tells me the 500 car shipment isn’t ready. 

Back